Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Heritage Edition
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Hello

My Bronco is sasquatch with the HOSS 2.0. In the past, I've drove a Wildtrak with the HOSS 3.0 setup for a while and really liked it.

Is it possible to purchase the springs/shocks from the HOSS 3.0 setup? I assume it would be a fairly easy swap, but I'm wondering where to get the parts. Has anyone done this?
Sponsored

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yep, definitely possible. I own a Wildtrak now, but I purchased a set of Fox struts and springs for an Everglades that I previously owned earlier last year. I used the Bilstein shocks from the Everglades to assemble the Fox shocks.

Yes, all of the parts are cross-compatible, and are probably assembled from the same parts bin. Since the shaft on the Fox strut is larger, the ID of the Bilstein bump stop needs to be drilled, but that's it.

The struts and springs were purchased from Dave at Levittown. I will see if I can find the receipt.

EDIT:

Here's the receipt from almost a year ago.

Ford Bronco Purchase HOSS 3.0 Suspension IMG-1850

Last edited:

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can order them from any dealer.

4-Door:
  • Front:
    • Strut - NB3Z-18124-B
    • Spring - NB3Z-5310-B
  • Rear:
    • Strut - NB3Z-18125-B
    • Spring - NB3Z-5560-B
Ford doesn't sell the complete assembled coilover, so there may be some additional bracketry and whatnot that is needed that I didn't list above, but that should get you started (your dealer should be able to find the additional parts).

I will caution you that the springs are (obviously) weighted for the Wildtrak, so if your particular Bronco is dramatically heavier or lighter than the Wildtrak you may find that your ride is either softer or harder than what you experienced.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base

4-Door:
  • Front:
    • Strut - NB3Z-18124-B
    • Spring - NB3Z-5310-B
  • Rear:
    • Strut - NB3Z-18125-B
    • Spring - NB3Z-5560-B
Ford doesn't sell the complete assembled coilover, so there may be some additional bracketry and whatnot that is needed that I didn't list above, but that should get you started (your dealer should be able to find the additional parts).

I will caution you that the springs are (obviously) weighted for the Wildtrak, so if your particular Bronco is dramatically heavier or lighter than the Wildtrak you may find that your ride is either softer or harder than what you experienced.
So regardless of if you got the tow package option or not, it's the same spring? Was that true for the Bilstein's?

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So regardless of if you got the tow package option or not, it's the same spring? Was that true for the Bilstein's?
Yup. The tow package on the Bronco changes nothing about the suspension, it's just the hitch receiver and the tow module to support the 7-pin wiring. (Probably part of the reason why the tow rating is so low.)

HOSS 3.0 has one set of springs for 2-door and another for 4-door, that's it. For HOSS 2.0 there are a handful of different springs depending on vehicle weight/configuration, but obviously HOSS 2.0 is available on a wider array of Broncos thanks to the Sasquatch package.

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yup. The tow package on the Bronco changes nothing about the suspension, it's just the hitch receiver and the tow module to support the 7-pin wiring. (Probably part of the reason why the tow rating is so low.)

HOSS 3.0 has one set of springs for 2-door and another for 4-door, that's it. For HOSS 2.0 there are a handful of different springs depending on vehicle weight/configuration, but obviously HOSS 2.0 is available on a wider array of Broncos thanks to the Sasquatch package.
Took me a while to find the Shock cookbook. According to that a 2-door Sas Bronco has different springs depending on whether you ordered the tow package or not.

Reactions: LCW
OP
OP
plipnoggen

plipnoggen

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Heritage Edition
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Thanks all.

Just so I understand, because it's not clear from the parts retailers I'm looking at... the shocks listed above (NB3Z-18124-B and NB3Z-18125-B) -- those are the Fox ones that come on the wildtrak?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks all.

Just so I understand, because it's not clear from the parts retailers I'm looking at... the shocks listed above (NB3Z-18124-B and NB3Z-18125-B) -- those are the Fox ones that come on the wildtrak?
Yes

LCW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

4-Door:
  • Front:
    • Strut - NB3Z-18124-B
    • Spring - NB3Z-5310-B
  • Rear:
    • Strut - NB3Z-18125-B
    • Spring - NB3Z-5560-B

Got the P/N's for a 2-door (2.7 w/ tow)? Por favor? :)

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Took me a while to find the Shock cookbook. According to that a 2-door Sas Bronco has different springs depending on whether you ordered the tow package or not.
I will fully admit I didn't look at every single possible vehicle combination. That is a very tedious exercise of collecting a bunch of VINs and looking at the HVBOMs for all of those vehicles. I will say that for all of the vehicles I looked at there was no difference when the tow package was added.
  • 2-door Black Diamond
  • 2-door Badlands
  • 4-door Badlands
  • 4-door Black Diamond
  • 4-door Big Bend
All 2.3L manual transmission (all the vehicles I was interested in when shopping).

My assumption is that it is based on curb weight, axle weights, and vehicle GCWR. So, for example, if you optioned the full vehicle bash plates or HD modular bumper, that could theoretically bump you to a different spring rate. But there is no difference in the GCWR or axle rates when you add the tow package, and a very negligible difference in curb weight, so I assumed based on that and the vehicles I looked up that the springs didn't change.

Where is this Shock cookbook?? If they did all of the homework for us that would be awesome.
Got the P/N's for a 2-door (2.7 w/ tow)? Por favor? :)
2-Door HOSS 3.0
  • Front
    • Struts: NB3Z-18124-A
    • Springs: NB3Z-5310-C
  • Rear
    • Struts: NB3Z-18125-A
    • Springs: NB3Z-5560-B

Sponsored
OP
OP
plipnoggen

plipnoggen

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Heritage Edition
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Do you happen to know the part numbers for the HOSS 2.0 (basic sasquatch) springs and shocks?

Also, out of curiosity, how do you find these various part numbers for things? (teach a man to fish).

MPTB

Wildtrak
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For the price of the hoss 3.0 you could probably get adjustable coilovers with more travel and compression adjusters from fox or king.

LCW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2-Door HOSS 3.0
  • Front
    • Struts: NB3Z-18124-A
    • Springs: NB3Z-5310-C
  • Rear
    • Struts: NB3Z-18125-A
    • Springs: NB3Z-5560-B
You are DA MAN!!!! Thnx!!

Any other needed hardware, or will needed parts from stock cross over?

Last edited:

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For the price of the hoss 3.0 you could probably get adjustable coilovers with more travel and compression adjusters from fox or king.
C'mon now. The cost for a full set of HOSS 3.0 struts and springs would get you a set of Fox 2.5 coilovers for the front of your vehicle. Full set, $,4800. Over the holidays, maybe $4,100.
Sponsored

Reactions: LCW