SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve removed the glove box compartment, looking for the interior fuse box to wire up my dashcam/radar detector, and for the life of me can’t figure out where the fuse box is… is it behind one of the trim panels, and if so, does anyone have a decent picture of where to look? Everything I can see says “remove glovebox” and nothing else

not sure if it’s different based on trim, but:
- 4dr
- Badlands
- Lux
- Marine grade vinyl
Sponsored

OP
OP
SPITmadFIRE

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's directly below the glove box behind a trim piece.
below the glove box as in, under the passenger footwell? Or directly behind the glove box? I saw what looked like a plastic cover for changing out the cabin air filter, is that the trim piece? Or is it more towards the door/speaker?

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's directly below the glove box behind a trim piece that protects it from being kicked by the passenger.
No it is not. It is under the steering wheel. That cover just folds down and it's above the OBDII port

Vico

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The interior fuse box is located above and to the front of the DRIVER side kick panel. You have to pull down the plastic trim under the steering wheel to access.

Sponsored

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's directly below the glove box behind a trim piece that protects it from being kicked by the passenger.
This is false. The manual states that's where it is, but it is on the driver side behind the headlamp control switch.

Ford Bronco Interior fuse box location 20211229_201005

Just pull back slightly on the edge of that panel and it should swing down as in the image.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The owners manual is incorrect @Ford Motor Company any chance you can update this as it's pathetic that the owners manual is stating false information.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No it is not. It is under the steering wheel. That cover just folds down and it's above the OBDII port
Wow... that's where my gut told me it was based on where it is on the Ranger and where I thought I had seen it on my neighbor's Bronco... but I went to verify online and in the manual and both of those sources said it was beyond the trim piece on the passenger side, so I just assumed I was wrong.

Sorry @SPITmadFIRE, did mean to send you on a wild goose chase, I just assumed I was wrong.

OP
OP
SPITmadFIRE

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow... that's where my gut told me it was based on where it is on the Ranger and where I thought I had seen it on my neighbor's Bronco... but I went to verify online and in the manual and both of those sources said it was beyond the trim piece on the passenger side, so I just assumed I was wrong.

Sorry @SPITmadFIRE, did mean to send you on a wild goose chase, I just assumed I was wrong.
No worries! I’d never seen it on the drivers side in any car I’ve worked on so totally fair to recommend the manual’s location 😅

OP
OP
SPITmadFIRE

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is false. The manual states that's where it is, but it is on the driver side behind the headlamp control switch.

Just pull back slightly on the edge of that panel and it should swing down as in the image.
That’s hilarious — never seen it tucked away there, let alone with wrong instructions in the manual. Really makes you worry about service appointments in the future 👀

thanks!

Sponsored

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I went looking for that dang thing for a while when I installed my camera since the manual states it's on passenger side. Even under the steering wheel there is nothing to indicate that a fuse box is behind it like some vehicles have so you just have to pop off the whole panel to reveal it. Makes me wonder what else is incorrect in the owners manual though. Never in my life have I had an owners manual be incorrect.

OP
OP
SPITmadFIRE

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Alright, dashcam is all wired up — used an add-a-fuse on slot 2, which is used by the power windows. Grounded the add-a-fuse circuit to the silver 8mm bolt and washer near the supports that the trim panel clips into. The darker, 7mm bolt above it did not make a decent connection to ground.

Weirdly enough, I tried using fuse slot 3 which is wired to the wireless charger and side mirrors circuit — but those aren’t switched?! They’re not even when the car is completely off. Didn’t realize that, now I’m worried I could kill my battery leaving my phone on the charger 😂

BigBlue7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Where the heck is fuse #12 for the climate control?? My box has 11 and 13 but no 12

Mikeinmidland

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Which fuse is it?
Sponsored