INSTALLED: Rough Country Molle rear panel 2 Door

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Defender, 2022 Outerbanks SAS, 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
These could fit in several categories, interior, exterior, overlanding, etc so I will just drop it here. Installed this not to be used to add gear really, but as a wind break for our 6yo in the back. Felt like an ass when going to baseball or the gym early in the morning before it warmed up with wife and I having heat vents, heated seats, windows rolled up and him in the back with a hood, jacket, and blanket over his legs. So I wanted something that would hopefully give him a bit of break from the early morning wind, and a sun break later on when it got hot.

Overall pretty happy with it. In their pictures they show a hard top on it, I don't know what kind of magic they used to pull that off but would be a huge pain because the bolts for the top are between the molle and the actual top. Will be very hard to tighten them down, but I may try when winter comes and not taking the top on/off.

The front hole did not line up and had to use a plastic washer I had laying around to get the alignmen to work. Other than that, the install was pretty easy. Just take a bit more time to take it off when putting the top on. I haven't seen anything on it yet, hopefully this helps others who may be interested.

https://www.roughcountry.com/bronco-modular-mounting-system-51128.html

Ford Bronco INSTALLED: Rough Country Molle rear panel 2 Door 20230829_160539
Ford Bronco INSTALLED: Rough Country Molle rear panel 2 Door 20230829_160545
Ford Bronco INSTALLED: Rough Country Molle rear panel 2 Door 20230829_160606
Ford Bronco INSTALLED: Rough Country Molle rear panel 2 Door 20230829_161357
Ford Bronco INSTALLED: Rough Country Molle rear panel 2 Door 20230829_161751
Ford Bronco INSTALLED: Rough Country Molle rear panel 2 Door 20230829_161808
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Very similar mounting as the GlueFactory MOLLE panel. Obvious difference is the added clearance on the bottom to accommodate the sill of the MIC top and to allow for the variance. Aluminum vs. Steel. Rough Country is cheaper and includes free shipping whereas GF offers free shipping on orders over $200.

Ford Bronco INSTALLED: Rough Country Molle rear panel 2 Door 1693396764871

OP
OP
fallguy

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Defender, 2022 Outerbanks SAS, 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Very similar mounting as the GlueFactory MOLLE panel. Obvious difference is the added clearance on the bottom to accommodate the sill of the MIC top and to allow for the variance. Aluminum vs. Steel. Rough Country is cheaper and includes free shipping whereas GF offers free shipping on orders over $200.

Ford Bronco INSTALLED: Rough Country Molle rear panel 2 Door 1693396764871
I have never saw that before, yeah very similar. Except like you mentioned, room to get bolts on/off while leaving it installed. Probably a bit more wind because that gap though. May have gotten it if I saw it first.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have never saw that before, yeah very similar. Except like you mentioned, room to get bolts on/off while leaving it installed. Probably a bit more wind because that gap though. May have gotten it if I saw it first.
There is a thread titled DIY MOLLE Panel in this same sub-forum. The guy came up with the design just for himself, but received feedback that he should produce it in volume as others would be interested. His initial design on page 1 is different than the final version that is shown in the photo linked above. The pricing needs to be tweaked to remain competitive, but that is up to him.
Sponsored

Last edited: