First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S3, F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just spotted this Bronco Wildtrack at 5 Star Ford in NRH, TX. It's a soft top, but most definitely has wiper power and washer fluid connections. I thought that it was stated previously by Ford that soft tops *would not* include these connections. Are they simply installing these connections on all Broncos now and calling this the "hardtop prep kit" for the upcoming soft top builds??

I suppose I was expecting some kit that had connectors that I (or the dealer) would have to install. While this may be a little bit of a sacrifice for cargo storage, I think this is likely a simpler option for myself as I wait for the hardtop situation to settle...

IMG_4482.jpg

IMG_4481.jpg

IMG_4459.jpg
Sponsored

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's what's expected, but that is a Wildtrak that only has the soft top because it's a dealer mannequin. Regular soft tops won't be produced with the hard top connections until September.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just spotted this Bronco Wildtrack at 5 Star Ford in NRH, TX. It's a soft top, but most definitely has wiper power and washer fluid connections. I thought that it was stated previously by Ford that soft tops *would not* include these connections. Are they simply installing these connections on all Broncos now and calling this the "hardtop prep kit" for the upcoming soft top builds??

I suppose I was expecting some kit that had connectors that I (or the dealer) would have to install. While this may be a little bit of a sacrifice for cargo storage, I think this is likely a simpler option for myself as I wait for the hardtop situation to settle...

IMG_4482.jpg

IMG_4481.jpg

IMG_4459.jpg
You do know that those are just the normal stowed position… they unclip from there and connect to a hardtop… or go wherever you want.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Papa Smurf

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco WT. ‘23 Maverick. Hybrid. '23 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It has been fairly well discussed that most dealer Broncos and demo builds were built as hard tops and then sent out with a soft top instead to save the hard tops for reservations.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is it just me or do those look like those will just break off the first time you load your Bronco with camping gear and go bouncing off road? Just plastic. Shouldn't those be recessed? Sort of a no brainer design flaw. I would just sort of cram them in the side if i could. or zip tie them down somewhere safe. What are everyone's thoughts?

peta8368

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

To summarize what others have already said, that particular vehicle is a Wildtrak, which can only be optioned as a hardtop. Therefore, it has the electronic and plumbing from a hardtop. However, it is a dealer mannequin, and they were probably having quality issue or shortages with the MIC hardtop, so a soft top was installed. Think of it as a Wildtrak order with extra soft top purchased from parts and installed.

Starting with September builds, all soft top orders will come with those connections by default. In short, every single Bronco built will have those, whether hardtop or soft top.

Peter

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it just me or do those look like those will just break off the first time you load your Bronco with camping gear and go bouncing off road? Just plastic. Shouldn't those be recessed? Sort of a no brainer design flaw. I would just sort of cram them in the side if i could. or zip tie them down somewhere safe. What are everyone's thoughts?
Seems fine to me. You could place it anywhere and they “could” break. However these look easier to plug in/remove vs it being recessed. Nothing’s stopping you from zip tying it somewhere else, but you might block your bottle opener ;)

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Exactly what it should be. Also includes the turn signal indicator with the rear wiper controls. What exactly where you expecting ?

Sponsored
OP
OP

NTX-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S3, F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To summarize what others have already said, that particular vehicle is a Wildtrak, which can only be optioned as a hardtop. Therefore, it has the electronic and plumbing from a hardtop. However, it is a dealer mannequin, and they were probably having quality issue or shortages with the MIC hardtop, so a soft top was installed. Think of it as a Wildtrak order with extra soft top purchased from parts and installed.

Starting with September builds, all soft top orders will come with those connections by default. In short, every single Bronco built will have those, whether hardtop or soft top.

Peter
Understood. I think what I was interested to see was that it was installed already. But what others have noted is because it was originally a hardtop. An important detail I overlooked! Good to know that they will be built in after Sept!

Thanks for the info, sorry that I appear to be a little behind the curve on this one…

Last edited:
OP
OP

NTX-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S3, F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Exactly what it should be. Also includes the turn signal indicator with the rear wiper controls. What exactly where you expecting ?
I was expected no connections because it was a soft top. As others have brought to my attention, this was originally built as a hardtop and the soft top was just tacked On after the fact. I appear to be playing catch-up on the dealer model details…

OP
OP

NTX-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S3, F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It has been fairly well discussed that most dealer Broncos and demo builds were built as hard tops and then sent out with a soft top instead to save the hard tops for reservations.
Understood. I’ve been a lurker for quite some time, but apparently missed quite a bit of these dealer demo details.
I am tracking now.
Thanks for the info.

OP
OP

NTX-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S3, F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you confirm if they were allowing test drives? And if so, add the info to this thread (you can edit the first post).
Sadly, I cannot. I was in a bit of a rush, stopped by for a quick look at Velocity Blue, snapped some interior pics, saw the hard top and had to ask the more-intelligent-than-I 6G community about the connections.
There was not a salesman in sight as I snapped the pics, though. Unsure if they’re really that short staffed right now, or if they’ve just had their fair share of lookie loos…
Sponsored