Sponsored

Is 7.5 Amps too much load for the stock fog lights circuit?

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I couldn’t help myself and bought the Rough country winch mount for mod bumper. I said to myself crap might as well get the light too lol!
So while I was on the phone I asked and they claim the 20” black series pulls 7.5 amps. Is this too much for my stock fog light circuit? I do not have aux switches and already have the fog light switch and forscan stuff done plus the correct plug in for the stock harness. Any thoughts?
Sponsored

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What’s the switch rated at?
The switch is the least of my worries I believe I read there is no fuse for the fogs and don’t want to fry anything. 5 more ‘ if wire and relay it is!! It’s probably the safer way I just don’t have a reference for what the stock fogs pull for Amos and if I can make things cleaner I would.

TenSeven

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Manual page #317 says in the CONTROL MODULE FUSE BOX there is a 20A "Not Used (spare)" circut.

Pop an add-a-circut in there for power?

UPDATE:

I just checked mine, that circut is indeed hot. The problem (for me, at least) is that it is not a switched source, it is always on.

Last edited:

Sponsored

CWO4

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I couldn’t help myself and bought the Rough country winch mount for mod bumper. I said to myself crap might as well get the light too lol!
So while I was on the phone I asked and they claim the 20” black series pulls 7.5 amps. Is this too much for my stock fog light circuit? I do not have aux switches and already have the fog light switch and forscan stuff done plus the correct plug in for the stock harness. Any thoughts?
Had the same question a while back, the concensus wad 10 Amps. The wires that lead to your fog lights will be marked with AWG and that will tell you what they are rated for. A relay for 7.5 amps is way over kill

Synyster06Gates

Badlands
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Ranger came with H11 halogen bulbs - they were rated at 55w each for a total of 110w or 9.1a draw. I can’t imagine they went for a smaller gauge wire on the pre run for the Broncos. My guess is they’re good for 10a
Sponsored