Sponsored

I swapped out my Badlands grill for a Raptor knockoff grill. Anyone else swap their grills?

DarthLincoln

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 BMW M coupe, 2023 Ford Bronco Badlands 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands here and I love the Black Diamond grille. I didn't realize some grilles are not exactly swappable. I found this out in the middle of the project. Made the swap with a few adjustments, but I'd recommend doing some research before doing a swap.
I had the same issue when replacing my Badlands grille for an iAG i-Line classic grille (the BD grille was my second choice). The 8046 bracket (see image below) behind the Badlands grille had the same interference problem with the iAG grille.

Does anyone know why the Badlands/Wildtrack/FE grilles have a different 8046 bracket behind the grille than the Base/BD, BB/OB, and Heritage grilles? I am wondering if it is better to keep and modify the 8046 bracket my Badlands came with, or replace it with the other one.

Ford Bronco I swapped out my Badlands grill for a Raptor knockoff grill.  Anyone else swap their grills? IMG_1824
Sponsored

ivtecdaily

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I like it, where did you get it from?

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Did/do not like big bend grill…saw that grill on ebay cheap so bought it…I do like it way better than most “stock” ones.
Ford Bronco I swapped out my Badlands grill for a Raptor knockoff grill.  Anyone else swap their grills? IMG_3060

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the same issue when replacing my Badlands grille for an iAG i-Line classic grille (the BD grille was my second choice). The 8046 bracket (see image below) behind the Badlands grille had the same interference problem with the iAG grille.

Does anyone know why the Badlands/Wildtrack/FE grilles have a different 8046 bracket behind the grille than the Base/BD, BB/OB, and Heritage grilles? I am wondering if it is better to keep and modify the 8046 bracket my Badlands came with, or replace it with the other one.

Ford Bronco I swapped out my Badlands grill for a Raptor knockoff grill.  Anyone else swap their grills? IMG_3060
I believe it's different for the front camera mount. I ended up removing mine for the winch bumper install... several times

Sponsored

bniknar

Big Bend
First Name
Bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An old EcoDriver
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Swapped my BD grille for an IAG Para- Hex
1B5C1936-EA4E-4423-A99B-7886B330DDAB.jpeg
What do the connectors look like on the wiring for the Para-Hex grille? I'm curious if the wiring will plug into this harness so the marker lights are on only when the headlights are on.

Thanks!

OP
OP
Robertriley

Robertriley

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, 36 ford convertible, 59 MGA, 57 Mercedes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can hook you directly into the auxiliary switches or you can get one of those little fuse adapters and plug it into the fuse box and it turns on when your headlights turn on.

Bigred86

Black Diamond
First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2016 Harley Davidson Sportster48
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What do the connectors look like on the wiring for the Para-Hex grille? I'm curious if the wiring will plug into this harness so the marker lights are on only when the headlights are on.

Thanks!
It comes with a fuse tap and a terminal that goes to the battery. They run whenever the vehicle is on. I broke my terminal after re installing the grille. That's why mine aren't on.
Sponsored