Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@RagnarKon being that you live in the North East, will you be taking the skyrider off for the winter ?

If so, will you be making a removal video?
I hadn't decided yet to be honest. I'll be keeping it on throughout fall for sure, but after that... dunno.

Part of me wants to keep in on throughout the winter just see how it holds up in the winter months. Then I could do a follow-up video in the spring. The other part of me knows I will never use it in the winter so I might as well switch back to the hard top panels and do a video on that.

Open to ideas though.
Sponsored

BigBlue7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I hadn't decided yet to be honest. I'll be keeping it on throughout fall for sure, but after that... dunno.

Part of me wants to keep in on throughout the winter just see how it holds up in the winter months. Then I could do a follow-up video in the spring. The other part of me knows I will never use it in the winter so I might as well switch back to the hard top panels and do a video on that.

Open to ideas though.
Iā€™ll itching to get a skyrider next spring so Iā€™ll be watching your YouTube channel closely!

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@lakesinai did you ever put your SkyRider on while keeping your rack on? Apologies if I missed any posts.
Yes, Today! Finally! It works, but the control arm/link ends up hitting the top front corners of the rack, and prevent it from folding all the way down. It does work, though.

I'll be installing some rubber trim I got from @TrailRax to mitigate any chafing on the top. I also want to make sure with @Bestop_Team that I installed that wierd bent link correctly . . . There were no labels on them! I also want to know if running the folded-back top at this slightly higher angle is a problem.

I'm off to riding on the Amelia Island beach this week, it will be my first use, and also Interstate travel and a Jaguars game. I'm contemplating cutting/grinding the front corners of the rack . . . Or living with it. But my beach trips depend on the rack, which will have a solar panel soon . . . More pictures soon.

What's your install status, @Jo8n ?

Screenshot_20231009_202617_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231009_202330_Gallery.jpg

20231009_184324.jpg

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am buying the Bestop but would like that back rack with someone. Anyone try it lmk as Bestop says no.
It sort-of works with the trail-rax half rack. The multi-bent links hit the front corners of the rack, making it not fold fully back. I just posted a few pictures on this thread, and during my upcoming beach trip, will be looking for a solution.

OP
OP
Jo8n

Jo8n

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, Today! Finally! It works, but the control arm/link ends up hitting the top front corners of the rack, and prevent it from folding all the way down. It does work, though.

I'll be installing some rubber trim I got from @TrailRax to mitigate any chafing on the top. I also want to make sure with @Bestop_Team that I installed that wierd bent link correctly . . . There were no labels on them! I also want to know if running the folded-back top at this slightly higher angle is a problem.

Ford Bronco Installed our Bestop Skyrider for Hardtop 20231009_184324
Referencing pictures of my own top, I believe your arm is installed correctly in that, starting at the body, it slopes upward with a greater degree (with respect to horizontal) and then moves to a slightly gentler slope, then moves inward toward the Bronco's center. That is also how mine is oriented.

I still haven't gotten a rack. Wished I'd had it a couple times but mostly concerned about the situation with the SkyRider.

A fellow Bronco owner here in Tucson has a rack that spans the length of his vehicle but is situated to the outside such that they can open their soft top entirely. Been wondering how this would work with the SkyRider. I need to recall what rack that was.

Sponsored

Bestop_Team

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Bestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

I'm off to riding on the Amelia Island beach this week, it will be my first use, and also Interstate travel and a Jaguars game. I'm contemplating cutting/grinding the front corners of the rack . . . Or living with it. But my beach trips depend on the rack, which will have a solar panel soon . . . More pictures soon.

What's your install status, @Jo8n ?

My apologies for just now being able to sign back into the forum, so sorry about that!
The Skyrider looks installed correctly and I must say, that's a pretty cool rack you have!
It sounds like you got everything working with the exception of the top not being able to lay as flat as normal because of the rack.
Let me know if there is anything else you may need and I will try to not take so long to sign back in!
~Crystal@Bestop

BigBlue7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@Bestop_Team Any update on a Grey Twill top that better matches the MIC?????

My credit card is dying to be used!

BigBlue7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Open to ideas though.
Sticking with it for the winter? I plan to order mine by the beginning of spring

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sticking with it for the winter? I plan to order mine by the beginning of spring
They just had a Black Friday Promo. Was one in the Spring too so be on the lookout if you want to save $100. I just missed that one ordering in March.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco ended up at the dealership for two and a half weeks due to a stabilizer bar disconnect issue, so my master plan to take if off during the Thanksgiving holiday failed.

I will say it rained all-day yesterday, froze solid overnight, and the Bestop held up really well. So I'm fairly confident I can keep it on the Bronco all-winter without issue as long as I don't let snow pile up too much. But I would still like to switch to the hard top. Just need a good-weather weekend where I'm not doing holiday stuff to get it done.

---

Also... noticing @lakesinai's post above... bummer. I'll admit my plan for the Bestop was to combine it with the Trailrax half-rack for summer camping... actually have the half-rack sitting in a box next to me.

I knew it wasn't going to sit perfectly flat but that is a little more "windsail-like" than I was hoping. So... a change of plans may be required for me. šŸ¤”

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bronco ended up at the dealership for two and a half weeks due to a stabilizer bar disconnect issue, so my master plan to take if off during the Thanksgiving holiday failed.

I will say it rained all-day yesterday, froze solid overnight, and the Bestop held up really well. So I'm fairly confident I can keep it on the Bronco all-winter without issue as long as I don't let snow pile up too much. But I would still like to switch to the hard top. Just need a good-weather weekend where I'm not doing holiday stuff to get it done.

---

Also... noticing @lakesinai's post above... bummer. I'll admit my plan for the Bestop was to combine it with the Trailrax half-rack for summer camping... actually have the half-rack sitting in a box next to me.

I knew it wasn't going to sit perfectly flat but that is a little more "windsail-like" than I was hoping. So... a change of plans may be required for me. šŸ¤”
The extra height isn't functionally a problem, but it is a bit high. When it warms up, I plan to make a couple of notches in the front corners of the rack, and see how much that lays it down, for the greater good, and all that!

OP
OP
Jo8n

Jo8n

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The extra height isn't functionally a problem, but it is a bit high. When it warms up, I plan to make a couple of notches in the front corners of the rack, and see how much that lays it down, for the greater good, and all that!
Looking around from time to time, I haven't seen any better options.

TheNexrum

Wildtrak
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 22 Expedition Max, 19 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Iā€™ve decided to give this one with a Yakima platform a try.

IMG_3834.jpeg

bravely

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
3490 s leonard rd, new palestine in 46163
Vehicle(s)
1973 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m wondering how feasible it would be to poke some holes in the JTops Sunshade along the roll bars to install the mounting hardwareā€¦That would be my ideal setup.
Just what I'm wondering about. I'd hate to give up my JTop but I really like this.