Sponsored

Adding SAS Shocks to Non SAS: Worth it for ride quality?

R8RWD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've spend hours reading threads. My main question is: will adding a set of SAS take off bilsteins improve the on road ride quality for a BB or Base? Is it worth the swap for that reason alone? I have 35" stock SAS wheels/tires on a stock BB. Would love to add a little more on road comfort.

The 1" lift would also be a bonus on the SAS bilstein take offs so no need for an aftermarket kit.

Seems like the take offs would be a no brainer to add a little more ride comfort (softter spring) and gain the 1"?

Here's a YT video. He stated there's not much difference in ride quality on pavement, so it gave me pause to bother.

Sponsored

James Cole

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Perhaps going straight to the HOSS 3.0 Fox shocks?

Can anyone compare oem hitachi vs bilstein vs fox?

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Having driven my friend's Base and owning a Base Sasquatch, I think the ride on-road is better in mine. However, the biggest difference comes from dropping my tires from 39 to 35 psi, so not sure how much difference the suspension makes other than over speed bumps and potholes. If you want to go fast over speed bumps it's definitely worth it.

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well I have not driven a Base but just took SAS suspension off mine and thought the ride quality was amazing. I replaced with heavier suspension, but if my goal was mostly stock weighted Bronco, the SAS would be totally adequate.

My SAS suspension is for sale but local only as they are heavy and shipping expensive.

PM if interested

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've spend hours reading threads. My main question is: will adding a set of SAS take off bilsteins improve the on road ride quality for a BB or Base? Is it worth the swap for that reason alone? I have 35" stock SAS wheels/tires on a stock BB. Would love to add a little more on road comfort.

The 1" lift would also be a bonus on the SAS bilstein take offs so no need for an aftermarket kit.

Seems like the take offs would be a no brainer to add a little more ride comfort (softter spring) and gain the 1"?

Here's a YT video. He stated there's not much difference in ride quality on pavement, so it gave me pause to bother.

Unless getting some sweetheart deal, it's likely a waste of time and money. Then again majority of what people are buying here is ridiculous for their actual usage. :)

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

yes any upgrades worth it
Sponsored