• Total voters

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I want it but don’t need it. My desire is to have an awesome road trip car for overlanding. I need to know if the traction control on the front axle will be enough for moderate substitution over a genuine front locking differential.

Is 4A an adequate substitute for 4H if I’m not doing Moab?

I’m very annoyed that Ford isn’t offering a front locker a la carte. That would be the sensible choice for me, on a Black Diamond.

in fact, all the package pricing is forcing most folks up to expensive options. Can only get the nice radio by paying 1000s more for a higher trim, and then again for the Lux package?

WTF, Ford, it’s a radio. It’s an iPad with nice speakers. That shit doesn’t cost $10K
Sponsored

USASAIL

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo S90, Chevy Suburban, Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think your assumption on price won’t work out, I think you’re assuming it includes auto trans. I look at the 5700 price tag on base and ask, do I really need a $6k off-road package, or could I just add some 33s and maybe wheels and be just as happy. I personally don’t think I’ll be off-road enough to justify the 5700 option
@BroncoFanBoy you are like my spirit animal on this journey. You pop up in all the base/bb/bd threads with the same questions and thoughts I have.

lsustang05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor SuperCab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel like people on this forum that have had 35's on their old off-road toy haven't had 35's or 37's since 2015 when the BFG KO2 came out. That tire ushered in a different era in off-road tires. Toyo Open Country RT, Falken Wildpeak, Nitto Ridge Grappler, BFG KM3, etc... all ride extremely well and don't sound like an Apache Helicopter. I have had Toyo O/C RT's for about 50K miles and they still have about 25% tread and are JUST now starting to have road noise. Handling will have different characteristics, but don't drive like an asshole until you get comfortable with the dynamics and you'll be fine.

To borrow a saying from somebody else on this forum, complaining about tire noise on a vehicle that is modeled after a brick with hood whistles as standard equipment, is silly.

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@BroncoFanBoy you are like my spirit animal on this journey. You pop up in all the base/bb/bd threads with the same questions and thoughts I have.
I think the 5,700 does include the trans. There is something fishy about the B&P. On the base if you add Sassy it automatically adds the auto trans and the total price goes from 29,995 to 35,785 a difference of 5,790.

But the stand alone price listed on B&P for the Sassy is 4,995 and the auto by itself is 1,595 which equals 6,590. So ford has given a discount on the auto if paired with the Sassy.

If B&P is accurate later when they allow Sassy with MT, it should will be priced at 4,995.

But who knows still buggy.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Very few people in the world rarely NEED more than a Mitsubishi Mirage.

Get what you want and what makes you happy. We don't live under communist rule.
Yet.

Sponsored

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the 5,700 does include the trans. There is something fishy about the B&P. On the base if you add Sassy it automatically adds the auto trans and the total price goes from 29,995 to 35,785 a difference of 5,790.

But the stand alone price listed on B&P for the Sassy is 4,995 and the auto by itself is 1,595 which equals 6,590. So ford has given a discount on the auto if paired with the Sassy.

If B&P is accurate later when they allow Sassy with MT, it should will be priced at 4,995.

But who knows still buggy.
I priced them all out just to do a comparison. On the BD when I added the Mid package it gave me the auto for $0. On the BL when I added the 2.7 it was the same $0. It's probably a glitch but it would be great if this right.

Randeeezy

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am also meditating on the Squatch . . . it looks fucking badass, would probably pay for itself in resale value down the road, and is a fair value. And with the base, you're getting a big boost for an overall lower price.

But I, like you, would never get the maximum capability out of that rig. I was watching the Moab demo video earlier today, and the whole time I was just thinking "man, I would NEVER want to attempt any of this - especially in such an expensive vehicle!"

Besides, I am a rock climber myself, so I prefer to drive to the rocks and climb them with my hands and feet ;)

In all honesty, I've been driving a Mazda 3 for 10 years and I'm just looking for an adventure vehicle that can handle mud, trails, desert. I'll do all the rocks on foot.

Do I WANT the Squatch? Hell yeah. Should I? Not if I'm being responsible lol.

NoTestDrive

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 VW Touareg
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
good catch in description. I was going off the bronco nation video walkthrough of the trail concept and he mentioned those upgrades wheels were beadlock (at least I thought he said that).

regardless, they look way better than the stock wheels in my opinion and will tie in the gray of the grill and roof for my non Sasquatch badlands.
They definitely look a lot better, for sure. But $250 per wheel, not beadlock?

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Don't need Squatch but I sure has heck am going to get it. Even my wife laughed when I said I might consider not getting it. I like big tires I can not lie...

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do you need it? Of course not, do you want it? Most likely. (Cool factor all day long)

Though to add to that, if you go Base, then it'd definitely be a good move. From what I've seen so far (and I could be wrong), the Base ONLY offers the rear locker with the Squatch package (does the locker mean that much to you? Off-roading it certainly could). Also, larger tires, want smaller gear ratio (If I have smaller/bigger correct, always confuse it). If you plan on towing, I'd go with the upgraded gears as well. Only way to get 4.46 gears is to go with 2.3l. Well if you want the 2.3, then you are good there.

So the answer isn't as simple as a yes or no.
I thought this has come up and the base gets the upgraded front axle and the front locker with the sasquatch.

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I thought this has come up and the base gets the upgraded front axle and the front locker with the sasquatch.
Yes, as I stated earlier, it does get the upgraded axle. What I was trying to say, without the Squatch package, the only way to upgrade the rear to 4.46 gears is to go with the 2.3l. Also note, it does not mention that as a locker. Whereas I believe the Big Bend allows you to upgrade the rear to the 4.27 locker with the V6.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As I sold myself on Sasquatch as a pratical vehicle I realized that once the 35s wear out I could always put 33s on later. But then that other voice tells me I could go to 37s with that final gearing no problem. I am glad to have front and rear locking diffs. If I am going off road in the middle of nowhere I want to make sure I can come back.
With all due respect, and there is A LOT OF IT, here I was just set myself that I was going to be "good" and not Squatch and here come all of the points of how it would be good to Squatch. *sigh*

#HeadsOrTails

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

"Is 4A an adequate substitute for 4H if I’m not doing Moab?"

The Adv Transfer case has both 4A and 4H, the standard part time Trans case has 4H. Both have 2H, and 4L as well as neutral tow capability

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
4A comes into play once you need it for snow and ice ( wife unit w/kids street driving) or rock crawling.

Classic 4H is fine for muddling or general offroading.