Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands w/ sasquatch pkg - Carbonized Grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On my 2023 badlands w/Squatch my setup is:

Fabtech 3" Coil over lift with resi
37" Mickey Thompson Bajas
OEM Bronco wheels

The tires clear everything except the upper control arm at full hard turn. I believe the OEM wheels are a "zero" offset, how much + offset do I need to looking for?
Sponsored

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On my 2023 badlands w/Squatch my setup is:

Fabtech 3" Coil over lift with resi
37" Mickey Thompson Bajas
OEM Bronco wheels

The tires clear everything except the upper control arm at full hard turn. I believe the OEM wheels are a "zero" offset, how much + offset do I need to looking for?
0.75" or 20mm wheel spacers (e.g. BORA) with OEM sasquatch wheels for clearance with min poke. Most aftermarket wheels are only available at +0, so more poke and clearance issues.

OP
OP
Az_Squatch_Bronco

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
0.75" or 20mm wheel spacers (e.g. BORA) with OEM sasquatch wheels for clearance with min poke. Most aftermarket wheels are only available at +0, so more poke and clearance issues.
I was considering some Black Rhino wheels with a -18mm offset...would this work?

Ford Bronco I need some offset - how much? 20230802_204346

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was considering some Black Rhino wheels with a -18mm offset...would this work?
Not ideal for offroad (almost 2" of poke with additional fender clearance issues when turning). Fox/BDS/Zone recommends +6 to +12 with their lift/UCA (same as 0.75" spacer with the OEM +30 wheels). +0 wheels work well with frame/fender modification(JKS kit).

Sponsored

Freedom5

Badlands
First Name
Freedom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Classic mini cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not ideal for offroad (almost 2" of poke with additional fender clearance issues when turning). Fox/BDS/Zone recommends +6 to +12 with their lift/UCA (same as 0.75" spacer with the OEM +30 wheels). +0 wheels work well with frame/fender modification(JKS kit).
Wont ggive you all that poke in front because you're lifting it. IFS will suck in the tires a bit.

OP
OP
Az_Squatch_Bronco

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What Iam seeing with an offset calculator is I would gain 6mm from the strut and 18 mm in pike.

That's less than 1 inch of "poke" which would be fine if that's correct.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What Iam seeing with an offset calculator is I would gain 6mm from the strut and 18 mm in pike.

That's less than 1 inch of "poke" which would be fine if that's correct.
-18 8.5" is 48mm difference from OEM. IFS angles are a smaller factor.

JKS kit recommends 4.5-5.5" backspace for 37x12.50, which is -6 to +19 for 8.5" wheel. I would stay in that range if you want to be able to turn lock-to-lock with wheel tucked (+6 to +12 8.5" if not using JKS).

This is with +0 8.5" wheel and 37's (no clearance). Wheel tucked and turned (fender liner removed). The JKS kit eliminates this inner fender plastic part to improve clearance enough for +0 wheels. -18 will be worse (no easy fix).

Ford Bronco I need some offset - how much? IMG_0911.JPG
Ford Bronco I need some offset - how much? IMG_0910.JPG

OP
OP
Az_Squatch_Bronco

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I onlybrub in one spot turn to turn. Iam clearing the crash bar and fender liners on the front. The top edge of the tire rubs the upper control arm on full turn. The rear tires will have to be flexed and stuffed to see what's rubbing.

Front,.... that rub mark is actually the adhesive from the FabTech sticker.

Ford Bronco I need some offset - how much? 20230803_063908

The rear....

Ford Bronco I need some offset - how much? 20230803_063832

OP
OP
Az_Squatch_Bronco

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So with the spacers I would be ok - or sort ok?

Sponsored

Strizzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Its hard to say you'll need a new wheel with X amount of offset because offset is measured from the centerline of the wheel to the mounting surface. So, if you buy a wheel with less offset you might think you'll be ok, but if you buy like a 10.5" wheel you could have worse fitment.

Stock wheels are 17x8.5 and +30 offset so your inner wheel bead surface is 137.95mm from the mounting surface. If you went to a zero offset and a 10" wide wheel that would put your inner bead at 127mm from the mounting surface, which would clear up your rubbing on the suspension but could cause interference with crash bars or fenders since they would poke out more than stock by 19.05mm, or almost 2"

OP
OP
Az_Squatch_Bronco

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its hard to say you'll need a new wheel with X amount of offset because offset is measured from the centerline of the wheel to the mounting surface. So, if you buy a wheel with less offset you might think you'll be ok, but if you buy like a 10.5" wheel you could have worse fitment.

Stock wheels are 17x8.5 and +30 offset so your inner wheel bead surface is 137.95mm from the mounting surface. If you went to a zero offset and a 10" wide wheel that would put your inner bead at 127mm from the mounting surface, which would clear up your rubbing on the suspension but could cause interference with crash bars or fenders since they would poke out more than stock by 19.05mm, or almost 2"
You recommend almost what Fabtech recommend when I called them today. They ran a 17x9 wheel with a zero offset on the Bronco they have.

The crash bar slots and fenders are easy fixes.

I appreciate all the replies...wheels are not my wheel house....no pun intended!

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So with the spacers I would be ok - or sort ok?
You have to trim off part of the crash bar mounts in front and rear of the front tire on each side with angle grinder (4 mounts).
I removed the spring from coilover and cycled articulation and turning range to see what wheel offset worked best (KM3 37x12.50 and BDS UCA). The 0.75" BORA spacer on sasquatch wheels was the sweet spot (zero rub for me). Others report similar results with 0.75".
The JKS kit provides additional clearance for fender and frame to support a wider offset range and tires on the larger side. If you are willing to cut frame, this is the guaranteed option.

OP
OP
Az_Squatch_Bronco

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You have to trim off part of the crash bar mounts in front and rear of the front tire on each side with angle grinder (4 mounts).
I removed the spring from coilover and cycled articulation and turning range to see what wheel offset worked best (KM3 37x12.50 and BDS UCA). The 0.75" BORA spacer on sasquatch wheels was the sweet spot (zero rub for me). Others report similar results with 0.75".
The JKS kit provides additional clearance for fender and frame to support a wider offset range and tires on the larger side. If you are willing to cut frame, this is the guaranteed option.
I ordered some zero offset wheels, hopefully I won't have to trim much.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A couple of things:

First, it looks like you took your front fender liners out, just unbolt those plastic supports, you don't need them if you're not running the factory fender liners. I have DV8 steel liners on mine.

Second, I run 1" spacers with my 37s and I liked the small amount of poke I had. I deleted my flares so now I have a ton of poke but it's all good because I kept catching my flares off-roading. One was half ripped off hanging, another two were all beat up.

You're probably going to still rub a bit at full stuff and that's ok, it happens.
Sponsored