Rferrara

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tesla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi, i looking at some aftermarket coil resets, however ride height may be an issue, for those who have the Hoss 3.0 and experience the normal Sasquatch package, I'm curious to hear the impressions of on Road Drive quality and comfort? Some report it to be more plush.?

It would be great to get feedback from those who have lived with that for a little bitIt would be great to get feedback from those who have lived with that for a little bit

thx!
Sponsored

22luxobx

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F-150 SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you can find some take offs I’d say go for the fox 3.0s they are more plush and comfy compared to the Bilstein SAS I had. And of course they look cooler 😎

Dorf2point0

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer, 2005 Explorer, 2013 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Go FOX 3.0.. It’s a FORD performance part (s) and you should probably have them put on by a Dealer shop.. check the threads for more HOSS 3.0 information..

TX-Dennis

Wildtrak
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah, the Wildtrak rides a little smoother than the Base Squatch did. I haven't driven it much, but I have ridden in it while the wife drives. Still recovering from the sternum fracture.

srick76

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, 69 Bronco, Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, as others have said. My buddy had a 21 wildtrack with the bilsteins and now has a 23 w the Fox. He said the fox ride better but it doesn't seem to sit level like it did w the bilsteins.

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've driven my 2dr BL Sas (Bilstein 2.0) and my neighbor's 2dr WT (Fox 2.5) and the Foxes are definitely softer over regular roadway. I don't think the BL Sas Bilsteins are all that bad, but the Foxes with the extra dampening make rougher roads less noticeable (and we have crap roads around here).

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
By all accounts the Fox HOSS 3.0 setup has a better ride. How much better over the Bilstein is subjective IMO. My concern would be replacement cost when they wear out...Fox stuff ain't cheap. They most likely can be rebuilt for less but then the truck is immobile for the time it takes to get them rebuilt.

Last edited:

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

By all accounts the Fox 3.0 setup has a better ride. How much better over the Bilstein is subjective IMO. My concern would be replacement cost when they wear out...Fox stuff ain't cheap. They most likely can be rebuilt for less but then the truck is immobile for the time it takes to get them rebuilt.
Just so there isn't confusion, I assume the Fox 3.0 refers to the HOSS 3.0 Fox 2.5" shock, NOT a Fox 3" shock body... Which are of course even softer if harder on the wallet. 👀 😁

It caught me cuz somebody else above made the same reference and I was like, wah...? Does FP sell a 3" Fox shock?

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just so there isn't confusion, I assume the Fox 3.0 refers to the HOSS 3.0 Fox 2.5" shock, NOT a Fox 3" shock body... Which are of course even softer if harder on the wallet. 👀 😁

It caught me cuz somebody else above made the same reference and I was like, wah...? Does FP sell a 3" Fox shock?
My bad...yes, Fox HOSS 3.0 (2.5" shock), not a Fox 3". Corrected

Sponsored

The BEAST!

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2 door Bronco Big Bend Advanced/Sasquatch 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've driven my 2dr BL Sas (Bilstein 2.0) and my neighbor's 2dr WT (Fox 2.5) and the Foxes are definitely softer over regular roadway. I don't think the BL Sas Bilsteins are all that bad, but the Foxes with the extra dampening make rougher roads less noticeable (and we have crap roads around here).
Technically, the Fox's feel smoother due to them having internal bypass ports which are actually reducing the amount of damping in the ride zone. The main piston valving kicks in once a specific threshold of shock travel has been crossed.

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes, as others have said. My buddy had a 21 wildtrack with the bilsteins and now has a 23 w the Fox. He said the fox ride better but it doesn't seem to sit level like it did w the bilsteins.
Came here to say this, I had a '21 Wildtrak and now a '23 Wildtrak. Hoss 3.0 rides much noticeably smoother but also it's not level like the '21 was and sits lower (about 1.5" lower in the front and 1" lower in the back depending on added weight).

Reactions: LCW

Rumbloki

Badlands
First Name
Alton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2, 1973 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everyone speaks to how plush the 3.0 is, but what about confidence in cornering?
My 2.0 leans and is unsettling when I hit a bump in a turn going 80mph.

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't think I would take a turn going 80 mph on either platform, but in my driving I've noticed that the 3.0 takes turns better.

OP
OP

Rferrara

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tesla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Came here to say this, I had a '21 Wildtrak and now a '23 Wildtrak. Hoss 3.0 rides much noticeably smoother but also it's not level like the '21 was and sits lower (about 1.5" lower in the front and 1" lower in the back depending on added weight).
thx for the feedback, so as the 23 sits now is the nose up?
Sponsored