Iconic Silver Paint Thread

BroncoJay

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
For a silver, it looks to have more character than the 100s of other silver vehicles I see driving around. I have to see this in person first though.

For me, I've been leaning toward Carb Gray but Iconic Silver seems to have more character (especially after looking at the images posted by @Hossamus Prime above).
Dude...
I thought we were both on the A51 train....
Ur killin me😎

BBF8C6F7-177C-4FAF-951B-1C128BFA50CE.png

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Renegade
it looks to have more character
Its one thing to build in 'character'....quite another to CGI it after the fact.

If you look at the 2-door image above, note that the B-pillar and MIC top are exactly the same color/shade.
Now compare that to the real-life Bronco below. The images Ford puts out are about as realistic as pictures in a Russian bride catalog.

1603831064184.png

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple of Acuras
Clubs

Dude...
I thought we were both on the A51 train....
Ur killin me😎

BBF8C6F7-177C-4FAF-951B-1C128BFA50CE.png
Trust me... I was. You must have missed my post about my wife squashing A51 as an option. :cry:

Its one thing to build in 'character'....quite another to CGI it after the fact.

If you look at the 2-door image above, note that the B-pillar and MIC top are exactly the same color/shade.
Now compare that to the real-life Bronco below. The images Ford puts out are about as realistic as pictures in a Russian bride catalog.

1603831064184.png
That's a good point. I really need to see these in person before I can decide.

BroncoJay

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma

1603831064184.png
Is this the same catalog Trump got his wife..
Oh shit I didn’t just say that
😀

pan-y-cerveza

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Clubs

1603831064184.png
I'd argue that a factory photo is just as unrealistic. The light blows everything out. I'm not under factory fluorescent lights often.

From what I've seen Iconic Silver looks best under grey skies. Really shows some contrast on the panels.

Edit: This has likely been posted before but this Mustang is a far cry from the factory photo on the Bronco.
shelby-gt500-iconic-silver.jpg

Fergie72

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Ford Bronco, 2013 Explorer, 2012 Edge
Surf green or seafoam green? Huge difference between colors often confused for each other.

tbird_gallery_03.jpg

seafoam-surf-1518x1800[1].jpg
My 1972 was Seafoam Green, just like that example

Fergie72

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Ford Bronco, 2013 Explorer, 2012 Edge

Jtorral

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango, Focus
Vehicle Showcase

This is the best view of Iconic Silver I have seen. After this I was completely sold.
I saw it in person last weekend indoor on a GT500. It looked stunning. But have not seen it in sunlight. One think to keep in mind, the Bronco is no GT500 :) meaning the lines will throw you off and the 500 has a LOT of black accents which the bronco does not. Especially with that stupid MIC gray :(

This color is on the top of my list. But I need more black on the 2DR bronco regardless.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Renegade
Bronco is no GT500 :) meaning the lines will throw you off
100% correct....mustangs get their sex appeal from those lovely curves. Bronco is closer to a refrigerator on its side....that may drive me to a body color with more 'pop' than iconic

Advertisement

Advertisement