Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So... with an Apple brand magsafe case the phone will stick well enough to that magnet without falling off? And it charges! I didn't think they were that strong. I have a mat that does the wireless charging on a nightstand. If that magnet is really strong enough I am going for it
I used the belkin and the scosche mounts and it holds an iPhone 13 with the apple case.
Sponsored

alexryer

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond 4-Dr Soft Manual
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not sure if anyone has shared this or a similar idea before, but after finding that the built in wireless charger does not work with my iPhone 12 mini for more than a few minutes, and wanting to still be able to see my GPS directions list when using Waze on Apple Carplay I came up with this solution.

It charges, keeps the phone out my way while also keeping it visible.

Parts needed:
- Magsafe charger
- popsocket
- popsocket 3M mount

I popped the trim out to run the wire and keep the slack away from my knee.
There is enough space between my hand on the wheel and the phone to keep from knocking it while steering.

unnamed (16).jpg
unnamed (18).jpg
unnamed (17).jpg

Gratuitous Photo
unnamed (19).jpg
o
I like your pop socket mount. I went with Ram Mounts attached to the Sinister CNC 1/4-20 rail.

My main issue with using Mag-Safe charger is that it requires wireless CarPlay. Once in a while, my phone won't connect, and I find that the Bluetooth connection on the Bronco is turned off. From what I gather, wireless CarPlay requires a connection to wifi and Bluetooth, and for the most part it works flawlessly. Once in a while, like if I start my car to warm it up and leave it running, when I come back with my phone it won't connect. In the Bronco menu, Bluetooth got turned off.

Secondary issue (annoying) is the warning message that "USB Device Not Supported" for the Mag-Safe charger. Have to click OK to make the warning go away.

Lastly, once in a while the audio system will play something from my phone instead of what I had listened to last, which is usually Sirius XM. It'll start playing some random iTunes song or iHeart Radio or whatever.

By the way, I had to google how to get out of CarPlay and back to Bronco infotainment. Turns out there is no easy way. I settled on changing the tuner knob so that the station shows up in a narrow band at the top, which you can touch. This brings you back out of CarPlay.

Anyway, I like the Mag-Safe dash mount. Just be aware that there are compromises...

Ford Bronco iPhone Mounting/Charging Solution IMG_0681

Just_Jay_Kng

First Edition
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm not sure if anyone has shared this or a similar idea before, but after finding that the built in wireless charger does not work with my iPhone 12 mini for more than a few minutes, and wanting to still be able to see my GPS directions list when using Waze on Apple Carplay I came up with this solution.

It charges, keeps the phone out my way while also keeping it visible.

Parts needed:
- Magsafe charger
- popsocket
- popsocket 3M mount

I popped the trim out to run the wire and keep the slack away from my knee.
There is enough space between my hand on the wheel and the phone to keep from knocking it while steering.

Gratuitous Photo
o
This is what i did

deon918

Outer Banks
First Name
Deon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So i had the pop socket setup for 4 mos and my phone would drop every once in a while , i ended up just using gorilla double sided tape on the magsafe charger straight to the dashbord and its way more steady and hasnt fell once .
Ford Bronco iPhone Mounting/Charging Solution FC5A3CC7-C5DD-4273-B46B-BE61A2264342

Ford Bronco iPhone Mounting/Charging Solution 013CBB2E-98D4-40CA-A1E4-6103EBA81CE9
Ford Bronco iPhone Mounting/Charging Solution E46BDB7C-AF31-41F6-A50F-4B465EBD0160
Sponsored