Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The part numbers for the Hoss-3 steering kit are listed many times on many threads already, but I don't advise ordering one until someone has this successfully.programed...for example even Loren Healy, The KOH champ, has issues with his new upgraded rack getting the dealership.program done. Let's wait a few days and make sure we get the bugs worked out before we break the internet with new Steering box orders.🤪
Did your dealer have any luck working on this yesterday? What did they conclude with the programming? Is it possible to use the old module?
Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Did your dealer have any luck working on this yesterday? What did they conclude with the programming? Is it possible to use the old module?
They are still working on it and there was talk of changing or ordering a new module. I'll know more soon.

edernest

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am sure they will be available to order soon. Keep in mind that stronger or reinforced tie rods will put more force on the steering rack. Newton's third law.....
Right, that was my next question, is it too strong for the rack. And how does it compare to the sleeves and reinforcement brackets we've seen from aftermarket (which also potentially transfer forces to the steering rack)

CheekyOldMan

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Right, that was my next question, is it too strong for the rack. And how does it compare to the sleeves and reinforcement brackets we've seen from aftermarket (which also potentially transfer forces to the steering rack)
There was talk of someone stripping their rack after a break not long ago, so I’m kind of thinking the rack is going to break either way.

SCBronco1

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Lariat Fx4, 2012 BMW X3, 2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

i guess experience's will vary? This a pic of my daily that i am comparing it to. Tires on the Raptor are set at 36 psi, and on the Bronco they show 37psi.

296981696_579856620266881_8729463181179692117_n.jpg
I love what you got in your garage!

Sponsored

SCBronco1

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm a Jeep guy new to the Bronco side. Can you get the HOSS 3.0 on a 2-door Badlands with the 2.3 liter/7-speed manual?
Nope, HOSS 3.0 is only offered in the Wildtrak Edition.

Reactions: bek

SCBronco1

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Marc,

For MY2023, Is the HOSS 3.0 still available on just the Wildtrak or other models as well?

Is the Ride Height the same as the Bilstein HOSS 2.0?

Thanks
I don't believe that Ford has said if it will be available on any other trim levels. As a WT owner, I selfishly hope not as it makes the WT special in some way. However I am NOT on the Ford Board of Directors so who knows.

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't believe that Ford has said if it will be available on any other trim levels. As a WT owner, I selfishly hope not as it makes the WT special in some way. However I am NOT on the Ford Board of Directors so who knows.
It would make sense to just have it available on the Wildtrak with it being the "desert runner". The stabilizer bar disconnect is what makes the Badlands special and Hoss 3.0 would be for the wildtrak.
They should probably upgrade the tie rods across all trims, though.

SCBronco1

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It would make sense to just have it available on the Wildtrak with it being the "desert runner". The stabilizer bar disconnect is what makes the Badlands special and Hoss 3.0 would be for the wildtrak.
They should probably upgrade the tie rods across all trims, though.
I agree with you about the tie rods. No brainer!

CheekyOldMan

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree with you about the tie rods. No brainer!
It is, to the contrary, quite a brainer. The tie rods give at a certain point so as to avoid damaging connected components (namely the steering rack); you’d much rather have a broken tie rod than a stripped steering rack. If the rods don’t break, the extra torque will end up doing just that. Unfortunately, it looks like breaking a tie rod has also led to stripping at least one owner’s rack as well… although it could be an outlier, I wouldn’t tempt fate by putting on stronger tie rods. What the Badlands needs is the stronger Wildtrak rack and tie rods.

Sponsored

ET13

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It is, to the contrary, quite a brainer. The tie rods give at a certain point so as to avoid damaging connected components (namely the steering rack); you’d much rather have a broken tie rod than a stripped steering rack. If the rods don’t break, the extra torque will end up doing just that. Unfortunately, it looks like breaking a tie rod has also led to stripping at least one owner’s rack as well… although it could be an outlier, I wouldn’t tempt fate by putting on stronger tie rods. What the Badlands needs is the stronger Wildtrak rack and tie rods.
What the badlands needs is to stay in its own lane!

CheekyOldMan

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What the badlands needs is to stay in its own lane!
Out of all the tie rods I’ve seen broken online, all of them were doing off-road activities within the boundaries of what the Badlands was designed for. Zero of them were desert racing. What the Badlands needs is a visit from Ford’s new quality control czar.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Out of all the tie rods I’ve seen broken online, all of them were doing off-road activities within the boundaries of what the Badlands was designed for. Zero of them were desert racing. What the Badlands needs is a visit from Ford’s new quality control czar.
Except for BB...his shit was on purpose.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer is trying to give me some trouble about changing my order to a WT with Hoss 3.0. Is it really that constrained? And also isn’t it going to be standard for 2023 anyway?