plipnoggen

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Heritage Edition
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
For HOSS 2.0 I'll need to know the engine/trim/transmission/etc, because the spring rates vary based on the vehicle configuration.
It's a 2.3 manual heritage, 2023.

What I liked about the fox setup on the wildtrack was that it just seemed much smoother and responsive to bumps on the road. Would I be better off just getting the shocks and swapping them out, but leaving my existing springs (since they are rated for the vehicle)?
Sponsored

MPTB

Wildtrak
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
C'mon now. The cost for a full set of HOSS 3.0 struts and springs would get you a set of Fox 2.5 coilovers for the front of your vehicle. Full set, $,4800. Over the holidays, maybe $4,100.
You can get a set of fox 2.5 now for around $3900. Well worth the 1500 extra vs the hoss 3.0.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's a 2.3 manual heritage, 2023.

What I liked about the fox setup on the wildtrack was that it just seemed much smoother and responsive to bumps on the road. Would I be better off just getting the shocks and swapping them out, but leaving my existing springs (since they are rated for the vehicle)?
Oh if you have a Heritage you already have HOSS 2.0.

I have no idea what the axle weights are on the Heritage trim, but if you installed HOSS 3.0 it'll probably be on the stiff side compared a Wildtrak. Wildtrak is heavier with the bash plates and 2.7L engine.

I have no idea if the HOSS 2.0 springs are compatible with the HOSS 3.0 struts. Maybe? But probably not.

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I will fully admit I didn't look at every single possible vehicle combination. That is a very tedious exercise of collecting a bunch of VINs and looking at the HVBOMs for all of those vehicles. I will say that for all of the vehicles I looked at there was no difference when the tow package was added.
  • 2-door Black Diamond
  • 2-door Badlands
  • 4-door Badlands
  • 4-door Black Diamond
  • 4-door Big Bend
All 2.3L manual transmission (all the vehicles I was interested in when shopping).

My assumption is that it is based on curb weight, axle weights, and vehicle GCWR. So, for example, if you optioned the full vehicle bash plates or HD modular bumper, that could theoretically bump you to a different spring rate. But there is no difference in the GCWR or axle rates when you add the tow package, and a very negligible difference in curb weight, so I assumed based on that and the vehicles I looked up that the springs didn't change.

Where is this Shock cookbook?? If they did all of the homework for us that would be awesome.

2-Door HOSS 3.0
  • Front
    • Struts: NB3Z-18124-A
    • Springs: NB3Z-5310-C
  • Rear
    • Struts: NB3Z-18125-A
    • Springs: NB3Z-5560-B
No idea if this is accurate but look at the 4-doors the Badlands non-sas, and 2-door Sas Broncos with the 2.3 Engines, they show different rear springs with the tow package.
Ford Bronco Purchase HOSS 3.0 Suspension shocks

The Definitive Guide to 2021+ Bronco Ride & Lift Heights with Wheel & Tire Sizes | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No idea if this is accurate but look at the 4-doors the Badlands non-sas, and 2-door Sas Broncos with the 2.3 Engines, they show different rear springs with the tow package.
shocks.png

The Definitive Guide to 2021+ Bronco Ride & Lift Heights with Wheel & Tire Sizes | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community
Bleh, they're missing a lot of combinations, and it isn't split out by trim in any way.

Well I got curious and looked up all of the vehicles below...
  • 2023 2.3L Badlands 2-door. 10sp, Mid, Sasquatch
  • 2021 2.3L Badlands 2-door. 10sp, Lux, HD bumper
  • 2023 2.3L Badlands 2-door, 10sp, High
  • 2023 2.3L Badlands. 2-door, 10sp, High, Sasquatch, Roof rack
  • 2022 2.3L Badlands 2-door, 10sp, Mid, Sasquatch
  • 2023 2.3L Badlands 2-door. 10sp, Lux, basically fully optioned, except Sasquatch.
All of them had the following part numbers:
  • Front: MB3Z-5310-J
  • Rear: MB3Z-5310-F
I wish I knew which vehicle had the "A" variant.

Last edited:

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish I knew which vehicle had the "A" variant.
Ah, I found an "A" variant on a 2023 Outer Banks Sasquatch.

Ford Bronco Purchase HOSS 3.0 Suspension 1705184708676

So I went and looked up every single 2-Door Outer Banks Sasquatch I could find. All of them had the "A" variant EXCEPT these two below. Both of these had the "F" variant that I found on all of the 2-door Badlands.

The first one does indeed have the tow package. The second one does not. But they both have the steel bumper and roof rails.

Either way, that Cookbook doesn't seem to fully accurate unfortunately.

Ford Bronco Purchase HOSS 3.0 Suspension 1705185168641

Ford Bronco Purchase HOSS 3.0 Suspension 1705185207566

MPTB

Wildtrak
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Kach Vartan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep, definitely possible. I own a Wildtrak now, but I purchased a set of Fox struts and springs for an Everglades that I previously owned earlier last year. I used the Bilstein shocks from the Everglades to assemble the Fox shocks.

Yes, all of the parts are cross-compatible, and are probably assembled from the same parts bin. Since the shaft on the Fox strut is larger, the ID of the Bilstein bump stop needs to be drilled, but that's it.

The struts and springs were purchased from Dave at Levittown. I will see if I can find the receipt.

EDIT:

Here's the receipt from almost a year ago.

IMG-1850.jpg
I’m going to demonstrate my ignorance with this question, but what is the difference between buying the parts you’ve listed vs. bring a coil-over set like the following:

https://www.shocksurplus.com/products/fox-2-5-performance-elite-coilovers-set-2021-ford-bronco

I assume it’s not just the cost. Is it the reservoirs? Are the aftermarket Fox shocks I linked to a different model than what comes with the Hoss 3.0/Wildtrak?

Sponsored

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m going to demonstrate my ignorance with this question, but what is the difference between buying the parts you’ve listed vs. bring a coil-over set like the following:

https://www.shocksurplus.com/products/fox-2-5-performance-elite-coilovers-set-2021-ford-bronco

I assume it’s not just the cost. Is it the reservoirs? Are the aftermarket Fox shocks I linked to a different model than what comes with the Hoss 3.0/Wildtrak?
The primary difference between the shocks I posted and the coilovers you linked is adjustability. With coilovers, you can adjust ride height, you have wider access to different spring rates, you can adjust compression and rebound damping, etc.

Kach Vartan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The primary difference between the shocks I posted and the coilovers you linked is adjustability. With coilovers, you can adjust ride height, you have wider access to different spring rates, you can adjust compression and rebound damping, etc.
Thanks. Two more questions if you don’t mind.

1. Would the Hoss 3.0 setup provide the same ride height as my current Hoss 2.0 on Badlands/Sasquatch? I have the OEM heavy duty bumper on the front and there is definitely 1.5 to 2 inches of rake I’d like to get rid of (in addition to benefit of a plusher ride provided by the Fox shocks). I wouldn’t mind an overall lift of 2-3 inches.

2. In another thread someone mentioned the aftermarket Fox Performance shocks are a step below the Fox Factory shocks that come on the Wildtrak. Any truth to that and would it be noticeable either in everyday driving or off-roading?

Rferrara

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tesla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did anyone find out if hoss 2.0 spring can be added to 3.0.?

effectively you could just buy the fox and put your existing springs on them if you have a 2.0 and not have to worry about the the correct spring rate?

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did anyone find out if hoss 2.0 spring can be added to 3.0.?

effectively you could just buy the fox and put your existing springs on them if you have a 2.0 and not have to worry about the the correct spring rate?
I would bet that they would work. Eibach sells a replacement spring that works on both the HOSS 2.0 Bilstein and HOSS 3.0 Fox,both have the same part number. So I would assume you could definitely use the same springs, but they may not be the ideal rate for the valving of the shocks.

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would bet that they would work. Eibach sells a replacement spring that works on both the HOSS 2.0 Bilstein and HOSS 3.0 Fox,both have the same part number. So I would assume you could definitely use the same springs, but they may not be the ideal rate for the valving of the shocks.
Bingo.
Sponsored