Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you're going to tear into it anyway, Can you look in the rack for debris too, to see if that had anything to do with the sensor complaints?
I have not torn it down completely yet, still wait to see if down the road I can get some replacement part to make it operational again.

OP
OP
Snacktime

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have not torn it down completely yet, still wait to see if down the road I can get some replacement part to make it operational again.
We have the replacement parts, ford just glued them in the housing.

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We have the replacement parts, ford just glued them in the housing.
Right, the 3.0 racks right now are hard to get, will keep it for parts for now.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So the Hoss bushing has that slot..is that for diameter adjustability or a drain?

Wonder if BB bushing had a slot that faced downward, if it would allow "drainage" and address the longevity.

Also, depending how you feel about 74welds claims, although the HOSS 3 rack is beefier, it is still not flexible due to its composite and so still susceptible to force fractures.

It will be interesting to see if/when HOSS 3 breaks.

Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

be very careful in disassembled the motor from rack....damage can occur because the glue don't release....I don't recommend removing it.

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So the Hoss bushing has that slot..is that for diameter adjustability or a drain?

Wonder if BB bushing had a slot that faced downward, if it would allow "drainage" and address the longevity.

Also, depending how you feel about 74welds claims, although the HOSS 3 rack is beefier, it is still not flexible due to its composite and so still susceptible to force fractures.

It will be interesting to see if/when HOSS 3 breaks.
My thought on the Hoss bushing is that the slot is for assembly just to get it into its location then the housing is slide down the shaft. I tried to remove the bushing by compressing the slot together no go tight fit.

This just my thinking but I do not think it a drain with the boots sealed with grease water is not some thing that should be getting inside, not to say it might.

I agree we will see how the Hoss 3.0 holds up over time.

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The rack is belt driven. Wut.

Good info, thanks for sharing. I installed the BB bushing for cheap insurance. Not beating up my rig, so I dont anticipate serious wear, but ya never know. We'll see how Moab treats her a coupke months.

Potluck99

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 CJ5, 1977 J10, 2022 Lowrider ST
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

however, I wouldn't run his tie rod braces as I don't want to transfer that much force into the steering rack
it's crazy to me to see how many people think those braces are a solution. I have the BB bushing, still on stock tie-rods and 35's but on a lift with proper geometry... and I definitely wheel my bronco. Biggest solution is don't wheel like a caveman... which seems to be very hard for some.

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@Ford Performance shipped him a damaged rack, wish Ford Performance would stand up and fix the issue. Pins are to bent and damn near impossible to straighten out.

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}
On the middle connector we tried to move the pins that were bent over not even connecting inside the plug, at least four of the pins were bent this is after try. No go.

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 vs HOSS 1.0 vs BroncBuster - driver side steering bushing comparison & discussion thumbnail (1)

Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So my experience is that the motor will remove with the three bolts and not do any damage. However if you try and separate the square portion of the electric motor you will pull apart the internals

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 vs HOSS 1.0 vs BroncBuster - driver side steering bushing comparison & discussion 20230322_193703

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 vs HOSS 1.0 vs BroncBuster - driver side steering bushing comparison & discussion 20230322_193657

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 vs HOSS 1.0 vs BroncBuster - driver side steering bushing comparison & discussion 20230322_193653

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The pins that are glue welded through the inside circuit board need to be pryed out from the BOTTOM, YOU ONLY GET 1/8" OF PLAY TO SLIDE IN A PRY in B4 YOU DESTROY IT.

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The pins that are glue welded through the inside circuit board need to be pryed out from the BOTTOM, YOU ONLY GET 1/8" OF PLAY TO SLIDE IN A PRY in B4 YOU DESTROY IT.

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 vs HOSS 1.0 vs BroncBuster - driver side steering bushing comparison & discussion 20230322_194324

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 vs HOSS 1.0 vs BroncBuster - driver side steering bushing comparison & discussion 20230322_194324
Very cool info thanks that is where we were at a few days ago and stopped.
Sponsored