stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've just closed out the first year on my Badlands. No major complaints at all so far, but I've been getting the HOOD AJAR warning a couple times the last week or so. Anyone else had this happen ?

I've opened, and shut it to make sure it is closed, but it still came back up today.
Sponsored

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As mentioned above there are a few posts about it. It happened to me once after opening the hood when it was about 20°F. Hasn't happened since.

BigSkyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - '96 Toyota FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Happened to me this spring while on a 1300 mi trip. Hasn’t happened since though so I actually forgot about it….

BroncoNC

Badlands
First Name
CL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It happened to me a few times when I first received the vehicle. I adjusted the rubber stops and it hasn't come back on in months.

Sponsored

C1 Ret

Wildtrak
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It happened to me a few times when I first received the vehicle. I adjusted the rubber stops and it hasn't come back on in months.
My I ask how you adjusted the stops? Up, down....etc. I have had that same alarm about 6 times in the last month.

C1 Ret

Wildtrak
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My I ask how you adjusted the stops? Up, down....etc. I have had that same alarm about 6 times in the last month.
ahhh. Those things are very loose. I threaded em up about a 1/4 inch. We'll see if this helps the issue. I also noticed recently the hood was moving up and down more than I think it should be, probably due to those stops working their way down. We'll see. If it does it again I will use that SSM posted previously.
Sponsored