Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Me thinks order banks are closed until 22MY. How can you order?
Sponsored

Toaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 JLUR, ā€˜19 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love to see you excited and I know you said youā€™re not in a hurry but just to keep your expectations realistic you are looking at late ā€˜22 at best

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You might be surprised, MAS goes through a different order system and if MAS gave him the opportunity to order a 2021, it's because they have allocation available through Ford's Worldwide Direct Market Operations (WDMO).

I am assuming he ordered through MAS. My order was placed 5/4/2021 and my VIN was assigned 20 days later. My Bronco was built on 8/5/2021 with no prior reservation.

Keep an eye on the MAS tracker for your VIN number (should pop around Sept 18th).
Iā€™d still doubt it unless he ordered something they already had in the chute. I doubt ford builds anymore 2 doors besides the ones they have scheduled. Also Iā€™m not sure where you see he ordered through MAS other than a guess based on his name. If he gets it this year good for him. I think itā€™s best he sets his expectations right.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How did you order on 8/28? I tried on 8/23 and was told that Ford paused all ordering that day and would not let me. I have. 7/14 reservation.
I have called almost everyday sinceā€¦ā€¦they are quite annoyed with me and insist they will call me the minute ordering opens back up.
US retail orders go through WBDO, which is closed to new orders.

Me thinks order banks are closed until 22MY. How can you order?
I am willing to bet that this has to do with orders through WDMO orders not being restricted in the same way as WBDO orders. WDMO orders are fleet orders and I am quite sure that they are treated very differently.

Iā€™d still doubt it unless he ordered something they already had in the chute. I doubt ford builds anymore 2 doors besides the ones they have scheduled. Also Iā€™m not sure where you see he ordered through MAS other than a guess based on his name. If he gets it this year good for him. I think itā€™s best he sets his expectations right.
Actually, it was probably an open order without a VIN that was abandoned. I know of an abandoned order which had a VIN that was picked up by another service member. So that happened for sure. It's equally likely that there was an order that didn't have a VIN that was changed to an order that would be eligible for a VIN.

This doesn't mean that he will be given a VIN but that he has a better chance of getting a VIN than you might suspect, unless he tried to order a Hardtop. It's also possible that his order was the same as an existing order (or he was led to make an order) that already had an assigned VIN and he just doesn't know that he has a VIN yet.

The bottom line is that WBDO and WMDO orders are treated very differently. Otherwise how do you explain someone not having a reservation going from Order to Built in 93 days, and from VIN to built in 73 days, like myself.

Sponsored

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It

I am willing to bet that this has to do with orders through WDMO orders not being restricted in the same way as WBDO orders. WDMO orders are fleet orders and I am quite sure that they are treated very differently.

Actually, it was probably an open order without a VIN that was abandoned. I know of an abandoned order which had a VIN that was picked up by another service member. So that happened for sure. It's equally likely that there was an order that didn't have a VIN that was changed to an order that would be eligible for a VIN.

This doesn't mean that he will be given a VIN but that he has a better chance of getting a VIN than you might suspect, unless he tried to order a Hardtop. It's also possible that his order was the same as an existing order (or he was led to make an order) that already had an assigned VIN and he just doesn't know that he has a VIN yet.

The bottom line is that WBDO and WMDO orders are treated very differently. Otherwise how do you explain someone not having a reservation going from Order to Built in 93 days, and from VIN to built in 73 days, like myself.
It is a 2 door so automatically be a hard top. And with ford there is no explaining anything at this point.

Easy-v

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I put a retail order in with my dealer on Saturday. Received the "order confirmed" email, and the printed sheet as well with priority code 19 ( and for MY 21). Mine is for 4dr/BL/SAS/Lux/Soft top. No reservation,

Burnz442

Black Diamond
First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A,1969 442 W-30, 1986 CJ-7 2000 Firehwk
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So my order from Jan21 was sitting as a code 99 up until this week when I decided to not wait for the Mansquatch and go with the Auto and 2.7. I called my dealer and of course my "guy" who does the ordering is gone until October . Anyways I updated my order with my Sales guy and went from a BD-SAS to a BL-SAS Lux and kept my Anitmatter Blue knowing that it wasn't going to be offered in MY22. Well I just got a email confirming my order as a BD Non-SAS but still in Anitmatter blue. I'm assuming I can change that order but seeing that this is my first email confirming what I am to except next and without my "guy" I'm freaking out that my order will be wrong. Any help or direction appreciated

Easy-v

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

fromhttps://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/70846-ford-weekly-scheduling-notes/&page=3

seems to contradict what you say above

• 21MY Bronco Balance Out ā€“ Final 21MY Bronco orders will be due on Thursday, September 30. Please note: All Scheduled & UNSCHEDULED spec changes and cancellations will be shut off in WBDO on Friday, October 1. Therefore, please make sure all your unscheduled orders are specā€™d exactly as you would like them prior to October 1.

Andrew_EOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I put a retail order in with my dealer on Saturday. Received the "order confirmed" email, and the printed sheet as well with priority code 19 ( and for MY 21). Mine is for 4dr/BL/SAS/Lux/Soft top. No reservation,
I'm not going to lie, heads might roll if you receive a badlands with sas, without any reservation before one of the thousands who placed a reservation on day 1 or 2... or really any reservation, for the same order. I know it could and probably will happen somewhere... but you can't tell me it's not fucked up.

In this instance, he's ordered a 2dr. ALL ordered but unscheduled 2drs were told they would be MY22. So if HE gets a '21 2dr of ANY flavor, I quit.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
fromhttps://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/70846-ford-weekly-scheduling-notes/&page=3

seems to contradict what you say above
Fair enough, my source on whether orders in WBDO were closed or not was likely wrong. I was going on information that was being posted here, so I apologize for repeating incorrect information.
That doesn't change the fact that fleet and retail orders are often treated differently.

Easy-v

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fair enough, my source on whether orders in WBDO were closed or not was likely wrong. I was going on information that was being posted here, so I apologize for repeating incorrect information.
That doesn't change the fact that fleet and retail orders are often treated differently.

I think everybody (at least most anyway ) are learning more about Ford process and systems than they ever thought they would have to know. I'm just sharing what i've seen and heard - as a consumer and 3rd party. Relying on those who do work in the industry to vet and validate if this stuff is true or valid.

I found that source valuable - as you call out - as it does - that fleet orders for MY21 ended 9/3.

The internet is full of shit and gold nuggets - its a process to figure out sometimes what you are actually looking at.

Maybe - the outcome of all of this is perhaps better informed and educated industry folks as well as consumers. Who knows - maybe it could help some dealers on skilling their folks too
Sponsored