Iconic Silver Paint Thread

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Clubs

Iconic silver has always been my top choice. It sucks we haven’t gotten to see any great pictures of it other than that base 2 door.

I went to my local dealer to see iconic silver, looked really nice on an F250 that I saw.
Agreed.
Silver, A51, and Grey...
I gotta see an Iconic Silver, If I go BaseSquatch it’ll be silver with that black grill.

Mr Big

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep LJ
Clubs

Agreed.
Silver, A51, and Grey...
I gotta see an Iconic Silver, If I go BaseSquatch it’ll be silver with that black grill.
Silver & black has always been a good classic color combo.

when I went to the dealer to find iconic silver, I originally saw ingot silver. It was a very light silver to begin with but in the sunlight it was almost a white silver. I hated it. Luckily I found the iconic silver on the f250. It’s a nice medium shade of silver, I think the metallic adds a nice richness/deepness to the paint.

Silver has always been a good color to hide dirt but I think the iconic silver would do so much more than the ingot silver that I saw.

Massbronco

Badlands
First Name
CHRIS
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Clubs

Although I'm not ordering this color, I do have to say it is the most underrated color in the ford line up. The more you see it, the more it grows on you. Looks grayish on a dark day and silver on a light day. Also looks great with black accents like a painted black roof...

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Camaro 2SS/RS, 05 Trailblazer
Clubs

Lurked around on the Ford lots this afternoon and Iconic shot up to #2 on my list. It's very closely behind A51 and may go to the top once I see A51 in person. Saw it on 4-5 different vehicles and it looked great across the board. Loved the contrast between the highlights and lowlights as lighting changed walking around them. It has way more depth than I was anticipating.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 14 Ford Fusion, 05 Volvo V70R
Clubs

Lurked around on the Ford lots this afternoon and Iconic shot up to #2 on my list. It's very closely behind A51 and may go to the top once I see A51 in person. Saw it on 4-5 different vehicles and it looked great across the board. Loved the contrast between the highlights and lowlights as lighting changed walking around them. It has way more depth than I was anticipating.
My wife and i have the same thought.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Renegade

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Clubs

My wife and i have the same thought.
My wife has been on IS since day one.

I've warmed up to it. Saw it on a Ranger a few weeks ago and it's very sharp. Will be a forever colour. Will actually work with the interior.

It's also a pretty safe colour to order. I don't think I'll see Cactus or A51 before order time.

It's in my top four now. But at the end of the day it's "just another silver vehicle." Which is good and bad.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 14 Ford Fusion, 05 Volvo V70R
Clubs

My wife has been on IS since day one.

I've warmed up to it. Saw it on a Ranger a few weeks ago and it's very sharp. Will be a forever colour. Will actually work with the interior.

It's also a pretty safe colour to order. I don't think I'll see Cactus or A51 before order time.

It's in my top four now. But at the end of the day it's "just another silver vehicle." Which is good and bad.
Just another silver vehicle... that's my only reservation too.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Clubs

Never just another silver vehicle if it is a silver Bronco!

36DBD02E-C44D-41DB-B573-CBB3D2294172.jpeg
Nice pic. I was originally all over Cactus Gray, but now I'm down to Carbonized Gray and Iconic Silver. My final decision changes weekly, 🤣 . I keep thinking how sweet a Iconic Silver Wildtrak will look with the Black decals, Black Rims, Black Grille, Black mirrors and Black MOD Hardtop. Looks like I'll be taking another trip to the Ford dealership.
IS4.PNG

Last edited:

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

Stopped at Ford Dealership this morning.
They had a few Iconic Silver Mustangs, Explorers and Pickups.
I took this pic to see how black rims and Grille looked with IconicSilver. I do believe it's a winning combo. I think the MIC Hardtop will look great with this color. But ordering a Wildtrak, I'm waiting for black mod top to match grille and Mirrors.
20201123_094919.jpg
20201123_094911.jpg

20201123_095038.jpg

Last edited:

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Renegade
that combo does look great....I've about concluded anything that looks good on a truck will probably show well on Bronco. The stangs just have too many sexy curves....damn near Everything looks good on a sports car

mC.242

Big Bend
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Pathfinder
Clubs

Stopped at Ford Dealership this morning.
I took this pic to see how black rims and Grille looked with IconicSilver. I do believe it's a winning combo. I think the MIC Hardtop will look great with this color. But ordering a Wildtrak, I'm waiting for black mod top to match grille and Mirrors.
20201123_094919.jpg
20201123_094911.jpg
Wow that settles the color debate. Iconic Silver with black wheels is it. That color will never look bad or go out of style.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

I also took a shot of Iconic Silver and Carbonized Gray next to my Sting Gray Rubicon. Carb Gray looks very nice but was showing alot of dust and dirt. I'm not big on keeping my car clean, Iconic Silver will definitely hide the dirt better.
20201123_094800.jpg
20201123_094810.jpg
20201123_094755.jpg