Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Bestop_Team Will this work with the Spiderweb Shade if left installed on the Bronco?
Sponsored

Bestop_Team

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Bestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
@Bestop_Team Will this work with the Spiderweb Shade if left installed on the Bronco?
@EN2DIRT I honestly couldn't say, we did not test our Skyrider with the Spiderweb Shade to know how the fit together is, I apologize.
~Crystal@Bestop

OP
OP
Jo8n

Jo8n

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So driving highway speed with the roof open, does the folded roof or cargo-area windows flap in the wind or making any weird annoying noises? is there a method to have the folded roof fixed and not move too much?
I have not tried it on the highway. I do go about 55mph (perhaps a little more) on a rural road near my house that has a 50mph speed limit and haven't felt uncomfortable or noticed any flapping.

For me, living where I do, getting on the highway is generally a commitment to drive somewhere very far away as it's a ways just to the highway. @Ksjrb03 , @Tanya_OBX , @HBirdman , you guys used yours open on the highway?

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have not tried it on the highway. I do go about 55mph (perhaps a little more) on a rural road near my house that has a 50mph speed limit and haven't felt uncomfortable or noticed any flapping.

For me, living where I do, getting on the highway is generally a commitment to drive somewhere very far away as it's a ways just to the highway. @Ksjrb03 , @Tanya_OBX , @HBirdman , you guys used yours open on the highway?
Yes all the time. No issues at all. It doesn’t move. It’s not any different than any soft top out there.

SillyPosition

Badlands
First Name
Silly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes all the time. No issues at all. It doesn’t move. It’s not any different than any soft top out there.
You just lay it down there and drive? No need to fix it using some velcro or anything?
Theoretically the wind goes right at it so I thought that will happen…

Sponsored

Tanya_OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Tanya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I agree. No issues and I paid particular attention today. My speed varies up to 70’ish at times. Seems like the factory soft top did have something that secured the arms together though. I think I remember that from a mannequin test drive.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I agree. No issues and I paid particular attention today. My speed varies up to 70’ish at times. Seems like the factory soft top did have something that secured the arms together though. I think I remember that from a mannequin test drive.
They give you some little Velcro straps, but we've never used them. They could be handy offroad, if you're on a steep descent, to keep the top from flopping closed! On the freeway, not necessary...

Tanya_OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Tanya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They give you some little Velcro straps, but we've never used them. They could be handy offroad, if you're on a steep descent, to keep the top from flopping closed! On the freeway, not necessary...
I will have to look. I don’t think those were in my box…. Thanks for the heads up. Although I haven’t needed so far.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I will have to look. I don’t think those were in my box…. Thanks for the heads up. Although I haven’t needed so far.
I thought you meant with the factory soft top. I don't know if BestTop includes anything...

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Bestop doesn’t include Velcro straps and they aren’t necessary. The Skyrider main “arm” has hydraulic type tension piston. It won’t move unless you move it.

SillyPosition

Badlands
First Name
Silly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At which situations you'd say that its louder than hard tops (recently made mic 2.0)?

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How did the sky rider work with your half rack? I was think of running the same setup
Good question! Its been so cold and wet here in SC, I havent found a whole day to do the install outside! I hope right after Easter! When i was in the OBX a couple weeks ago, it was too cold to even take the hard top off! Soon. I'm sure hoping I can lay the Skyrider right back onto the TrailRax half rak!

20230309_141235.jpg

TheNexrum

Wildtrak
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 22 Expedition Max, 19 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Good question! Its been so cold and wet here in SC, I havent found a whole day to do the install outside! I hope right after Easter! When i was in the OBX a couple weeks ago, it was too cold to even take the hard top off! Soon. I'm sure hoping I can lay the Skyrider right back onto the TrailRax half rak!

Ford Bronco Installed our Bestop Skyrider for Hardtop 20230309_141235
Understandable northern GA has been either cold or wet. Please let me know when you finally do try it out so I know whether to buy the half rack or not.
Sponsored