Sponsored

FOX PERFORMANCE ELITE SERIES 2.5 - feedback / review?

Rferrara

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tesla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi All,

im looking to get feedback on anyone who has these installed and came from a SAS package set up.

Im looking for a more plush/comfortable ride on road and wanted to see if these make the significant difference that they should.

any feedback would be appreciated.

thx!
Sponsored

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I drive a BL SAS and wife drives a WT. Her WT with the Fox is night and day to the BL. You'll like the 2.5 Foxes

OP
OP

Rferrara

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tesla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You'll probably get a lot of feedback from Wildtrak owners with the HOSS 3.0 package.

I'll warn you that the HOSS 3.0 package includes a modified stripped-down version of Fox's Factory Race series shocks, which is their high-end offering that includes an internal bypass. The Performance Elite series is actually a notch below the Factory Race series, and is kind of their "mid-level" consumer shock.

Both are really great shocks, don't get me wrong. But if you end up buying the Performance Elite 2.5s and find they don't match how everyone is describing their HOSS 3.0 shocks, that's because they're different designs.
interesting, any idea which set will give you more comfort on road, i was told that that the selectablity of the 2.5 and being able to dial it down would make it feel better on road but i admittedly have no idea?

O-BRONCO-O

Badlands
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I came from the Sasquatch Bilstein setup to Fox 2.5 Performance Elites. The ride quality is significantly better with the Fox 2.5’s. Way smoother ride on and off road.

I knew they would outperform the stock shocks in the dirt but I was afraid of how the on road quality would suffer. To my surprise, they were better on and off-road.

My only complaint is that the rear shocks could use a heavier coil. Depends on how you load your rig I guess. But with off-road gear in the trunk and a 37 on the rear, I’ve felt it bottom out a couple times, even with messing with compression adjustments.

OP
OP

Rferrara

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tesla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I came from the Sasquatch Bilstein setup to Fox 2.5 Performance Elites. The ride quality is significantly better with the Fox 2.5’s. Way smoother ride on and off road.

I knew they would outperform the stock shocks in the dirt but I was afraid of how the on road quality would suffer. To my surprise, they were better on and off-road.

My only complaint is that the rear shocks could use a heavier coil. Depends on how you load your rig I guess. But with off-road gear in the trunk and a 37 on the rear, I’ve felt it bottom out a couple times, even with messing with compression adjustments.
Thx so much! 2 follow up questions, would you recommend looking at any other shocks or would you buy the same again?

and how much was installation to get all 4 done? (if you didnt do it yourself)

Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would toss Fabtech into this mix for other shocks. I run their coil 2.5 res and they are smooth on road and very good off road.

I will state I used the whole system.

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thx so much! 2 follow up questions, would you recommend looking at any other shocks or would you buy the same again?

I would also throw Bilstein 6100s in the mix for just $800-900 it is a big SAS improvement and a 2.6 shock. Shock Surplus has a good article comparing them all.

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

O-BRONCO-O

Badlands
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would take a look at King. I was undecided between the two. I talked to the guys at Camburg and said I’d take the first available. Fox came in first!

I was quoted between $2000 and $2500 with alignment from a few shops. Ended up doing it in my driveway in about 6 hours. Relatively easy if you’re somewhat mechanically inclined with a good impact for some stubborn bolts.

AccuTune Offroad

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sasquatch 4 Door, Jeep JLUR, Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Fox PES shocks on our Bronco are pretty awesome. Super nice ride on the street/hwy and pretty damn impressive off-road with street pressure in the tires. Before & after our tuning and spring swap was a big help. Both Fox and King are a bit pricey, but you pay for what you get.

Fox or King shock packages
Fox vs King Tech Article

Send over a PM if you have any questions, happy to help.

Sponsored

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Fox PES shocks on our Bronco are pretty awesome. Super nice ride on the street/hwy and pretty damn impressive off-road with street pressure in the tires. Before & after our tuning and spring swap was a big help. Both Fox and King are a bit pricey, but you pay for what you get.

Fox or King shock packages
Fox vs King Tech Article

Send over a PM if you have any questions, happy to help.
Two thumbs up for Accutune! they are really good to work with and very knowledgeable. I appreciated that they steered me away from the most expensive upper A arms and toward the ones they have had the best luck with alignments with. That tells me they were more about the customer satisfaction than the amount of the sale.

Sorry can not give my review of the kings yet... they have been sitting in my garage for a couple of weeks now waiting on some other parts (they shipped faster than they told me they thought they would.... another under promise over deliver)..... Hopefully in the next two to three weeks.

I should get shipping info on my other parts any day now.

I am very excited to get this package together and try it out!

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dumb question, but if you're happy with the factory Sasquatch height and factory tires/wheels, will the Fox 2.5 Performance Elites still be a good option? I don't want any sort of lift on my truck, but I'm looking for a much better suspension on and off road.

O-BRONCO-O

Badlands
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dumb question, but if you're happy with the factory Sasquatch height and factory tires/wheels, will the Fox 2.5 Performance Elites still be a good option? I don't want any sort of lift on my truck, but I'm looking for a much better suspension on and off road.
Leaving them at the factory preload, it gave me about 2” of lift (Sasquatch). It’s not super noticeable.

I’ve had other lifts installed on previous trucks and definitely paid for it in ride quality. The Bronco did not suffer from the added height and actually performed/felt better.

AccuTune Offroad

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sasquatch 4 Door, Jeep JLUR, Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you're happy with what ya got, then spend those dollars on fuel and go have fun!

Its very difficult to explain how much better one type of suspension is from the next. The best way is to experience it. If you ever get a chance to jump in someones Bronco with different suspension, take it! You may be totally let down or blown away.

OP
OP

Rferrara

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tesla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you're happy with what ya got, then spend those dollars on fuel and go have fun!

Its very difficult to explain how much better one type of suspension is from the next. The best way is to experience it. If you ever get a chance to jump in someones Bronco with different suspension, take it! You may be totally let down or blown away.
I was under the impression that the fox would have the ability to add .0 to the front and .5in to the back at the lowest setting effectively not giving it a lift with SAS. (as i have hight issues already)?

i guess the question is can you tune the fox to not be any taller but better ride quality especially on road. particularly in your video the part about road vibration coming from the rear being tuned out?

this is the thing that most drives me crazy it feels like the rear tires are constantly out of balance
Sponsored