Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I don't think spacers will impact the ride much, you'll be using the same springs/shocks. Installing different springs/shocks could impact the ride, for better or worse, depending on your usage.

6G is like the epicenter of the universe for overbuilt vehicles. People here are buying Sas equipped vehicles mainly (only?) for street use! I advise not getting caught up in that arms race.

Do your monthly light trails and see how it goes, maybe down the road your driving will merit a major suspension upgrade.
Why are you so concerned about how other people spend their money????

I agree that spacers will not effect ride quality "that much"... although I can promise you that I can tell the difference in ride. Most people probably can not.

Those Foxes will be a dramatic change in ride. On road and off road.

Overbuilt vehicles? DAMN RIGHT!.... I am overbuilding my Bronco way beyond what is a proper "economical" choice. Why? Because I can. Because it gives me enjoyment. Because it makes it mine. I enjoy building it as much as driving it. I enjoy driving it on the road and off the road.... (and dirt roads are a road)... Tread lightly....

We all have to live within our own budget, what we do not have to do is live within someone else's budget. This is lego toys for adults. Every one of us will build ours differently. THAT is the COOL part. THAT is the FUN part.

AND yes OP... you will love those Foxes! I am pretty sure the trailing arms are the exact same (others here would know better than I). Not sure if the track bar is longer or if the mounts are slightly different. I am just not as familiar with the big bend as I intend to be eventually. I would just put it up against the current one and check. I know there are others here that could give you a definitive answer.

Don't know what you paid for them and I do not care to know, I think you are going to absolutely LOVE the UPGRADE! Aesthetically and performance wise.
Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a 4-door 2.3L Big bend non-sas that I’m looking to upgrade the suspension (would like to fit 35s and want a little extra height).
Should I be worried about the steering? Is there a different route anyone would recommend I take?
With the price of take-off Bilstein's being dirt cheap and the Fox still being a premium, both should give you the same lift and negligible performance for what you're doing, I'd go Bilstein's and spend the extra money elsewhere.

OP
OP
BrettH28

BrettH28

Big Bend
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

I agree that spacers will not effect ride quality "that much"... although I can promise you that I can tell the difference in ride. Most people probably can not.

Overbuilt vehicles? DAMN RIGHT!.... I am overbuilding my Bronco way beyond what is a proper "economical" choice. Why? Because I can. Because it gives me enjoyment. Because it makes it mine. I enjoy building it as much as driving it. I enjoy driving it on the road and off the road.... (and dirt roads are a road)... Tread lightly....

We all have to live within our own budget, what we do not have to do is live within someone else's budget. This is lego toys for adults. Every one of us will build ours differently. THAT is the COOL part. THAT is the FUN part.

AND yes OP... you will love those Foxes! I am pretty sure the trailing arms are the exact same (others here would know better than I). Not sure if the track bar is longer or if the mounts are slightly different. I am just not as familiar with the big bend as I intend to be eventually. I would just put it up against the current one and check. I know there are others here that could give you a definitive answer.

Don't know what you paid for them and I do not care to know, I think you are going to absolutely LOVE the UPGRADE! Aesthetically and performance wise.
I appreciate the insight! Yes, I know this will be an overkill for 98% of my usage. But it's my money at the end of the day, and I think the extra upgrade will be worth it.

I moreso was just trying to get some suggestions on if it's able to be done or not. Everything I have seen seems it will work. I'm looking at paying 1200 FYI. I think that's a good deal considering bilsteins are going for 800ish in my area.

OP
OP
BrettH28

BrettH28

Big Bend
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

My main concern was also too much negative rake (front end sticking up) due to the weight differences. I know Ford manufactures the broncos for a positive rake due to braking efficiency, mpg, etc..

Hopefully it will just be completely level.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

My main concern was also too much negative rake (front end sticking up) due to the weight differences. I know Ford manufactures the broncos for a positive rake due to braking efficiency, mpg, etc..

Hopefully it will just be completely level.
I have the Bilsteins and absolutely love the ride...BUT I have Bilsteins on my GMC and I loved the ride for about 10000 miles before they started to go soft on me (they are a different model). By 15000 miles they road like crap and I need to replace them. I am going to run these on the Bronco for a while but I am already starting to look at the alternatives.

My experience with a different model of shock on an entirely different vehicle should not color my expectations for these shocks but.... It does.... Not logical.

The people I have talked to locally with the Foxes seem to love them. All I have is anecdotal stories.... Not anything you should base an opinion on.
Sponsored