First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not sure how to speak to the quality of the included UCA's. As we all know, the only purpose that an aftermarket UCA serves is to achieve proper alignment following a lift, and that was not an issue. I can say that my primary focus was how the ball joint was seated in the UCA, which appeared to be just as robust as OEM, and how the ball joint seated on the spindle. At the end of the day, most ball joint failures are from lack of maintenance (grease), but the ball joints will in fact scream at you (squeak) for a while long before they fail.

If we're talking about quality of manufacturing materials, only time will tell, but I will say that compared to the lower control arms, which bear a tremendous amount of load, the upper control arms do not as their primary purpose is to keep the spindle upright. I suspect that short of manufacturing an upper control arm from recycled soda cans, they will be just as durable as OEM, and aesthetically, they look good (subjective). What I do not like are the spacers used at the frame pivots, but not an issue.

For $625, I didn't have high expectations, but was definitely satisfied. Compared to the $525 previously spent on RPG perch collars, plus the time spent in disassembling and reassembling the shocks (invasive), there's a lot of value in the kit from RC (spacers, arms, diff-drop bracket, track bar bracket).

Sorry for the long-winded response. šŸ˜¬
Thatā€™s all super helpful. Thanks again. I think you sealed the deal here.
Sponsored

BuaidhNoBas

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak, 2022 Expedition Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a Wildtrak and had an inch of rake on it stock. I just added a pretty heavy winch/bumper, and lost almost an inch up front so now Iā€™m sitting at just shy of 2 inches rake. I definitely think the front is riding softer as well. Could someone give an opinion on what would happen if I added the Eibach springs on the front only, in an effort to level it out and stiffen the ride up front?

Edit to add that the only thing thatā€™s extra weight in the back is a Mabett tailgate table, and the back actually rose about 1/8 inch when i put the bumper on

Last edited:

JP05

Wildtrak
First Name
jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a Wildtrak and had an inch of rake on it stock. I just added a pretty heavy winch/bumper, and lost almost an inch up front so now Iā€™m sitting at just shy of 2 inches rake. I definitely think the front is riding softer as well. Could someone give an opinion on what would happen if I added the Eibach springs on the front only, in an effort to level it out and stiffen the ride up front?

Edit to add that the only thing thatā€™s extra weight in the back is a Mabett tailgate table, and the back actually rose about 1/8 inch when i put the bumper on
I am running a winch on mine had that same issue. I am very happy with my Eibach Spring kit on my hoss 3.0. I ended up with bout a 1/2 rake to mine after the install of both front and rear springs. i will say it took a few days before it settled down to that. i would wait to get it aligned till the springs settle if you do.

if you didnt want to do all that you could just put a leveling kit on it. They are pretty cheap and easy to install.

BuaidhNoBas

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak, 2022 Expedition Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am running a winch on mine had that same issue. I am very happy with my Eibach Spring kit on my hoss 3.0. I ended up with bout a 1/2 rake to mine after the install of both front and rear springs. i will say it took a few days before it settled down to that. i would wait to get it aligned till the springs settle if you do.

if you didnt want to do all that you could just put a leveling kit on it. They are pretty cheap and easy to install.
Thanks for sharing your experience - do you have much extra added weight in the back? I was worried the Eibach might be too stiff in the back as I donā€™t have much back there. My thinking was, Iā€™ve created more pre-load on my springs (and thus my position-sensitive shocks) with the heavy bumper/winch, and so the best way to fix it would be to add stiffer springs to get my shocks back into best operating position. A spacer would level it but not fix the shock issue, and a perch collar would make things worse. Am I thinking correctly?

OP
OP
FreddieLee

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If anyone in California wants the Eibach springs (free), I'm located on the West end of the San Fernando Valley.

Sponsored

JP05

Wildtrak
First Name
jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for sharing your experience - do you have much extra added weight in the back? I was worried the Eibach might be too stiff in the back as I donā€™t have much back there. My thinking was, Iā€™ve created more pre-load on my springs (and thus my position-sensitive shocks) with the heavy bumper/winch, and so the best way to fix it would be to add stiffer springs to get my shocks back into best operating position. A spacer would level it but not fix the shock issue, and a perch collar would make things worse. Am I thinking correctly?
I do not have anything extra on the back beside a heavy 37in mud tire with beadlock wheel. and i added the IAG Tire carrier.

It does ride a little stiffer. but i personally like it more. I also drive a F350 so i am used to a rougher ride.

I am not saying one way is right or wrong.

But that was why i went with the springs over the perches. I have been off roading most of my life and almost any vehichle you start to add accessories you need to upgrade springs. The factory springs rate are for weight of the stock vehicle. They donno who is gonna add what to them.

But If your not wanting to lift the rear any them maybe a small perch collar in the front might be the way to go...

aspen71

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes, that's correct. With the RC lift, and spacer lifts in general, you retain 100% of the OEM ride quality. The exception to that would be the newer hybrid spacer lifts, which now include a perch collar. No thanks...

The difference in rake is typical of Wildtraks. One guy will have a half inch of rake, and the next guy will have a full inch.
I'm developing such a case of "decision fatigue" on options for lifting my 23 Wildtrak... I'm configuring it for higher speed desert use, but don't necessarily want to abandon the Fox internal bypass shocks that I paid for as part of the Hoss 3.0 setup. I was all in on the Eibach springs until I read this. In terms of the RC lift, isn't it essentially a spacer lift? My concern is issues with full extension and decreased travel... or does the RC kit somehow eliminate that concern? Also, do you get a true 2.5 inches and enough to run 37's at full flex? Genuinely curious on how to get more clearance without dropping $6K on aftermarket coilovers and there seems to be very few options.
Sponsored