First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am thinking the same but the 33" tires listed are MT - Mud Terrain. Will these be a good highway tire?
Garbage handling, garbage stopping, noise, rapid wear, most are really bad in rain, snow, and ice--unless studded.
Sponsored

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am thinking the same but the 33" tires listed are MT - Mud Terrain. Will these be a good highway tire?
the standard tire is the all terrains. And you can get the upgraded bead lock wheels and still keep all terrains.

snoopcat

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Ford Mustang, Mazda CX5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
the standard tire is the all terrains. And you can get the upgraded bead lock wheels and still keep all terrains.
When I do my build I click on that upgraded 33 inch wheels it shows in the description that the tire is MT.

Is there a way that you can keep the AT tire listed on standard wheel? Thx!

OP
OP
andi

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

ngl, when buying a vehicle that has been engineered to be an off road toy/lifestyle vehicle things like "need" are subjective.

I can promise you that the base with nothing on it is a very capable off roader just based on the capability of the Ranger.
agreed

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
When I do my build I click on that upgraded 33 inch wheels it shows in the description that the tire is MT.

Is there a way that you can keep the AT tire listed on standard wheel? Thx!
The next section with tire options shows you can keep all terrain 285’s or upgrade to mud terrain 33’s. Unless it’s another glitch.

Sponsored

NoTestDrive

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 VW Touareg
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The squatch wheels say they are beadlock capable, but the upgraded BL wheel doesn't, even if it looks like a bead lock wheel. So the upgraded wheel is beadlock capable, because otherwise those are way too expensive.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Very few people in the world rarely NEED more than a Mitsubishi Mirage.

Get what you want and what makes you happy. We don't live under communist rule.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Have you driven a Wrangler with 35s? They’re not for everyone. But if you like the look and are willing to put up with how they handle then do it.
Had a wrangler 4inch lift 35s. What he said not for everyone. Looked killer! Off roading was fun then boom my hours changed at work basically a daily and a road trip mobile. Driving on the interstate was a joke! Sold it.

I've finally settled Badlands non SAS after real long thought process why I wanted it the first place! I can do that later after it's been my daily for a few years. Also IFS will make a world of difference! You dig it though go for it. You can always change things don't like!

4D-Beach

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CG Badlands 4dr st 2.3l 7mt mid ppf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you kidding me?

Chances are you’ll be the first kid on your block with a Squach.
You will be an instant rock star.
F covid, people will try to croud around asking questions
Relatives acquaintances strangers will want a ride
You will rewrite the book “How to Win Friends and Influence People”
It will be one page:

Buy a Sasquach

(On the other hand, if you’re a recluse like me...)

Last edited:

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The squatch wheels say they are beadlock capable, but the upgraded BL wheel doesn't, even if it looks like a bead lock wheel. So the upgraded wheel is beadlock capable, because otherwise those are way too expensive.
good catch in description. I was going off the bronco nation video walkthrough of the trail concept and he mentioned those upgrades wheels were beadlock (at least I thought he said that).

regardless, they look way better than the stock wheels in my opinion and will tie in the gray of the grill and roof for my non Sasquatch badlands.

Sponsored

Dro

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 Door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m doing Wildtrak meaning Sasquatch is standard. Do y’all think the dealer would be willing to swap out the MTs for ATs prior to delivery?

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m doing Wildtrak meaning Sasquatch is standard. Do y’all think the dealer would be willing to swap out the MTs for ATs prior to delivery?
The Goodyear Wrangler Territory M/T is described as a Multi-Terrain tire by Goodyear and looking at the tread pattern it should ride just fine .

Do I need really the Sasquatch???

If the 5k or a little bit in extra fuel and tires down the road will put your finances in a bind then NO .

Someone has already broken down the cost showing the Squatch is a very good deal from the factory . It will definitely help if you ever resale . Having a factory engineered off-road package that includes 35" tires and beadlock capable wheels , plus wider fender flares , 2" lift , Locking front/rear heavy duty axles with proper gearing , heavy duty bash plates , nice Bilstein shocks and ties in to the factory G.O.A.T. mode programming is awesome . The squatch also comes with wider wheels which make it look great IMO .

Do you really need it ? Probably not .
Do any of us really need a GT500 or a Corvette as a daily driver that can rip on the racetrack ?

This is AMERICA ....YES we F'ing DO !!!

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A base bronco will proabably go anywhere you need to go,but if theres a glimmer in your eye that likes the sasquatch look get it.
I have said many times what a deal it is great parts with factory warranty,years ago i was dealing with one of the big suspension companies and i asked the guys do you sell more 4in lifts or 6in lift kits and they laughed and said 4in the first time then 6in about 6 months later.
Lifes too short to not drive something cool and cabable grab the squatch by the balls??

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really don't like the wheels and tires. (Even Ford doesn't, they keep putting after market wheels and tires on the demos.) That would be a few more grand to swap out. BUT a Base 2door Manual Sasquatch (please stop calling it Mansasquatch) is very high on my list. I'm just not sure if I want to wait for the late availability.

It would save me about $15k over a Badlands. But a Badlands will get me early (I reserved in the first hour) delivery and I do want the high package, and I wouldn't feel the need to swap out wheels and tires. - and I do have the money - So right now it's still a toss up.

Since you're looking at the Base I'd say do it. Especially if you're looking at the MT. You'll get that 5k back on resale (the rest of the vehicle will still depreciate.) And at the base model price you could swap the wheels and/or tires for something more hwy friendly, but still enjoy the stance and most of the capabilities.

Base plus Sasquatch is basically the same price as a Big Bend with zero options. It's a good deal.

Hi yall,
I wanted to know other's thoughts on the sasquatch package, if B&P shows a true price of $4195 (not including the 10 speed), I feel like the sasquatch package is a great deal for all its goodies. I will be getting a base bronco.

My question is, Do I need it. This bronco will be my daily and I Drive about 15k a year.
do I need the 35-inch tires and higher suspension.

I might go off-roading like once every 6 months or none at all to preserve the bronco. and by off-roading, it means just off the pavement stuff lol no rock crawling.

I know if I get the base I will be adding some KO2's and keep the rims, therefore I say, i might not need the sasquatch and I should just add other options.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi yall,
I wanted to know other's thoughts on the sasquatch package, if B&P shows a true price of $4195 (not including the 10 speed), I feel like the sasquatch package is a great deal for all its goodies. I will be getting a base bronco.

My question is, Do I need it. This bronco will be my daily and I Drive about 15k a year.
do I need the 35-inch tires and higher suspension.

I might go off-roading like once every 6 months or none at all to preserve the bronco. and by off-roading, it means just off the pavement stuff lol no rock crawling.

I know if I get the base I will be adding some KO2's and keep the rims, therefore I say, i might not need the sasquatch and I should just add other options.
Ugh, the power of suggestion is powerful. Ford has done an impressive job convincing so many people that they need/want Sasquatch. A lot of guys like yourself who've never owned 35s and probably never even driven on 35s may regret the purchase.

Road handling characteristics will be bad compared to say 32s offered on three trims AND those trims will be MORE than capable off-road. On 35s - breaking will require a lot longer distance, it won't accelerate like the smaller tires, it won't handle as well on the road, it'll get worse gas mileage and they'll be louder. They'll cost more to replace.

Sasquatch costs $5790 on the Base, not $4195 as you said. $5790 is a good deal for what you get and Base/Squatch is a great package. I'd add the 2.7L engine so you have enough power on the road to get those 35s spinning if you go that route! Consider the BB or BD (w/2.7L!) for similar money. You might find those better suited to your needs. Add the optional rear diff lock and you'll have all the off-road kit you desire.
Sponsored