First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So, I dropped off my Wildtrak at Eibach on Tuesday, and picked it up this morning.

In speaking with the Engineering / R&D Manager, they already knew that their Pro Lift Kit for the Sasquatch Bilstein PSD shocks was compatible with the Fox IBP HOSS 3.0 shocks, but they needed a Wildtrak in stock trim, without any additional weight added, to confirm that the springs work with the valving, and confirm that there is no compromise in ride quality since the Fox internal bypass shocks are position sensitive.

When I picked up the Wildtrak, it had 30 additional miles on it, so they were definitely out there testing (I might check my dash cam to see where they went).

I will take some measurements when my tires are cold, but according to Eibach, I have 1.9” of lift in the front, plus 1.3” in the rear, and the truck appears perfectly level (picture of my Wildtrak below taken by Eibach).

On-road, the ride home from Corona back to Los Angeles County was 1.5 hours, and the suspension was definitely stiffer, but I have to give the springs a week or two before offering a real opinion, so I will report back on that. Off-road, I intend to hit a light trail next Sunday, and report back on that as well.

Anyway, here you go:

https://eibach.com/eps-search?year=2023&make=Ford&model=Bronco&submodel=WILDTRACK+4-Door+2.7L+V6+EcoBoost+4WD+|+HOSS+3.0+|+Fox

Ford Bronco PRO LIFT for HOSS 3.0 / Fox Available IMG-0541
Sponsored

Last edited:

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Stiffer, like in a bad way? I love the way the suspension feels, but "definitely stiffer" doesn't sound very positive. I wonder if they want you to wait a week or two for you to get use to the stiffness of the springs vs the springs settling before you give them your review 🤷‍♂️

Well, I guess keep us posted if the ride does soften up a bit.

Thanks for sharing! 🍻

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ohhh very nice!

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sweet! So this is the same spring set they sell for Sasquatch, just installed on the fox dampers? Would make making the switch to Fox Hoss 3.0 much less expensive for me if I ever go that route! Did they mention any other mods needed, or just install the same way as any other bilstien?

87-Z28

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sweet! So this is the same spring set they sell for Sasquatch, just installed on the fox dampers? Would make making the switch to Fox Hoss 3.0 much less expensive for me if I ever go that route! Did they mention any other mods needed, or just install the same way as any other bilstien?
same questions here? Anymore details you can share would be appreciated. Any idea what the spring rates are?

seems like a reasonable alternative.

Sponsored

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They have the same model number as the Sasquatch/Badlands coils.

15% off through panda motorworks right now too.

Last edited:

JP05

Wildtrak
First Name
jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So, I dropped off my Wildtrak at Eibach on Tuesday, and picked it up this morning.

In speaking with the Engineering / R&D Manager, they already knew that their Pro Lift Kit for the Sasquatch Bilstein PSD shocks was compatible with the Fox IBP HOSS 3.0 shocks, but they needed a Wildtrak in stock trim, without any additional weight added, to confirm that the springs work with the valving, and confirm that there is no compromise in ride quality since the Fox internal bypass shocks are position sensitive.

When I picked up the Wildtrak, it had 30 additional miles on it, so they were definitely out there testing (I might check my dash cam to see where they went).

I will take some measurements when my tires are cold, but according to Eibach, I have 1.9” of lift in the front, plus 1.3” in the rear, and the truck appears perfectly level (picture of my Wildtrak below taken by Eibach).

On-road, the ride home from Corona back to Los Angeles County was 1.5 hours, and the suspension was definitely stiffer, but I have to give the springs a week or two before offering a real opinion, so I will report back on that. Off-road, I intend to hit a light trail next Sunday, and report back on that as well.

Anyway, here you go:

https://eibach.com/eps-search?year=2023&make=Ford&model=Bronco&submodel=WILDTRACK+4-Door+2.7L+V6+EcoBoost+4WD+|+HOSS+3.0+|+Fox

Looks great! How are you liking them so far?
I just ordered a set for my wt. I put a winch on mine and the front sits so low. Can't wait to get it leveled out. Do you plan to change tire size or wheels?
Do you know if bump stops come with the spring kit?

mAtTyG04

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just ordered a set for my wt. I put a winch on mine and the front sits so low. Can't wait to get it leveled out. Do you plan to change tire size or wheels?
Springs only. I ordered for my WT and then canceled. Holding off hoping they come out with some rear HD springs.

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I wonder if these would allow 37’s. I have the 2.25 perch collar lift and it works well with my 37” KO2’s. This lift coming in at 1.9 might be cutting it close… I guess I could look at examples of this used on the bilstein WT’s

Jwells104

Wildtrak
First Name
Jameson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@derichio02 thats a great point! Let me know if you find anything. I’ll search too.

Sponsored

mAtTyG04

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Anyway, here you go:

any more updates/input?

OP
OP
FreddieLee

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
14 days and roughly 350 miles later, I still had 2” of lift in the front, and 1” of lift in the rear.

The Eibach springs are lighter (softer) than the Fox springs they are replacing, but the springs are forcing the struts to operate outside of the normal ride zone. If I had to guess, the struts are basically stuck in the bump zone, making the ride very firm. You will feel every imperfection on the road as if your tires are overinflated.

That said, I would not recommend them for an unloaded Wildtrak, or anyone expecting to retain the factory ride quality.

However, if your truck is loaded with enough overloading gear and bolt-on weight such as a winch, skids plates or bumpers to compress the springs enough for the struts to operate within the normal ride zone, these would be great for overlanding, and you’d definitely have a very plush ride. In short, an example would be someone who gained 2 additional inches of rake from installing a heavy bumper and winch. This is who the springs should be marketed to.

Removed and replaced the Eibach springs with OEM springs, and installed the RC 2.5.

Despite the springs not working for me, the folks at Eibach are nothing short of spectacular, and good folks to deal with. When I removed their springs, I noticed that they reassembled the struts with their upgraded bump stops. Easter Egg...

Last edited:

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

14 days and roughly 350 miles later, I still had 2” of lift in the front, and 1” of lift in the rear.

The Eibach springs are lighter (softer) than the Fox springs they are replacing, but since the Fox IBP struts are positive sensitive, the springs are forcing the struts to operate outside of the normal ride zone. If I had to guess, the struts are basically stuck in the bump zone, making the ride very firm. You will feel every imperfection on the road as if your tires are overinflated.

That said, I would not recommend them for an unloaded Wildtrak, or anyone expecting to retain the factory ride quality.

However, if your truck is loaded with enough overloading gear and bolt-on weight such as a winch, skids plates or bumpers to compress the springs enough for the struts to operate within the normal ride zone, these would be great for overlonding, and you’d definitely have a very plush ride. In short, an example would be someone who gained 2 additional inches of rake from installing a heavy bumper and winch. This is who the springs should be marketed to.

Removed and replaced the Eibach springs with OEM springs, and installed the RC 2.5.

Despite the springs not working for me, the folks at Eibach are nothing short of spectacular, and good folks to deal with. When I removed their springs, I noticed that they reassembled the struts with their upgraded bump stops. Easter Egg...
Are these upgraded bumpstops longer? wider? stiffer?

Strizzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

did you also notice the extra weight in the steering? I installed metalcloak skids and the steering seems like it isn’t as light, especially in parking lot scenarios when it used to feel super easy to spin the wheel over.

JP05

Wildtrak
First Name
jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

did you also notice the extra weight in the steering? I installed metalcloak skids and the steering seems like it isn’t as light, especially in parking lot scenarios when it used to feel super easy to spin the wheel over.
I haven't really noticed that. But I put the winch on when it only had a couple hundred miles on it.
I did go with the aluminum RCI skid plates. To save a little weight. Figured the accessories are gonna add up to a lot of weight.
Sponsored