Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Your welcome, it took years of experience and knowledge to learn how to use Google search for images. Since the BN interns have not gained that experience yet I present you with the two images to fill in the blanks. (/s) ?

24572569_678138243074475_7488828664857117242_n-jpg.jpg

bronco_4dr_features_12-jpg.jpg
Brilliant!
Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You remove the tailgate accessory and then you have access to the cargo storage. From what I gather, the tailgate unit just slides in the cargo area to level out the lip caused by the seats.
Your assessment of the added height improving the alignment with the folded seats looks spot on.

But if you are going to stand on the extended tailgate as advertised, then that box has to be secured to the floor, thereby blocking access to the under floor storage. I suspect you would have to remove the D rings and lift the tray. If that is the case, then the only time you will being going into storage is if you have a flat tire.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's perfectly reasonable to me...so then the question is whether to have the slider or build some sort of storage boxes in that space with similar removal?

But if you are going to stand on the extended tailgate as advertised, then that box has to be secured to the floor, thereby blocking access to the under floor storage. I suspect you would have to remove the D rings and lift the tray. If that is the case, then the only time you will being going into storage is if you have a flat tire.

bwomp91

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Curious to see what's under the pull strap in the storage area. I would assume things for spare tire, etc....but wondering if there's any additional storage (even if just a bit) that we'll lose easy access to. I want the tailgate and will be willing to lose it, but would like to see what I'm giving up.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
what's under the pull strap in the storage area.
Jack and lug wrench...and the donut spare. The spare on the back of the tailgate is for decoration only.

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's perfectly reasonable to me...so then the question is whether to have the slider or build some sort of storage boxes in that space with similar removal?
A lot of companies are building slide out storage for SUVs, that probably provides a great deal of utility.

bwomp91

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jack and lug wrench...and the donut spare. The spare on the back of the tailgate is for decoration only.
Haha well that's why I ask....awful large panel for the jack and wrench. But oh man the Bronco comes with donuts!? Yum ;)

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Haha well that's why I ask....awful large panel for the jack and wrench. But oh man the Bronco comes with donuts!? Yum ;)
We have seen one pic of the cubbies....decent size, actually...for stuff you won't need often.

bwomp91

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We have seen one pic of the cubbies....decent size, actually...for stuff you won't need often.
Any idea where it is hiding? I've done some forum searches re: tailgate and trunk area but haven't found the peak underneath. Thanks!

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Any idea where it is hiding? I've done some forum searches re: tailgate and trunk area but haven't found the peak underneath. Thanks!
Couldn't tell you! It was just a couple weeks ago that we learned they were under the floor where the tray will be...and wondered just how we'd access them. Now we know the tray is removable, it seems....

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No one knows.....it just tells me the cubbies are there!
Curious to see what's under the pull strap in the storage area. I would assume things for spare tire, etc....but wondering if there's any additional storage (even if just a bit) that we'll lose easy access to. I want the tailgate and will be willing to lose it, but would like to see what I'm giving up.
Couldn't tell you! It was just a couple weeks ago that we learned they were under the floor where the tray will be...and wondered just how we'd access them. Now we know the tray is removable, it seems....
Ford Bronco Image: Late Availability Tailgate Tray 1605295924929

This is the 2-door

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your correct, the tray tailgate can be added at anytime as an accessory from the parts department. It is a separate unit that drops into place and has four removable D-clips to secure the unit into place in the corners, see photo below. This was also shown in one of the videos months ago.

Bronco_4dr_features_12.jpg
Any word on why it isn’t available for the two door

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any word on why it isn’t available for the two door
The cargo area apparently isn’t deep enough to make the depth of the shelf worthwhile.

They are also stating you can stand on the shelf, so there may be a limitation with the shallow depth to how much weight it can support.
Sponsored