Sponsored

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was at the dealership yesterday and they had all 3. My current WT, vs the BL I ordered, and a Braptor inside... Thought I'd share the visual comparison. It may just be my eyes, but seems like the WT are larger in diameter than even the Braptor...

Also, the WT Fox's dwarf the Bilsteins... After a test drive back-to-back, the Fox's were quite a big difference.

'23 WildTrak Hoss 3.0:
Ford Bronco Tie Rods visual comparison: 2023 WildTrak Hoss 3.0 vs Badlands SAS vs Bronco Raptor IMG_5835

'23 Badlands SAS:
Ford Bronco Tie Rods visual comparison: 2023 WildTrak Hoss 3.0 vs Badlands SAS vs Bronco Raptor IMG_5836

'23 Braptor:
Ford Bronco Tie Rods visual comparison: 2023 WildTrak Hoss 3.0 vs Badlands SAS vs Bronco Raptor IMG_5837
Sponsored

Bronco_Buckeroo

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

May be because of the crook in the BL & WT rods vs the straight line of the Braptor tie rods. The bend may require more material to hold integrity while pushing/pulling with a bend in it.

So glad I got HOSS 3.0! Love the ride on the Foxes! Mine’s MY23 WT, so it came standard.

Now, if Ford could just stop building with bad CV boots, that’d be great…

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/blown-cv-boot-from-the-factory.70093/

OP
OP
Chritaka

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here's a pic of the WT next to the BL. The WT w/Hoss 3.0 seems to sit slightly higher in the front. I didn't have a tape measure, else I would have got measurements...

Ford Bronco Tie Rods visual comparison: 2023 WildTrak Hoss 3.0 vs Badlands SAS vs Bronco Raptor IMG_5829v2

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's a pic of the WT next to the BL. The WT w/Hoss 3.0 seems to sit slightly higher in the front. I didn't have a tape measure, else I would have got measurements...

Ford Bronco Tie Rods visual comparison: 2023 WildTrak Hoss 3.0 vs Badlands SAS vs Bronco Raptor IMG_5829v2
Might be the fender flares that make it seem like they have a difference in height.

OP
OP
Chritaka

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Might be the fender flares that make it seem like they have a difference in height.
They do open up the wheel wells, but compare the bumper line and top grill line. Salesperson also thought it looked .5-1" higher.

Sponsored

H0pelessOpus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands; 2022 Maverick Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What type of fender flares are those?

OP
OP
Chritaka

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What type of fender flares are those?
KBD 4dr flares Lots of people have had issues with the tape not sticking well. I cleaned everything perfectly and followed the install procedure 100%, even added extra 3M in a few areas, but they’re still coming up a bit in a few spots. Recommend removing tape, cleaning with Ajax and redoing with 3M. The Ajax was their recommendation.

There’s a couple threads on them if you search.(y)

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Badlands has more steel plates. Also could be a diff in how full gas is. In my experience I’ve felt HOSS 3.0 has been shorter by .4” than HOSS 2.0. But now that I have a 2” lift with 37s over SAS they all seem small lol

OP
OP
Chritaka

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Badlands has more steel plates. Also could be a diff in how full gas is. In my experience I’ve felt HOSS 3.0 has been shorter by .4” than HOSS 2.0. But now that I have a 2” lift with 37s over SAS they all seem small lol
Yeah, good points. I was at ~1/4 tank too. Now to figure out which one to keep!😵

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It may just be my eyes, but seems like the WT are larger in diameter than even the Braptor...
Probably the same diameter, but given that they're longer that would make them appear proportionally thinner.

Sponsored

BCRaptor

Raptor
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shadow Black Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Inner tierod…
Have a quick question: is the inner tie rod. My truck was struck by a car in the front end. And snapped the inner tie rod. It’s a bronco raptor. What are my options, if any, as ford is back ordered on the stock part, and I need it drivable.

TxMike

Wildtrak
First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@BCRaptor -try rpg. They have a complete tie rod kit but pricey at about $900. They will get u back on the road though.

4runner

Outer Banks
First Name
4runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Toyota 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have tied the rod to a Sasquach, it was amazing and it worked way better than the HOSS 3.0, its called SOSS, Sasquach Operating Sequential Suspension, nothing like it !

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The breaking point looks same between all three, just a little more inward on Braptor

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was at the dealership yesterday and they had all 3. My current WT, vs the BL I ordered, and a Braptor inside... Thought I'd share the visual comparison. It may just be my eyes, but seems like the WT are larger in diameter than even the Braptor...

Also, the WT Fox's dwarf the Bilsteins... After a test drive back-to-back, the Fox's were quite a big difference.

'23 WildTrak Hoss 3.0:

'23 Badlands SAS:

'23 Braptor:
Yup, those tie rods are a whopping .1 of an inch larger…
Sponsored