a.smith

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm not very impressed with the low beams on my new bronco. I've done some research and came across your SS3 and Elite fog lights. Would adding either of your fog options supplement the throw of the factory low beams? The factory fogs give some peripheral light but nothing beyond a few feet of course. I'm hoping a much brighter fog will light up the road further than stock. I have a basic plastic bumper with factory fogs so I think either the Elite or SS3 versions will fit.
Sponsored

Enginerd

Badlands
First Name
Jani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S5 Sportback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I found myself in the same situation, my 2018 Audi S5 headlights…are light years ahead of the Bronco pun intended.

I was looking at the various upgrades but for 1-2k (some trade in options offered once in a while) I ended up with Oracle yellow fogs and they do wonders.

Now having said that, while they say DOT approved, apparently that is for one bulb on each side and the way they are wired all three come on. So I’m not DOT compliant and working through that. But man do they make a difference at night. I have lots of other lights which are very much off road only, why I attempted to go with the fogs for light supplement for daily road use.

sportcoupe

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I love my low beads. 2023 WT with LUX if it makes a difference.

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Maybe get some glasses. The lights are fine on my Bronco

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Maybe get some glasses. The lights are fine on my Bronco
I know this was meant to be mostly a flippant comment but it does have some merit.

Older folks developing cataracts slowly lose their vision and one of the early signs is having trouble driving at night.

Sponsored

Jaden

Base
First Name
Hu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would recommend to purchase the fog lights from Quaxpire.

jrollo7

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know this was meant to be mostly a flippant comment but it does have some merit.

Older folks developing cataracts slowly lose their vision and one of the early signs is having trouble driving at night.
I’ve got several cars and the Bronco low beams are not good.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The low beams suck. Adjust them higher helps a lot. But adding @Diode Dynamics ss3's....oh wow!! Marvelous.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The Lux headlights are great.

I have some IAG foglights in the mail. They piggy back into the headlights, so no need for a switch, they are always on with the low beams.

Sponsored
OP
OP

a.smith

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I found myself in the same situation, my 2018 Audi S5 headlights…are light years ahead of the Bronco pun intended.

I was looking at the various upgrades but for 1-2k (some trade in options offered once in a while) I ended up with Oracle yellow fogs and they do wonders.

Now having said that, while they say DOT approved, apparently that is for one bulb on each side and the way they are wired all three come on. So I’m not DOT compliant and working through that. But man do they make a difference at night. I have lots of other lights which are very much off road only, why I attempted to go with the fogs for light supplement for daily road use.

The low beams suck. Adjust them higher helps a lot. But adding @Diode Dynamics ss3's....oh wow!! Marvelous.
So you're both getting better visibility down the road with the upgraded fog lights? That's good to hear. The factory fog lights only seem to give a bit of extra peripheral light as expected.

trickewon

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Agree low beams r lacking. Got a badlands w capable bumper. Thinking of diode dynamics elite or ss3. What DD did u use & with what options?

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
The stock headlights on my Bronco are brighter than any other vehicle I have ever owned. The idea that they don't light up the road enough seems crazy to me.

The do not have much side spill though. Turns on dirt/rural roads leave much to be desired for visibility on the road you are turning onto. I need more light sideways, not forward.

And of course, in many states, driving with Fog lights on in non-inclement weather is illegal.

OP
OP

a.smith

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The stock headlights on my Bronco are brighter than any other vehicle I have ever owned. The idea that they don't light up the road enough seems crazy to me.

The do not have much side spill though. Turns on dirt/rural roads leave much to be desired for visibility on the road you are turning onto. I need more light sideways, not forward.

And of course, in many states, driving with Fog lights on in non-inclement weather is illegal.
I'm coming from a bronco sport and Volkswagen GTI which both have significantly better headlights in both range and side spill.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So you're both getting better visibility down the road with the upgraded fog lights? That's good to hear. The factory fog lights only seem to give a bit of extra peripheral light as expected.
The @Diode Dynamics ss3"s are so bright, you do get some down road illumination...
Sponsored