First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thank you for the summary of your install experience, I have a set of these arriving Monday, and it would sure be nice if I could inspect them for the incorrect upper mount condition that you had, before tearing into the install....Can you elaborate on what was wrong, and what to look for? Thanks! -Rob
Sure thing. I installed the rears first. Those went off without a hitch. When I went to install the fronts, I found that the upper mount stud spacing was off. The studs and OEM holes did not line up. Pictures of OEM and what I was working with from KING. 93mm OEM stud spacing Vs 100mm. Shot KING an email and pics and they sent out replacements.

AB101226-6AC4-4100-A87B-C9300F62E8C6.jpeg

116D5EE8-3C27-4A69-A096-3E8EFCEB3D90.jpeg

Rwhite692

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Blazer, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sure thing. I installed the rears first. Those went off without a hitch. When I went to install the fronts, I found that the upper mount stud spacing was off. The studs and OEM holes did not line up. Pictures of OEM and what I was working with from KING. 93mm OEM stud spacing Vs 100mm. Shot KING an email and pics and they sent out replacements.

Ah, I see. Off just enough to not go in.... I'll be checking mine for sure. Thank you!

1970Budster

Badlands
First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks Good! 👊

I have the Kings on my Bronco with the Baja Kits suspension and I love it!

AccuTune Offroad

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sasquatch 4 Door, Jeep JLUR, Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base

Ford Bronco KING 2.5 PERFORMANCE SERIES INSTALL 116D5EE8-3C27-4A69-A096-3E8EFCEB3D90

Ford Bronco KING 2.5 PERFORMANCE SERIES INSTALL 116D5EE8-3C27-4A69-A096-3E8EFCEB3D90
Yep :/ we got a batch with the same. They are Tundra top hats.

Sponsored

Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 Raptor, 2020 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How does it feel under braking with the kings? My stock bilstiens feel like they nose dive a ton under just regular braking, drives me nuts

mzmanny

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What production date tags do you have on your shocks?

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks great!
Also looks like you got the newer "longer" hoses on your front shocks. The set I have were built early on and the hoses are a few inches too short. King sent me some brackets to help fix the issue but they're still really tight. When I have to eventually open them up to rebuild, new hoses are on the list.

Rwhite692

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Blazer, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just received my fronts and checked them, sure enough, they have the wrong upper mounts on them. Thanks again OP for the info, would have sucked big time to discover this after tearing into the install. Fired off an email to King, hopefully they can send me the right ones quickly....(Update: King was super responsive, and is sending out new mounts immediately)

Ford Bronco KING 2.5 PERFORMANCE SERIES INSTALL stud_spacin

Last edited:

Sponsored

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I also had the wrong top hat on one side. Got I new by the next day from King. Now I have a weird issue of the front sitting over 2" higher then SAS at the lowest possible setting. Me or the shop can't understand why its sitting so high. I want to take out 1/2" but physically can't.

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Big Bend, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I also had the wrong top hat on one side. Got I new by the next day from King. Now I have a weird issue of the front sitting over 2" higher then SAS at the lowest possible setting. Me or the shop can't understand why its sitting so high. I want to take out 1/2" but physically can't.
They’ll settle after you drive it a few hundred miles. I don’t remember exactly how much, but I know mine settled quite a bit.

GreyZ

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo 350z, Bronco Badlands, Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you retighten your lca and uca bolts after the bronco was sitting back on the ground? or did you tighten them with it in the air.

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

going to pull mine out of the box when I get home from work to check but are front and rears both 93mm spacing?

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
going to pull mine out of the box when I get home from work to check but are front and rears both 93mm spacing?
I never measured the rears, since they went right in and I did the rear first. I would think that they're the same stud diameter and spacing.
Sponsored