First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a OBX soft top and I love that I can fold back the soft top. Going out a lot this summer and want to put it back but would like a mesh bimini top. Can this be installed without taking off the soft top? I am seeing some on amazon with bungies that Im wondering if can used? Thanks
Sponsored

Adumb

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Area 51 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a OBX soft top and I love that I can fold back the soft top. Going out a lot this summer and want to put it back but would like a mesh bimini top. Can this be installed without taking off the soft top? I am seeing some on amazon with bungies that Im wondering if can used? Thanks
I have the Gearshade mesh top, with my Badlands soft top and I do exactly what you described with no issue.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are four solutions total:

Bestop Bimini Canvas
Bestop Bimini Mesh
Gearshade Mesh
Jtopsusa Mesh

All of these allow the soft top to lock back into place, most of them will require you to undo some snaps and fold back the material that connects near the top of the windshield. I have the Bimini mesh and put my top up and down daily. If I was buying TODAY though, I'd probably buy the jtops solution. The finish of it looks superior and the way it connects at the front leaves no gap and seems easier to fold back then the Bimini Mesh.

Edit:

I'll also say, I've considered swapping the Bimini Mesh for a Jtops product, but since they have specific products for those with hard tops vs those with soft tops and I do intend to switch to a hard top long term, I'm sticking with the Bimini since it works with both. I might also go for a bestop softie, so I'm sure they'll maintain some compatibility there.

Last edited:

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had a Bestop Bimini shade and hated it. Ordered the JTops shade for the soft top and like it far more.

The downside as mentioned above is that it’s specific for the soft vs hard tops. So if you’re someone who plans to switch between the 2 then you would need 2.

Conversely, as the Bestop trektop utilizes the hard top mounts I believe, you might be able to get away with the JTops hardtop shade and still leave it on when using the Bestop trektop (or if that’s your only top). Don’t hold me to that though, Mike at JTops would be better qualified to answer that

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Get the JTop version, by far the best option and no you don’t have to remove the soft completely.

Sponsored

JTopsUSA

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a Bestop Bimini shade and hated it. Ordered the JTops shade for the soft top and like it far more.

The downside as mentioned above is that it’s specific for the soft vs hard tops. So if you’re someone who plans to switch between the 2 then you would need 2.

Conversely, as the Bestop trektop utilizes the hard top mounts I believe, you might be able to get away with the JTops hardtop shade and still leave it on when using the Bestop trektop (or if that’s your only top). Don’t hold me to that though, Mike at JTops would be better qualified to answer that
Send me questions I’m happy to help. I tested positive for Covid so this week has been kind of rough but I’m here to help! Maybe just a bit delayed…
Mike
[email protected]

LSU_Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Get the JTop version, by far the best option and no you don’t have to remove the soft completely.
Does it work with the 2 door hardtop though?