First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can’t believe after months there is still no quality comparison between HOSS 2.0 and 3.0 both on road and offroad here on B6G or anywhere else online.
I am surprised too. Many of the B6G threads where people have HOSS 3.0 don't really elaborate on the ride quality or put it to the test.
Sponsored

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

well you are conveniently leaving out all of the additional steering components that come with the HOSS 3.0 because it doesn't fit your narrative. And we will just leave out all of the assumptions you made about the shocks and essentially calling them junk and comparing them to a radio from a jeep....
Conveniently leaving out to fit my narrative? Lol ok.. I’m mentioning per multiple threads and documented itemization of what it includes. Steering rack, tie rods and shocks, and the shocks aren’t mentioned as being Elites. OP pointed out the same, bodies/reservoirs/DSC/lift are different. Ford Perf is also supposed to be offering a similar HOSS 3.0 upgrade. There are also potential wiring/programming mods going either way. I didn’t call the shocks junk, but they’re not the same. They are obviously < the 2.5 Elites. Radio <> HU or speakers, it was an example of marketing hype where the delivered product is not of the same quality, intended for high level production delivery at a cheaper cost. It happens all the time and across tons of lines of businesses.

You can do the research yourself, doesn’t matter to me. Don’t put words in mouth, per your own assumptions. Obviously you got your knickers in a pinch, and are trying to justify your own narrative, trolling to cause trouble over nothing.

OP
OP

mtclimb3r

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I emailed Fox off road sales to ask about the main differences in the shocks and ideally get their assessment of the capabilities. We'll see if they respond but I might also email Camburg too since they have experience with Fox and Broncos.

OP
OP

mtclimb3r

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For what it's worth here is Fox's response:

"The shocks for the Bronco HOSS package are 2.5” diameter Internal Bypass Shocks like the units used on Gen 1 and 2 Ford Raptor and Toyota TRD Pro.

https://www.ridefox.com/subhome.php?m=offroad#technology

A performance level above the Performance Elite Series." (Emphasis is mine).

And here is what Accutune told me:

"Thank you for your email. We have not heard a lot of details on this suspension so I can only make assumptions at this time.

If the 3.0 System is an Internal Bypass like the Raptor, then it will have the same benefits and downsides as a Raptor.

This means that the shocks are position sensitive, so accessories that add weight, or the addition of passengers and gear will degrade the performance of the shocks. Tuning changes make little to no difference, and cost to service them goes up.

Standard 2.5 Performance Elite Series shocks are extremely tunable, have a lower cost to service, and are NOT position sensitive so they will act predictably (and can be externally adjusted) for weight added.

That is why we would probably stick with the aftermarket!"

This info just made the decision a bit harder. Seems like if you want to add lots of weight to the Wildtrack, the benefits of the Fox suspension is lessened a bit. Hard to say exactly though since Accutune is biased a bit more toward products they sell.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can’t believe after months there is still no quality comparison between HOSS 2.0 and 3.0 both on road and offroad here on B6G or anywhere else online.
that’s probably a sign any serious change in performance is either in people’s heads or only noticeable under extreme and sustained high speed driving. Disconnecting the sway bar makes bumpy service roads smooth like butter. I REALLY want that rack upgrade but can’t give up MGV seats. I ran leather on my off the lot bronco all summer without doors and a roof and damn having washout interior would be nice. Especially when getting caught in the occasional shower.

Sponsored

crxck

Raptor
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Raptor 37, New Range Rover, Audi Q7, TL
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Is there any difference in the lift or anything? Any way to tell from the outside?

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is there any difference in the lift or anything? Any way to tell from the outside?
Lift is the same. One way to tell from the outside is that the Wildtrak with HOSS 3.0 comes standard with the capable bumper.

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've had my Wildtrak with HOSS 3.0 since late September and have put just over 2k miles on it.
I cannot compare to the HOSS 2.0 as my Black Diamond had the standard suspension. I put 6k miles on that before I traded it in.

It's my daily driver and I have not had the opportunity to do any real off roading. I've just been on dirt roads, etc.

My opinion on ride quality. It's excellent. The best ride of any vehicle I've ever owned. It floats through pot holes, speed bumps, etc. I was concerned the suspension would have to much play and be bouncy for on road, but that is not the case at all. I also much prefer the cloth seats to MGV as the MGV has zero breathability and gets very hot when driving with the top down.
I really liked the Black Diamond, but I love the Wildtrak.

OP
OP

mtclimb3r

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s awesome. I have a wild track ordered and I can’t wait. Lots of washboard and rocky rutted roads here in Montana. How’s the nose dive under braking and turning corners faster?

ScumbagTakumi

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AE86 Corolla (S2K SWAP), 08 Acura MDX AKA THE GOAT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone have a feel for the Fox 2.5's on the Wildtrack in relation to other suspension setups? The only thing from Fox I can find are the Performance Elite 2.5's which have a remote reservoir instead of a piggyback. The HOSS 3.0 suspension also does not have adjustable DSC like the performance elite, but is that the main difference in terms of capability? I imagine they are also tuned to faster movement and lighter weight of the Wildtrack.

I am not a rock crawler (but a Badlands on order) and more of a 'rough road runner' and I am trying to figure out if losing price protection is worth it for the HOSS 3.0 package. I drive a lot of washboard and roads with baseball size rocks all over them.

Also interested in more reviews if people have them, have not seen that many on here so far.
The HOSS 3.0s are an internal bypass, so although the piston size is the same, you have position sensitivity. Basically, they are plusher in their normal ride zone and will ramp stiffness in both directions when you go through their normal ride zone. Although I have not tested them back to back on a Bronco, one would presume the 3.0s should have better small bump sensitivity and bottom-out support. I think cooling efficiency will be similar on both, so probably the biggest thing you get from the 2.5s is the Fox Dual Speed compression adjusters. They sound fancy, but you can basically tune your brake dive and body roll with the low-speed knob separate from your bump stiffness on the high-speed knob. I would have to see how good the HOSS 3.0s really are with my butt dyno, but I think for more normal driving you might be able to find a better balance in ride and handling. The 2.5s are not a big jump in travel, but they are set up around giving you some lift and are already really optimized for a 37" tire, so you wont have to space the bumps out anymore or worry about blowing up your fenders if you bottom out. Overall I do not really know if it would be worth it to go for the 3.0 shocks, as the aftermarket will definitely surpass them, and if you are not planning on crawling hard, I am sure the lesser rack would be fine. I am not sure that the Fox 2.5 is a fair comparison, but something like the 8112s orthe King 2.5 IBPs that are soon to be released may be the better call overall.

Sponsored

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That’s awesome. I have a wild track ordered and I can’t wait. Lots of washboard and rocky rutted roads here in Montana. How’s the nose dive under braking and turning corners faster?
There is definitely a little brake dive, but nothing crazy. It corners very well on dirt roads and pavement, has the same amount of body roll that my Black Diamond did. I hope you love yours as much as I do mine.

Lonescout

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’ve raced my 4 door Hoss 3.0 around the big dirt pit next to my house and have been very impressed with the suspension and ride at speed and overall steering and body control in turns. Better than anything I’ve ever driven. Way nicer than the non Sasquatch badlands I had too. Also the Baja and sports modes really make it rip! Very fun. Can’t wait to test it out running to Cottonwood Cove at lake mohave soon to see how it does on a longer high speed run.

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've had my Wildtrak with HOSS 3.0 since late September and have put just over 2k miles on it.
I cannot compare to the HOSS 2.0 as my Black Diamond had the standard suspension. I put 6k miles on that before I traded it in.

It's my daily driver and I have not had the opportunity to do any real off roading. I've just been on dirt roads, etc.

My opinion on ride quality. It's excellent. The best ride of any vehicle I've ever owned. It floats through pot holes, speed bumps, etc. I was concerned the suspension would have to much play and be bouncy for on road, but that is not the case at all. I also much prefer the cloth seats to MGV as the MGV has zero breathability and gets very hot when driving with the top down.
I really liked the Black Diamond, but I love the Wildtrak.
I am doing the same swap in a few days. Non-SAS Black Diamond for a Wildtrak off the lot.

I was extremely lucky to find my Black Diamond off a lot when my F-150 started to have issues. sometimes timing is everything….
Sponsored