Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow. You guys are a fun bunch of folks. Keep drinking. It will drown your tears until you can get your pony.

And yes, if another customer is buying the exact same product I am am getting with an additional benefit because of the companies screw up, I should get the same level of compensation.

Hell, even my dealer rep and dealer GM agreed.
Sponsored

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
while I sympathize with you concern, and generally agree. I cant help you, because I did not order a soft top, nor do I have a build date, so not much I can ask for :)

with that said, has there even been a rumor of a aftermarket prep kit option to even purchase?

at very least I assume it means running a fluid line from the engine bay to the tailgate, and that probably involves quite a bit of disassembly to do. then theres the stalk to activate it... not that it would be impossible, but seems more invasive than 99% of soft top owners would want to attempt. If your really hard up, Im guessing some intrepid person will pull together a list of affected parts to order individually.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow. You guys are a fun bunch of folks. Keep drinking. It will drown your tears until you can get your pony.

And yes, if another customer is buying the exact same product I am am getting with an additional benefit because of the companies screw up, I should get the same level of compensation.

Hell, even my dealer rep and dealer GM agreed.
Ford makes an offer for additional people to switch to a soft top from a hard top. You are not in that category. You decided to get a soft top before the offer. For that you get an earlier build date than they do instead.

You are not owed anything or harmed in the slightest if someone else gets a deal you consider better than the one to which you fully agreed. If you want the same 'compensation' as the people switching now, change your order to a hard top, then swap it back to a soft top after September. Trade that earlier build date for the kit. Then you truly got exactly what they did. Then you will be happy!

Sponsored
OP
OP

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford makes an offer for additional people to switch to a soft top from a hard top. You are not in that category. You decided to get a soft top before the offer. For that you get an earlier build date than they do instead.

You are not owed anything or harmed in the slightest if someone else gets a deal you consider better than the one to which you fully agreed. If you want the same 'compensation' as the people switching now, change your order to a hard top, then swap it back to a soft top after September. Trade that earlier build date for the kit. Then you truly got exactly what they did. Then you will be happy!
I already asked for my build date to be pushed to September to get the kit. They told me that it was not possible.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Myself and five other reservation holders with July build dates spoke to our dealership and the Ford rep and requested FordPass Reward Points to cover the cost of purchasing and installing the prep kit after the fact.
So has it been confirmed, then, that what is being called a "kit" is actually pre-installed? I admit not being able to keep up with the various updates on the very fluid HT situation and Ford's responses, but I had thought that the "kit" was just all the wiring/switchgear/etc one would need to install themselves to true-up to hardtop req's. I didn't think Ford was actually installing these at the factory but would be happy to be wrong (but if it's installed how is it a "kit"?).

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So has it been confirmed, then, that what is being called a "kit" is actually pre-installed? I admit not being able to keep up with the various updates on the very fluid HT situation and Ford's responses, but I had thought that the "kit" was just all the wiring/switchgear/etc one would need to install themselves to true-up to hardtop req's. I didn't think Ford was actually installing these at the factory but would be happy to be wrong (but if it's installed how is it a "kit"?).
I assumed that it was installed at the factory. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.