First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a 4-door 2.3L Big bend non-sas that I’m looking to upgrade the suspension (would like to fit 35s and want a little extra height).

I found some fox coilovers with UCAs and a few other pieces. I would like to know if these would work with my truck.

Like I stated, I have the base suspension, w/o towing, no modular front bumper. Will the weight/spring rates be an issue? Should I be worried about the steering? Is there a different route anyone would recommend I take?

This is mainly my daily driver, but I would like to do some light trail riding once every month or two. I also attached the suspension kit I’m looking at.

IMG_8646.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
BrettH28

BrettH28

Big Bend
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Edit: these 2.5 fox coilovers came from a 4-door WT

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pull the front crash bars and you should be good to go. Your existing UCAs, rear trailing arms and trac rod would not need to be replaced. While your in there I'd look at replacing the steering rack bushings and upgrade tie rods.

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There is a thread on here, someone did this and posted before and after. You should be fine just adding the HOSS 3.0 coil overs. The UCA and Trailing arms are the same across the board. You should have enough adjust ability in the front for an alignment.

Only thing to be mindful of what model they came off of regarding springs. 2 door to 2 door or 4 door to 4 door. You may get a little extra lift if the truck they came off of had towing Ect. ( 4 door to 4 door)

You dont have the HOSS 3.0 steering rack, but your Base rack should be fine within the parameters of the lift by the 3.0 coil springs.

Added Note: May want to add a rear track back bracket that raises it to get the rear centered again, depending upon how much lift you get and if it does move it to one side from center.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The springs shouldn't be an issue with your 2.3, if anything it may site more level instead of raked.

If you are only doing some trail riding every month or so I wouldn't be concerned with the steering rack or tie-rods. I get it that we have seen some failures and breakage but the stock rack and tie rods aren't the boogeyman they are made out to be. However, for $50, throw a spare inner tie rod in with your recovery gear as cheap insurance for you or a trail mate.

OP
OP
BrettH28

BrettH28

Big Bend
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The springs shouldn't be an issue with your 2.3, if anything it may site more level instead of raked.

If you are only doing some trail riding every month or so I wouldn't be concerned with the steering rack or tie-rods. I get it that we have seen some failures and breakage but the stock rack and tie rods aren't the boogeyman they are made out to be. However, for $50, throw a spare inner tie rod in with your recovery gear as cheap insurance for you or a trail mate.
Yes, I figured I would just carry an extra tie rod or two. Just wanted to see if the geometry was still possible or not. Seems like this is the preferred way over the Sasquatch billsteins for stock broncos trying to upgrade.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a 4-door 2.3L Big bend non-sas that I’m looking to upgrade the suspension (would like to fit 35s and want a little extra height).

I found some fox coilovers with UCAs and a few other pieces. I would like to know if these would work with my truck.

Like I stated, I have the base suspension, w/o towing, no modular front bumper. Will the weight/spring rates be an issue? Should I be worried about the steering? Is there a different route anyone would recommend I take?

This is mainly my daily driver, but I would like to do some light trail riding once every month or two. I also attached the suspension kit I’m looking at.

Ford Bronco HOSS 3.0 take offs on base suspension? IMG_8646
Sounds like an interesting project, but for light trail driving once a month seems overkill. I'd go with some $50 spacers and 35" tires, in fact that's what I'm doing with my base Bronco.

OP
OP
BrettH28

BrettH28

Big Bend
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There is a thread on here, someone did this and posted before and after. You should be fine just adding the HOSS 3.0 coil overs. The UCA and Trailing arms are the same across the board. You should have enough adjust ability in the front for an alignment.

Only thing to be mindful of what model they came off of regarding springs. 2 door to 2 door or 4 door to 4 door. You may get a little extra lift if the truck they came off of had towing Ect. ( 4 door to 4 door)

You dont have the HOSS 3.0 steering rack, but your Base rack should be fine within the parameters of the lift by the 3.0 coil springs.

Added Note: May want to add a rear track back bracket that raises it to get the rear centered again, depending upon how much lift you get and if it does move it to one side from center.
Does this relocate the track bar? So this will just keep things from getting off centered? Is this different from the sway bar?

Apologies this is all very new to me obviously.

OP
OP
BrettH28

BrettH28

Big Bend
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sounds like an interesting project, but for light trail driving once a month seems overkill. I'd go with some $50 spacers and 35" tires, in fact that's what I'm doing with my base Bronco.
Yeah, I’ve considered that. But just don’t know if I want to sacrifice ride quality for the extra couple inches. Also in case I start progressively getting more into trail riding, I would prefer to not have to worry about this later on.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, I figured I would just carry an extra tie rod or two. Just wanted to see if the geometry was still possible or not. Seems like this is the preferred way over the Sasquatch billsteins for stock broncos trying to upgrade.
Preferred, only becasue the Fox shocks are better than the Bilstein's. Take that out of the equation and your end results are the same.

Does this relocate the track bar? So this will just keep things from getting off centered? Is this different from the sway bar?
By the looks of the pic you posted, the take-offs include the rear track bar so you shouldn't have an issue with centering.

Yeah, I’ve considered that. But just don’t know if I want to sacrifice ride quality for the extra couple inches. Also in case I start progressively getting more into trail riding, I would prefer to not have to worry about this later on.
The difference being, your build won't ride like Hitachis with a $50 spacer.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't think spacers will impact the ride much, you'll be using the same springs/shocks. Installing different springs/shocks could impact the ride, for better or worse, depending on your usage.

6G is like the epicenter of the universe for overbuilt vehicles. People here are buying Sas equipped vehicles mainly (only?) for street use! I advise not getting caught up in that arms race.

Do your monthly light trails and see how it goes, maybe down the road your driving will merit a major suspension upgrade.

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for all your input. Ive been following this as Im looking to do the same to my 2.3 non sas 2dr black diamond. Im hoping to get a little more lift up front to level a bit more.

OP
OP
BrettH28

BrettH28

Big Bend
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks for all your input. Ive been following this as Im looking to do the same to my 2.3 non sas 2dr black diamond. Im hoping to get a little more lift up front to level a bit more.
If you don’t mind me asking…. How much are you willing/looking to pay for the WT takeoffs? The set I’m looking at is 1500 w/ 12k miles. Feel like that’s a little on the higher side from what I’ve seen in the community.

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Big Bend, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I can hook you up with a Hoss 4.0 track bar with only 8K miles on it if you need it. Gently used.... 😄
Sponsored