Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I originally purchased one similar to yours, but found the MagSafe magnet too weak to hold up to the crappy roads in NJ. (Please ignore the fact that the Amazon image shows the MagSafe charger installed backwards)
61c-RQ6B-hL._AC_SX466_.jpg

So, I recently purchased the MagicMount™ MSC 4-in-1 which has an additional magnet that, so far, holds the phone more securely.
mshodvmpd20_fcs_2.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
beardedben

beardedben

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I originally purchased one similar to yours, but found the MagSafe magnet too weak to hold up to the crappy roads in NJ. (Please ignore the fact that the Amazon image shows the MagSafe charger installed backwards)
Ford Bronco iPhone Mounting/Charging Solution mshodvmpd20_fcs_2

So, I recently purchased the MagicMount™ MSC 4-in-1 which has an additional magnet that, so far, holds the phone more securely.
Ford Bronco iPhone Mounting/Charging Solution mshodvmpd20_fcs_2
Is the black ring around the edge raised above the MagSafe charger? Maybe it can’t get a good deal if that’s the case.
I’ve taken mine through some rough terrain and it’s never fallen. Could be because I have the mini and it’s lighter than the larger phones 🤷🏻‍♂️

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is the black ring around the edge raised above the MagSafe charger? Maybe it can’t get a good deal if that’s the case.
I’ve taken mine through some rough terrain and it’s never fallen. Could be because I have the mini and it’s lighter than the larger phones 🤷🏻‍♂️
Nope, it allows the charger face to protrude just a bit and does a good job the vast majority of the time. Apple's cases have the additional magnet that mates with the extra one in the MagicMount model, which seems to make an appreciable difference.

Keep in mind that I'm currently driving a Nissan Armada that doesn't soak up the potholes in Newark as well as the Bronco will.

Edit: I have an iPhone 13 Pro Max, so it is significantly heavier than yours.

OP
OP
beardedben

beardedben

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope, it allows the charger face to protrude just a bit and does a good job the vast majority of the time. Apple's cases have the additional magnet that mates with the extra one in the MagicMount model, which seems to make an appreciable difference.

Keep in mind that I'm currently driving a Nissan Armada that doesn't soak up the potholes in Newark as well as the Bronco will.

Ahh, ya I suspect the weight of your phone is main issue then.

Sponsored

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also if you’re running a case that doesn’t have a mag-safe repeater in it, it’ll be too weak to stick well. My sister had a sparkle case on her max - wouldn’t stay stuck. Took the case off - and it stuck well. Got a Kate Spade magsafe that looked like her previous case and it sticks just as well as the bare phone. She’s running a 12 Max.

Danny's Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shoes! Waiting for that 2 door to ship!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So... with an Apple brand magsafe case the phone will stick well enough to that magnet without falling off? And it charges! I didn't think they were that strong. I have a mat that does the wireless charging on a nightstand. If that magnet is really strong enough I am going for it

OP
OP
beardedben

beardedben

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So... with an Apple brand magsafe case the phone will stick well enough to that magnet without falling off? And it charges! I didn't think they were that strong. I have a mat that does the wireless charging on a nightstand. If that magnet is really strong enough I am going for it
So, for me, yes it does stick. But I have an iPhone mini so it’s lighter than the regular iPhones. Some others have said that the heavier iPhones won’t stay on. It works fantastic for the mini tho!

Danny's Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shoes! Waiting for that 2 door to ship!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's great. I think mine is an 12. Just the regular one. I will give it a try.

Sponsored

Ftchmup

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 20 F-250 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I use this in my F250.
Ford Bronco iPhone Mounting/Charging Solution 378B5C69-AB04-4D1A-84DA-8DC9D2E83606
Ford Bronco iPhone Mounting/Charging Solution F9C4330A-3C63-4B6A-92A7-4B4247E09DB4

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The 12 and 12 mini have aluminum bands compared to the steel of the pro and pro max. So yeah they’re significantly different in weight.

I actually really like CarPlay and never really been a fan of mounts in general. Current car doesn’t have CarPlay so really looking forward to that feature of Bronco.

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not sure if anyone has shared this or a similar idea before, but after finding that the built in wireless charger does not work with my iPhone 12 mini for more than a few minutes, and wanting to still be able to see my GPS directions list when using Waze on Apple Carplay I came up with this solution.

It charges, keeps the phone out my way while also keeping it visible.

Parts needed:
- Magsafe charger
- popsocket
- popsocket 3M mount

I popped the trim out to run the wire and keep the slack away from my knee.
There is enough space between my hand on the wheel and the phone to keep from knocking it while steering.

Ford Bronco iPhone Mounting/Charging Solution F9C4330A-3C63-4B6A-92A7-4B4247E09DB4

Gratuitous Photo
o
I did the exact same thing for my Magsafe Charger, except I didn't use the pop socket. I bought some 3M tape. For those that are concerned with it falling off don't be. Its held up extremely well.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not knocking the mount but there is a threaded accessory mounting point on the dash above the radio. I do realize that the windshield is tiny and some wouldn’t want to put anything up there. I just found it myself this week.

OP
OP
beardedben

beardedben

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ya, that's handy but most of the mounts I've seen are fairly pricey and this option works best for me. To each their own!
Sponsored