Sponsored

Installed Badlands wheels & tires on Base Bronco... best tire pressure for every day driving ?]

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford says 39 psi for pretty much all Bronco tires as far as I know. That's definitely what the sticker on the door frame says for Sasquatch tires. You'll get slightly better fuel economy at that pressure.

Mine are anywhere between 35 and 40 depending on how it goes when I air back up after dropping to 20 psi when I go off road. I think I'm currently at 38 cold after my trip yesterday. It's probably more important to make sure that they all have the same pressure, though. I do that with this contraption, a 4-way tire inflator/deflator:
Qy2mYdK.jpg
My non-SAS OBX says 35# on the door placard. But most dealers dont know that and put all Bronco tires at 39#
Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just installed new Badlands wheels and tires on my '22 Base .What might be the best tire pressure for every day driving ?
If you mean the 33" Badlands tires (I have 285/70R17 Nitto Nomad Grapplers on Badlands non-SAS 17x8 wheels) I suggest 35#. Thats what I run on the street because thats what the Non-SAS door placard says, as yours probably does. The Sasquatch vehicles placard call for 39#, and both dealer shops I use think all Broncos are 39#. If you dont like the feel or the wear of 35# you can adjust.

Ideally, you should get the door placard info from a non-SAS Badlands, from which your tires come, and use that # as your starting point.

Last edited:

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can you take a photo of that, to satisfy my curiosity?
Sure. This is a 2021 non-SAS 4dr Outer Banks, with 255/70R18 tires. Of course, with the 33" tires the OP is usung (and me) he could be anywhere between 35# and 39#. What we really need is the placard off a Non-SAS Badlands! But 35# works very nicely with my C rated Nitto 33's.

20230930_100205.jpg

20230930_100214.jpg

Last edited:

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for posting the sticker. Now we need someone to make a spreadsheet of all the different tire sizes and what Ford recommends for pressure on them. ;)

[I'm not serious, in case it is not obvious.]

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks for posting the sticker. Now we need someone to make a spreadsheet of all the different tire sizes and what Ford recommends for pressure on them. ;)

[I'm not serious, in case it is not obvious.]
yeah that would be great… I just read thru this whole thread looking for the confirmed, actual Ford recommended pressure for non sas badlands 33s to no avail
Sponsored