Sponsored

Is $5k too much for a professional audio overhaul?

Tacnav#1

Badlands
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge AWD, F-150, Dodge Challenger R/T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2 questions remain:

1) is moving to a Mabett or MTI rear pod and 6.5” worth doing?

2) as I’ll be using a DSP setup no matter what is it just always the best tuning plan to kill the center dash channel?
The Mabett pods are definitely worth it. I'm running the 3 front 4" speakers off of 1 Euphoria 4 ch amp, the kick panel and rear 6.5" pods off another Euphoria 4 ch amp. The sub is a shallow depth in stock enclosure running off the 800.1 Kicker mono amp.

They hid 1 Euphoria amp under each front seat and the 800.1 in the B & O amp location.
Sponsored

brtd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' BL, '15 LR4, '22 Beta 390-RS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They are developing an enclosure (I believe for a 10") that will go where the factory B&O sub is located. I am similarly looking to keep the tailgate clean, but I'm not sure it would leave room for any amps or processors in that space.

I don’t know if JL makes something that size but this Kicker seems like a great fit.

OP
OP
NJNMDoc

NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They are developing an enclosure (I believe for a 10") that will go where the factory B&O sub is located. I am similarly looking to keep the tailgate clean, but I'm not sure it would leave room for any amps or processors in that space.
Nice! Which company is working on that enclosure?

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have done a Ton of car audio in my cars over the years. Just keep in mind there is a TON of mark up and a lot of room to deal on stuff in Car Audio. When my Bronco gets here I'm going to go light with car Audio at about 3k but will have a great set up.

My GT500 I'm driving now I went a little over board but it sounds Amazing.

Ford Bronco Is $5k too much for a professional audio overhaul? image001
Ford Bronco Is $5k too much for a professional audio overhaul? IMG_4457
Ford Bronco Is $5k too much for a professional audio overhaul? IMG_4043

Sponsored

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Also I found a guy that makes Custom enclosure's and tail gate sub box's to your spec's.

So I ordered from him this weekend and the box will be here before my WIldtrak :LOL:

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just the ZEN-A2B / DSP6A-A2B alone is going to run you $780, and that's retail on the piece you'll need to keep Sync4 and all of your HVAC stuff working properly.
I spent about $3k, and went pretty mid-high range stuff.
I kept my previous amps, and subwoofer, new speakers all around.
(Hertz brand speakers in kick panels, dash, and rear pods)

If I also had to buy amps, and a new sub, yeah, $4k-$5k doesn't seem out of question for a high end system.
You can get great sound with far less and unless you a devout audiophile would never know the diff. I would ask for different options. 2-2500 installed and you should have great sound. I have ~ 1k ish and sound is phenomenal.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine was also with an LC7 or whatever it's called, not a DSP. That would move the needle only like another 500-800 if I recall my guy saying.
I have the Lc7 also and is great but if you use a Key which many have you get DSP which is sweet.

brtd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm on a list for this device from Mobridge: https://mobridge.us/product/mobridge-a2b-ford-amp/

Available late Feb/early March.

Amp for speakers and sub, with the A2B and DSP all in one box. It's not cheap at $1,579. Then again, the Zen A2B device alone is $780.

brtd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

glphoto

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have NO idea. Those are great questions though… I will follow up with the installer tomorrow about VC and Nav. Let you know.
I believe they will use a crossover

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can get great sound with far less and unless you a devout audiophile would never know the diff. I would ask for different options. 2-2500 installed and you should have great sound. I have ~ 1k ish and sound is phenomenal.
I'm guessing that's for a standard, mid, or high package. The LUX package unfortunately requires a DSP if you're going to use an amp for the speakers. The ZEN-A2B / DSP6A-A2B is $780 just for the ability to use an aftermarket amp with Sync4/LUX.

If you're just replacing the speakers and using the factory amp for the speakers, absolutely agreed though!
You can definitely do it for cheap, and get much better sound than factory with just some better speakers. It's a great upgrade.

OP
OP
NJNMDoc

NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks! That would be ideal.
What did you do with your Sub?

Did you upgrade the rear pods, and if so with what?

Did you do a DSP? Amps?

OP
OP
NJNMDoc

NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm guessing that's for a standard, mid, or high package. The LUX package unfortunately requires a DSP if you're going to use an amp for the speakers. The ZEN-A2B / DSP6A-A2B is $780 just for the ability to use an aftermarket amp with Sync4/LUX.

If you're just replacing the speakers and using the factory amp for the speakers, absolutely agreed though!
You can definitely do it for cheap, and get much better sound than factory with just some better speakers. It's a great upgrade.
Right- this is why I asked because I’m running into the same issue. It’s easier and cheaper to upgrade everything under the Lux. But as soon as you get to the B&O you start having to deal w DSP. Then you’re at amps. Then you’re at or over $3k.
Then you’re asking yourself what’s an extra $500-1000 to get it setup without many or any compromises….

In the other trims it seems you can upgrade much quicker and cheaper with a more basic approach.

By all means someone correct me if I am misunderstanding.

monkeyboy1317

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 EB Bronco, '13 Tacoma, '10 Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do what makes you happy. Get more than one quote on exact same system if you want to justify pricing on equipment. Impossible to do so with labor because everybody's skill set is different. If you have no experience, and even more importantly, no enthusiasm or no patience, take it to a professional. I was a pro installer in the 80s and early 90s, and 5K for a system was nothing back then. We regularly installed 10K and up. I personally had an 89 Bronco with about 8K (dealer cost, no labor) worth of ALPINE, it was top of the line back in the day. You are paying for labor and experience, the latter being nearly priceless. You can pay them now to do it, or pay them later to fix it. Just my 2 cents...
Sponsored