Sponsored

- I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR OPINIONS FROM ANYONE THAT BI-AMPED THE FRONT SPEAKERS WITH THE PLUG N' PLAY/ KICKER MOD -

Jkoren12345

Outer Banks
First Name
Jkor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 dr 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello everyone,
Unless this has been talked about specifically, I'm interested in hearing opinions from the folks who bi-amped their front speakers with the plug n' play wire harness/kicker mod. I know most people powered their entire system with that mod but I feel like the Morel speakers l have powered by the stock amp (which sounds like shit) would sound much better bi-amped rather then using the 4 channels to power 6 speakers. So, give me your opinions if this is how you set your system up and let me what you think.
Thx...
Sponsored

gringoloco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Anyone? Interested in results from those who have tried it

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The real definition of bi amp is having the amp electronically crossed over at its input. Sending lows only through one amp too low frequency drivers and another amp only having high frequencies at its inputs and connected to appropriate high frequency speakers. What you describe is just multiple amp channels and some driving more than 1pr of speakers. A true bi amp or tri amp system is the best way in most cases. There are some other variables such as passive crossovers designed for certain speaker characteristics.

DJ1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not exactly sure what you are asking? Are you going to run the Kicker Key with channels for dash L and dash R and then the other 2 channels for kick L and kick R? Or bridge the key into a 2-channel and then run 2 of them? What Morels are you running? Great speakers, but performance is highly dependent on a good signal with enough power.

OP
OP

Jkoren12345

Outer Banks
First Name
Jkor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 dr 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The kicker 200.4 can bi-amp the front channels powering the dash speakers each with 50 watts and automatically crossing them over at a higher frequency so as to cut the bass and treat them more like midrange/tweeters and send 50 watts to each kick panel 6.5 crossing them over to handle the bass duties. Other people have done it but doesn't seem like it's talked about much. I'd rather have more power to each Morel while using a simpler plug and play option...just curious about the opinions regarding that configurations sound.

OP
OP

Jkoren12345

Outer Banks
First Name
Jkor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 dr 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
BTW, the dash and kicks are Morel Maximo Ultra's. Nice speakers. In my Ford Fusion l had the original maximo seperates and 6x9s in the deck and it sounded really good with the stock amp so l thought for sure the Bronco would sound great with just the speaker upgrade...l was wrong. Lol
Sponsored