Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion, Expedition, F250, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I haven't really noticed that. But I put the winch on when it only had a couple hundred miles on it.
I did go with the aluminum RCI skid plates. To save a little weight. Figured the accessories are gonna add up to a lot of weight.
Have you had a chance to put your springs on? Curious to see how they feel with the winch on there.
Sponsored

OBXBRONCO

Wildtrak
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

looking at gaining some height back too. lost a good inch or more with my winch setup on my 23 wildtrak. even more when I put my cooler/surf rod rack up front.
Ford Bronco PRO LIFT for HOSS 3.0 / Fox Available inbound1188608716260667541

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
14 days and roughly 350 miles later, I still had 2ā€ of lift in the front, and 1ā€ of lift in the rear.

The Eibach springs are lighter (softer) than the Fox springs they are replacing, but since the Fox IBP struts are positive sensitive, the springs are forcing the struts to operate outside of the normal ride zone. If I had to guess, the struts are basically stuck in the bump zone, making the ride very firm. You will feel every imperfection on the road as if your tires are overinflated.

That said, I would not recommend them for an unloaded Wildtrak, or anyone expecting to retain the factory ride quality.

However, if your truck is loaded with enough overloading gear and bolt-on weight such as a winch, skids plates or bumpers to compress the springs enough for the struts to operate within the normal ride zone, these would be great for overlonding, and youā€™d definitely have a very plush ride. In short, an example would be someone who gained 2 additional inches of rake from installing a heavy bumper and winch. This is who the springs should be marketed to.

Removed and replaced the Eibach springs with OEM springs, and installed the RC 2.5.

Despite the springs not working for me, the folks at Eibach are nothing short of spectacular, and good folks to deal with. When I removed their springs, I noticed that they reassembled the struts with their upgraded bump stops. Easter Egg...
Thanks for the input on this.

So I am understanding that the OEM ride is softer than the with-Eibach one. Where does the RC lift land relative to those other two?

Iā€™m looking for lift while preserving ride quality as best possible. My Wildtrak sits lower / has more rake than others seem to, even though I donā€™t carry any extra weight up front. I parked next to another HOSS3.0 WT yesterday and noticed it.

OP
OP
FreddieLee

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for the input on this.

So I am understanding that the OEM ride is softer than the with-Eibach one. Where does the RC lift land relative to those other two?

Iā€™m looking for lift while preserving ride quality as best possible. My Wildtrak sits lower / has more rake than others seem to, even though I donā€™t carry any extra weight up front. I parked next to another HOSS3.0 WT yesterday and noticed it.
Yes, that's correct. With the RC lift, and spacer lifts in general, you retain 100% of the OEM ride quality. The exception to that would be the newer hybrid spacer lifts, which now include a perch collar. No thanks...

The difference in rake is typical of Wildtraks. One guy will have a half inch of rake, and the next guy will have a full inch.

HPR23Wildling

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tesla Y, 2012 BMW 335is vert
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes, that's correct. With the RC lift, and spacer lifts in general, you retain 100% of the OEM ride quality. The exception to that would be the newer hybrid spacer lifts, which now include a perch collar. No thanks...

The difference in rake is typical of Wildtraks. One guy will have a half inch of rake, and the next guy will have a full inch.
What rc lift did you get?

Sponsored

JP05

Wildtrak
First Name
jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have installed the eibach springs on my hoss3.0. I think it turned out great. It does ride a little stiffer but I think I like it more. Had a lot of body roll.
Clearing 37s around town. But likely have problems off road.
Ford Bronco PRO LIFT for HOSS 3.0 / Fox Available 1000021787
Ford Bronco PRO LIFT for HOSS 3.0 / Fox Available 1000021798

OP
OP
FreddieLee

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have installed the eibach springs on my hoss3.0. I think it turned out great. It does ride a little stiffer but I think I like it more. Had a lot of body roll.
Clearing 37s around town. But likely have problems off road.
Subjective, but stiff is definitely an understatement.

Ride quality was not the problem, nor the reason I removed them. If the shocks cannot compress, you're not absorbing any impact, which results in poor ride quality, but that's only one issue.. More importantly, without compression, skipping and bouncing over bumps and potholes isn't particularly safe at highway speeds because you have tires that are losing contact with the road.

After I learned that the shocks were literally stuck outside the ride zone, I became increasingly paranoid that my shocks would fail prematurely. Had I known ahead of time, that would have been a hard-pass on my part, and the reason I suggested that they should be marketed to folks with vehicles heavy enough to compress the springs, which I believe was the case for the beta tester before me.

JP05

Wildtrak
First Name
jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ride quality was not the problem, nor the reason I removed them. If the shocks cannot compress, you're not absorbing any impact, which results in poor ride quality, but that's only one issue.. More importantly, without compression, skipping and bouncing over bumps and potholes isn't particularly safe at highway speeds because you have tires that are losing contact with the road.

After I learned that the shocks were literally stuck outside the ride zone, I became increasingly paranoid that my shocks would fail prematurely. Had I known ahead of time, that would have been a hard-pass on my part, and the reason I suggested that they should be marketed to folks with vehicles heavy enough to compress the springs, which I believe was the case for the beta tester before me.
I hear what your saying but their are plenty of people riding around with the collar spacers on their hoss3.0.
Which is essentially doing the same thing the replacement springs are doing.

I haven't been offroad with it yet but will once I get my max tire kit on there. Will report back if I don't like the springs. It's hard to tell till then.
As far as the On road characteristics I seem to like it a little more.

Sponsored

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Did you need to do any modifications to get the RC 2.5 lift to fit? It claims itā€™s not compatible with HOSS 3.0 so Iā€™m wondering if thatā€™s a generic disclaimer or if itā€™s due to cutting/mods you need to make to fit the lift components.

OP
OP
FreddieLee

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I hear what your saying but their are plenty of people riding around with the collar spacers on their hoss3.0.
Which is essentially doing the same thing the replacement springs are doing.

I haven't been offroad with it yet but will once I get my max tire kit on there. Will report back if I don't like the springs. It's hard to tell till then.
As far as the On road characteristics I seem to like it a little more.
Apples and oranges.

Perch collars add preload to the springs, so you still have use of the shocks travel.

Hardly the same thing, but good luck.

OP
OP
FreddieLee

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did you need to do any modifications to get the RC 2.5 lift to fit? It claims itā€™s not compatible with HOSS 3.0 so Iā€™m wondering if thatā€™s a generic disclaimer or if itā€™s due to cutting/mods you need to make to fit the lift components.
Nope, absolutely no modifications needed. I can only assume that the disclaimer exists because they have not physically installed a set on a Wildtrak.

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nope, absolutely no modifications needed. I can only assume that the disclaimer exists because they have not physically installed a set on a Wildtrak.
Nice. Thanks! Thats good news as itā€™s probably the route Iā€™ll go.

I wasnā€™t psyched about the 1.5ā€ of lift (not enough IMO) offered by the Eibach springs for fitting 37s, so the added extra inch ā€” plus your feedback on ride quality ā€” pretty much seals the deal.

Whatā€™s your opinion of the quality of the UCAs included in the kit?

OP
OP
FreddieLee

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nice. Thanks! Thats good news as itā€™s probably the route Iā€™ll go.

I wasnā€™t psyched about the 1.5ā€ of lift (not enough IMO) offered by the Eibach springs for fitting 37s, so the added extra inch ā€” plus your feedback on ride quality ā€” pretty much seals the deal.

Whatā€™s your opinion of the quality of the UCAs included in the kit?
Not sure how to speak to the quality of the included UCA's. As we all know, the only purpose that an aftermarket UCA serves is to achieve proper alignment following a lift, and that was not an issue. I can say that my primary focus was how the ball joint was seated in the UCA, which appeared to be just as robust as OEM, and how the ball joint seated on the spindle. At the end of the day, most ball joint failures are from lack of maintenance (grease), but the ball joints will in fact scream at you (squeak) for a while long before they fail.

If we're talking about quality of manufacturing materials, only time will tell, but I will say that compared to the lower control arms, which bear a tremendous amount of load, the upper control arms do not as their primary purpose is to keep the spindle upright. I suspect that short of manufacturing an upper control arm from recycled soda cans, they will be just as durable as OEM, and aesthetically, they look good (subjective). What I do not like are the spacers used at the frame pivots, but not an issue.

For $625, I didn't have high expectations, but was definitely satisfied. Compared to the $525 previously spent on RPG perch collars, plus the time spent in disassembling and reassembling the shocks (invasive), there's a lot of value in the kit from RC (spacers, arms, diff-drop bracket, track bar bracket).

Sorry for the long-winded response. šŸ˜¬
Sponsored