First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'll post some pictures and review here after cleghorn for you. I'm planning on going out next Wednesday.
Sponsored

Rush4th

Base
First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know... I'm fabbing up some skid plates for the rear resi's. Hopefully I can get them on by Wednesday.

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got my stg4 in and some rock jock lower links. Planning on installing in a week or 2.
Ford Bronco Icon Stage 4 Kit. Anyone out there? PXL_20220724_203323269

Sponsored

DoYouBronco

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Gen2 Raptor Midtravel / TowRunner F250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just got my stg4 in and some rock jock lower links. Planning on installing in a week or 2.
PXL_20220724_203323269.jpg
stoked to hear your feed back. Im also anxiously awaiting the arrival of my icon kit. Ive seen a lot of talk about when external reservoirs are justified, intreating to hear there was a discernible differnce in ride from a stage 3. Id like to hear more detail on that from @Rush4th.

Its vital to remember everyone in here uses their broncos just a lil bit differently, and there is rarely a one size fits all solution. Thats why one of my favorite features of icon, is that they offer different stages for varing levels of on and offroad performance. Its my goal to help everyone understand which stage is best for each type of conditions.

Stage 4-
Besides the cool factor, external resies offer the most significant benefits to those who offroad for longer ranges between stops. The extra oil capacity allows the shock to work at its most optimal ranges for much longer periods of use. When the shocks oil reaches higher temps, the viscosity levels change and you will begin to experience what's called, shock fade. When spending big money on offroad suspension, the last thing I want to do is dial down the fun wand wait for the shocks to cool down. But that's just me...
Hearing about the difference from a stage 3 to 4 makes me that more excited to try out the stage 10 digital kit that I've been waiting for!

Last edited:

FTNBubba

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had the Icon stage 6 put on this week and it turned out awesome. The only issue they ran into was you have to drop the gas tank to install the rear lowers. They also said they had to call to see which bump stop went where as the kit was not packaged well when they received it.
Ford Bronco Icon Stage 4 Kit. Anyone out there? 8CB31A23-BC80-462A-B646-B7242F08D7DB

Ford Bronco Icon Stage 4 Kit. Anyone out there? 757B99C0-5DB0-452C-9A7B-64C58643AAD8

Ford Bronco Icon Stage 4 Kit. Anyone out there? DB10C0D1-2E59-4F1D-BC19-AA1AB59FB43B

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had the Icon stage 6 put on this week and it turned out awesome. The only issue they ran into was you have to drop the gas tank to install the rear lowers. They also said they had to call to see which bump stop went where as the kit was not packaged well when they received it.
Ford Bronco Icon Stage 4 Kit. Anyone out there? DB10C0D1-2E59-4F1D-BC19-AA1AB59FB43B

Those are 37's right? Looks awesome. Also, do you think those rear remote reservoirs are in danger of hitting rocks. Hard to tell from pictures how tucked up in there it is.

FTNBubba

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes 37” ridge grapplers on 17” KMC’s. Funny you should ask about the rear as I had the same question and its the suggested location by Icon. If you find a better spot when you guys install let me know and I will copy it.

TNTTRX

Wildtrak
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco on Order
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes 37” ridge grapplers on 17” KMC’s. Funny you should ask about the rear as I had the same question and its the suggested location by Icon. If you find a better spot when you guys install let me know and I will copy it.

My Bronco is at the shop right now, ordered the Icon Stage 5 kit about 6 months ago and now am told that it won't work since I have power steps on the Bronco and that's where the Icon reservoir is supposed to sit.

Icon said they would take back the rears and exchange them for non-reservoir coil-overs, but will not take the fronts in return/exchange since they've been installed already. Pretty disappointed overall, and it seems like a terrible place to mount the rear reservoirs. I'm definitely not happy with the situation and I have full high-dollar Icon kits on my F350 and had one on my Raptor before I got a TRX. Sad to say I won't be a customer any longer, pretty ridiculous that they won't budge on the fronts even though they have zero miles on them so now I have a $8000 lift with non-matching shocks... :/

Sponsored

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Bronco is at the shop right now, ordered the Icon Stage 5 kit about 6 months ago and now am told that it won't work since I have power steps on the Bronco and that's where the Icon reservoir is supposed to sit.

Icon said they would take back the rears and exchange them for non-reservoir coil-overs, but will not take the fronts in return/exchange since they've been installed already. Pretty disappointed overall, and it seems like a terrible place to mount the rear reservoirs. I'm definitely not happy with the situation and I have full high-dollar Icon kits on my F350 and had one on my Raptor before I got a TRX. Sad to say I won't be a customer any longer, pretty ridiculous that they won't budge on the fronts even though they have zero miles on them so now I have a $8000 lift with non-matching shocks... :/
why not just mount the rear res somewhere else. The hose is pretty long I'm sure there is somewhere to mount it that would work.

TNTTRX

Wildtrak
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco on Order
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
why not just mount the rear res somewhere else. The hose is pretty long I'm sure there is somewhere to mount it that would work.
The engineer at Icon advised against it, and also said it would void the warranty on the whole set up. That said, it still might be what I do. I just need to weigh the cost and time to do that versus the cost and time to uninstall everything, put it back to stock, wait four to six more weeks (in icon weeks that means about 4 to 6 months from my recent experience) for the non-reservoir coil overs to come in, then they have to put everything back on. Just frustrating.

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The engineer at Icon advised against it, and also said it would void the warranty on the whole set up. That said, it still might be what I do. I just need to weigh the cost and time to do that versus the cost and time to uninstall everything, put it back to stock, wait four to six more weeks (in icon weeks that means about 4 to 6 months from my recent experience) for the non-reservoir coil overs to come in, then they have to put everything back on. Just frustrating.
Yea that sucks. I get why Icon would say that as well but I'd mount it elsewhere and move on. I like to void warranties though lol.

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They also said they had to call to see which bump stop went where as the kit was not packaged well when they received it.
What do you mean by bumpstop? I don't think this kit comes with any except for the ones on the shock shafts.
Sponsored