First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S3, F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just spotted this Bronco Wildtrack at 5 Star Ford in NRH, TX. It's a soft top, but most definitely has wiper power and washer fluid connections. I thought that it was stated previously by Ford that soft tops *would not* include these connections. Are they simply installing these connections on all Broncos now and calling this the "hardtop prep kit" for the upcoming soft top builds??

I suppose I was expecting some kit that had connectors that I (or the dealer) would have to install. While this may be a little bit of a sacrifice for cargo storage, I think this is likely a simpler option for myself as I wait for the hardtop situation to settle...

Edit 10 Aug: this thread just necro'd out of nowhere and I started receiving responses from folks. I did not (intentionally) repost this, and for anyone interested - this doesn't appear to be representative of the hardtop prep kit so much as a dealer mannequin modification to a soft top. For more info, I encourage you to check out the discussion that occured on my original, intentional, post:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/is-this-the-hardtop-prep-kit.20594/

Ford Bronco Is this the hardtop prep kit? IMG_4482

Ford Bronco Is this the hardtop prep kit? IMG_4481

Ford Bronco Is this the hardtop prep kit? IMG_4459
Sponsored

Last edited:

Kel

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kelechi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Chevy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yep looks like you are good to go. With hard top just connect the cables. No prep kit no cables as far as I understand

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think Ford heard the members here asking for the hard top wiring. They started a short time ago installing the wiring on all soft top orders, and builds.

I hope they continue to add the stuff. Because, if Webasto doesn't get all their chit in one sock by the first of '22 I'm going to change my order to a soft top so I can hopefully get it built before '23.

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just spotted this Bronco Wildtrack at 5 Star Ford in NRH, TX. It's a soft top, but most definitely has wiper power and washer fluid connections. I thought that it was stated previously by Ford that soft tops *would not* include these connections. Are they simply installing these connections on all Broncos now and calling this the "hardtop prep kit" for the upcoming soft top builds??

I suppose I was expecting some kit that had connectors that I (or the dealer) would have to install. While this may be a little bit of a sacrifice for cargo storage, I think this is likely a simpler option for myself as I wait for the hardtop situation to settle...

I believe the connections you see on side of cargo area are place holders, such that when you have the hard top on, you unplug them from the placeholders in the side of cargo area and connect to the hard top.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I believe the connections you see on side of cargo area are place holders, such that when you have the hard top on, you unplug them from the placeholders in the side of cargo area and connect to the hard top.
You are absolutely correct Nick. Got that little holder in my Wrangler. I do wish Ford would have put the little holders in a more out of the way place like the Jeep.

BroncoTodd

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X 100D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These wild tracks were built as hard tops (obviously), but they shipped mannequins to the dealer with a soft top to save the MIC tops for real orders. This has been the case on many pre-production broncos as well.

We can certainly HOPE that the the 'hard top prep kit' means that it is factory pre-installed wiring / plumbing as you see here, but I haven't seen any official confirmation from Ford yet that they won't just sent the parts for you or the dealer to install later. [They really better not do this!]
Sponsored