Sponsored

IS BL non SAS to a WTSAS Hoss 2.0 worth the .43 lift? Ride?

Mike T

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I picked up a set of WT SAS strut/spring assembly and tires from a 21 WT SAS that was pulled right away to upgrade to larger tires and lift. I have read many threads and if I stay with non SAS I will run the possibility of rubbing of inner fender with keeping the stock non SAS vs SAS. Wife loves the ride of the Bronco compared to the Jeep so not wanting to sacrifice the ride quality. BL non SAS has more travel than the SAS so is the only thing I am losing is the articulation but what am I gaining by putting on the SAS WT assembly other than .43 lift. I would think a 1/2 spacer can make that up with out the extra work. of complete removal of assembly(might be wrong). Both from a 4d, BL 2.3 WT 2.7 both auto so ride should be similar and with WT being a desert runner I am assuming a softer spring rate which would probably negate the weight of the 2.7 vs 2.3 difference. Want to tackle this weekend and deciding which way to go. Also if changing assemblies I am assuming to tell alignment shop to align for a SAS BL? Thanks for the input
Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The larger diameter Sasquatch OEM wheels/tires (i.e., Sasquatch wheels are 17” dia. x 8.5” wide with a 30mm offset) will give you a little more ground clearance, a different offset to better clear the fenders and wheel wells, more tire width and the ability to run beadlock rings, which will allow you to air down much further, giving you a larger contact patch for better traction and less slippage when off-roading.

The larger tire width and different offset will create more tire poke, so your existing non-Sasquatch fender flares may be a little too narrow for your tastes after the upgrade, although some people ditch the fender flares altogether and don’t worry about the rocks the Goodyear tires are notorious for slinging.

You will need to remove your crash bars to provide clearance for the bigger tires in the wheel wells, like all of the Sasquatch models come from the factory. That’s not a difficult task to remove.

I love my Sasquatch setup, and I am running beadlock rings on the OEM wheels.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I picked up a set of WT SAS strut/spring assembly and tires from a 21 WT SAS that was pulled right away to upgrade to larger tires and lift. I have read many threads and if I stay with non SAS I will run the possibility of rubbing of inner fender with keeping the stock non SAS vs SAS. Wife loves the ride of the Bronco compared to the Jeep so not wanting to sacrifice the ride quality. BL non SAS has more travel than the SAS so is the only thing I am losing is the articulation but what am I gaining by putting on the SAS WT assembly other than .43 lift. I would think a 1/2 spacer can make that up with out the extra work. of complete removal of assembly(might be wrong). Both from a 4d, BL 2.3 WT 2.7 both auto so ride should be similar and with WT being a desert runner I am assuming a softer spring rate which would probably negate the weight of the 2.7 vs 2.3 difference. Want to tackle this weekend and deciding which way to go. Also if changing assemblies I am assuming to tell alignment shop to align for a SAS BL? Thanks for the input
If the WT Sasquatch assembly you purchased are the Bilstien and not the Fox from Hoss 3.0 WT, then there's really no difference other than the slightly higher ride height they offer. The Fox will offer a slightly different ride, (I think a bit smoother) from what I've read.

There are members on here that have added 35's to non-Sasquatch Badlands and all they've really done is remove the crash-bars and added the lower spacer from a 1" lift/level kit to the front. You basically end up with a vehicle that's really close to factory Sasquatch height.

There shouldn't be too much of an issue with rubbing if you use wheels with factory offset. If you actually plan to go to 35 inch tires and not the 33's that come on non-Sasquatch Badlands, a wheel with +18 offset shouldn't rub (again, from what I've read from members who've done trails with similar set up) and the poke isn't too bad with non-Sasquatch flares.

I'm sure others will chime in if there's stuff I missed, but this should give a general idea of what you're wondering about.

Eroc88

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have SAS rims and tires on my non SAS BL and they dont rub at full lock. The crash bars do have to be taken off otherwise they will rub. I will add that anything over a 35, you will need a lift to clear the Upper control arm.

OP
OP
Mike T

Mike T

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for the replies. That is what I needed to know. Looks like I will sell the SAS strut assemblies.
Sponsored