stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If your my thinking about it now...you’ll always wish you had it if you don’t get it.
This is why I am just doing it all. Badlands Squatched with the Lux. I'll be close to retirement if I keep this truck as long as my current one. So I'm just saying eff it. All in. And with Granger looking better and better...
Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That is not true, front and rear lockers are included for the sasquatch package.
You are correct, yes they are. Point I was making is, no locker upgrade for Base (unless you go Squatch)

BradtheWelder

Base
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
You are correct, yes they are. Point I was making is, no locker upgrade for Base (unless you go Squatch)
Ah ok I see what you meant

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi yall,
I wanted to know other's thoughts on the sasquatch package, if B&P shows a true price of $4195 (not including the 10 speed), I feel like the sasquatch package is a great deal for all its goodies. I will be getting a base bronco.

My question is, Do I need it. This bronco will be my daily and I Drive about 15k a year.
do I need the 35-inch tires and higher suspension.

I might go off-roading like once every 6 months or none at all to preserve the bronco. and by off-roading, it means just off the pavement stuff lol no rock crawling.

I know if I get the base I will be adding some KO2's and keep the rims, therefore I say, i might not need the sasquatch and I should just add other options.
Here are some points to consider:

- Sasquatch comes with upgraded suspension. To do those after market (system and lifts + mounts, conservative labor costs) it will cost you around $600 to $700.
- Rear locking differential, easily another $1200 to $1600 if you go after market.
- 35 inch mud tires, if you're not getting the absolute cheapest (quality and price) tires you're going to spend about $1700 on 5 tires plus mounting, balancing and stems.
- Changing your gearing is going to easily cost you $2700 to $3500 in the aftermarket. That's assuming you don't have any problems. Unforeseen issues with gearing upgrades can drive up the price a lot faster than you realize.
- Backspacing the wheels. Unknown cost.
- Changing the fenders. Unknown cost. But keep in mind, that Ford changes your fenders and spacing to accommodate the tires and travel as well. Four fenders could be pretty expensive.
- Bead lock Capable wheels might be something you want also. There's another $700 to $1200.

You're looking at $6200 to $7500 in the aftermarket. That's before spacers and fenders, since I can't fetch an accurate market price for those. And without bead lock wheels.

That's also without me adding in the addition drive programming and switches that are added to the dash by Ford when you upgrade to Sasquatch.

There's a reason why so many people think the Sasquatch package, including myself, is a "No brainer." It's simply a great, great value for what you're getting.

Edit: And it's ALL covered under the factory warranty. HUGE. Huge deal right there.

One more thing, and it's really a good thing: If you decide later on that you don't like the look and feel of 35s, you can swap out to a smaller MTR or AT 33" or 32.4" tire and still have all that performance and capability at your disposal.

Not to mention, resale value is going to be higher on a "true" Sasquatch. And people will be able to tell easily.

Hope that helps. :giggle:

Last edited:

Inventor

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi yall,
I wanted to know other's thoughts on the sasquatch package, if B&P shows a true price of $4195 (not including the 10 speed), I feel like the sasquatch package is a great deal for all its goodies. I will be getting a base bronco.

My question is, Do I need it. This bronco will be my daily and I Drive about 15k a year.

I might go off-roading like once every 6 months or none at all to preserve the bronco. and by off-roading, it means just off the pavement stuff lol no rock crawling.

I know if I get the base I will be adding some KO2's and keep the rims, therefore I say, i might not need the sasquatch and I should just add other options.
As I sold myself on Sasquatch as a pratical vehicle I realized that once the 35s wear out I could always put 33s on later. But then that other voice tells me I could go to 37s with that final gearing no problem. I am glad to have front and rear locking diffs. If I am going off road in the middle of nowhere I want to make sure I can come back.

Sponsored

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi yall,

While it may seem like a great deal (and it is) you need to also consider the increased continual costs having it will incur. 35 inch tires are way more expensive and you will be paying a lot more for gas. I am in roughly the same spot you are and I decided against it because the costs long term arent worth it for me. Your bronco will be more than capable bone stock adding the package takes that to the nth degree, but look at it this way a stock wrangler can take on the rubicon trail and just about any bronco stock can beat a wrangler so you dont really need it

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here are some points to consider:

- Sasquatch comes with upgraded suspension. To do those after market (system and lifts + mounts, conservative labor costs) it will cost you around $600 to $700.
- Rear locking differential, easily another $1200 to $1600 if you go after market.
- 35 inch mud tires, if you're not getting the absolute cheapest (quality and price) tires you're going to spend about $1700 on 5 tires plus mounting, balancing and stems.
- Changing your gearing is going to easily cost you $2700 to $3500 in the aftermarket. That's assuming you don't have any problems. Unforeseen issues with gearing upgrades can drive up the price a lot faster than you realize.
- Backspacing the wheels. Unknown cost.
- Changing the fenders. Unknown cost. But keep in mind, that Ford changes your fenders and spacing to accommodate the tires and travel as well. Four fenders could be pretty expensive.
- Bead lock Capable wheels might be something you want also. There's another $700 to $1200.

You're looking at $6200 to $7500 in the aftermarket. That's before spacers and fenders, since I can't fetch an accurate market price for those. And without bead lock wheels.

That's also without me adding in the addition drive programming and switches that are added to the dash by Ford when you upgrade to Sasquatch.

There's a reason why so many people think the Sasquatch package, including myself, is a "No brainer." It's simply a great, great value for what you're getting.

One more thing, and it's really a good thing: If you decide later on that you don't like the look and feel of 35s, you can swap out to a smaller MTR or AT 33" or 32.4" tire and still have all that performance and capability at your disposal.

Not to mention, resale value is going to be higher on a "true" Sasquatch. And people will be able to tell easily.

Hope that helps. :giggle:
Right as I was about to talk myself out of it, I get hit in the face with these indisputable numbers. Well done.

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right as I was about to talk myself out of it, I get hit in the face with these indisputable numbers. Well done.
You're welcome. :giggle: (y)

I forgot to mention that aside from all those points, it's all covered under Factory Warranty. Can't get that after market. No sir.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you sit here and think $5000 is pocket change then yes go for it. $5k is a lot of money to spend on something you may never use to be honest. I would just get bigger tires and maybe a lift and call it a day if I were you. Don’t even get me started on the “it only costs me XX per month to get it” as no matter what way you look at it, you are spending extra $5k. If you are ok with that than go for it since Sasquatch comes with a lot of great upgrades you will need to hard core off road.
The more I read this forum it looks like either most here make a lot of money (which is great) or they're just reckless with their spending. I see so many that say they're either not going to take it off road or will be going off road very little. :rolleyes:

OP it's your money so if you can afford it than go for it. Personally I would save the extra money but I'm also a cheap Polak. lol Seeing as it's your DD you will get worse mileage and I don't the payoff of having the SAS if you're only going off roading a few times a year.

I added 32's to my Ranger and I go off road a lot and I still get good mpg for DD. Everywhere we shoot out in the desert is sandy and I've hit every trail up in Sedona which is rocky and we just returned from southern UT without any issues. Sedona is no MOAB but there are some hilly and tricky areas. Unless you're going to MOAB or anything like it in CO most will never use it to its capabilities. But,If you like the looks and have the money to spend then go for it.

Right now I'm still not sure if I'll keep my Ranger when I get the Bronco or sell it. If I sell it then I'm getting a BL non SAS. It has everything I'll need and will be much better than my Ranger off road. If I keep my Ranger then I might get either the BD or OBX. The only thing I'm still deciding on is with the BD you can only get the Mid package and I'm use to (and like) all the tech which you can't get. But it won't be much of an issue since my Ranger is loaded.

Ford Bronco Do I need really the Sasquatch??? IMG_2622

Ford Bronco Do I need really the Sasquatch??? IMG_2618

Ford Bronco Do I need really the Sasquatch??? IMG_2603

Ford Bronco Do I need really the Sasquatch??? IMG_1486

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So you guys with a lot of tire knowledge, what is the biggest you can go on a stock BB, BD, or OBX? I know its a guess. We know that 265/70s will fit because the BD has them and its suspension is no different than the others. Would it be safe to say 275/70's will fit as well? I know 285/70s would be pushing it if not even possible.

Reactions: R11

Sponsored

snoopcat

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Ford Mustang, Mazda CX5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am interested in this as well. If I can put the 275/70s on the BD that may cement my decision.

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I get swayed every time by Sasquatch when I see pictures, but a 4 door badlands non Sasquatch with the optional beadlock wheels with 33 inch tires will be my choice. Quite a bit cheaper overall and the BFG all terrains are fantastic tires.

If you want to spend the money or ever think you’ll do 35 inch tires, definitely go Sasquatch.

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

ngl, when buying a vehicle that has been engineered to be an off road toy/lifestyle vehicle things like "need" are subjective.

I can promise you that the base with nothing on it is a very capable off roader just based on the capability of the Ranger.

snoopcat

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Ford Mustang, Mazda CX5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I get swayed every time by Sasquatch when I see pictures, but a 4 door badlands non Sasquatch with the optional beadlock wheels with 33 inch tires will be my choice. Quite a bit cheaper overall and the BFG all terrains are fantastic tires.

If you want to spend the money or ever think you’ll do 35 inch tires, definitely go Sasquatch.
I am thinking the same but the 33" tires listed are MT - Mud Terrain. Will these be a good highway tire?
Sponsored