First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is one aspect of the new Bronco I'm waiting to see. Of course the Bronco has a center console and a glove box, both of those will probably lock. I haven't heard yet whether there's a rear underfloor locking storage area, similar to the Wrangler? I've seen the slide out tray, but as others have said for me it would be better as a shallow locking drawer. I'm sure there'll be a variety of canvas type storage accessories, but I'm hoping for some additional locking type hard storage accessories. For example for the JK theres a hard "drawer" type box that swings up against the roof, at the very rear of the JK hardtop. There are also a couple various locking boxes to go in the rear side areas of the Wrangler. I've also wanted some sort of semi rigid stacking storage system, that could be secured in the rear of the vehicle.
I'm aware of the many overlanding type drawer systems, I'm hoping for something more flexible and changeable for different needs. If I buy a Bronco, I'd like some small locking storage for a small amount of things that are always in the vehicle, like first aid and fire extinguishing equipment, and then additional locking storage I can mount in and fill up when I'm traveling. Anyway that's what I'm looking for and haven't seen much talk about yet.
Sponsored

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In one of the first walkaround videos (Orange 2 door at the marina) the lady doing the video lifted the the floor to show a compartment behind the rear seats. Not sure if it was a locking feature and may have only been a compartment used to store the jack.