Sponsored

Hood ajar warning came on shortly after wiper software update. {UPDATE}quit coming on after sitting overnight.

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hood ajar warning popped shortly after leaving dealer for wiper software update. Anyone else?
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hood ajar warning popped shortly after leaving dealer for wiper software update. Anyone else?
Is your hood ajar? If not maybe it’s the same common hood ajar issues lots of people had due to a bad hood latch ajar sensor.

OP
OP
lapazleo

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is your hood ajar? If not maybe it’s the same common hood ajar issues lots of people had due to a bad hood latch ajar sensor.
Nope closed right, in fact open and closed a couple times to be sure. Hadn't done it before in the last year of course we've artic temps the past week.

pillar406

Outer Banks
First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.keeseemotorcompany.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nope closed right, in fact open and closed a couple times to be sure. Hadn't done it before in the last year of course we've artic temps the past week.
Most likely a bad ajar switch they are very easy to test. I test and replace about 3 a week at the dealership

Sponsored

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Most likely a bad ajar switch they are very easy to test. I test and replace about 3 a week at the dealership
How to test would be very helpful. Couldn't it also just be a poorly adjusted switch? I had that issue on my LR3.

pillar406

Outer Banks
First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.keeseemotorcompany.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How to test would be very helpful. Couldn't it also just be a poorly adjusted switch? I had that issue on my LR3.
Easiest way to test it would be to remove the connector (C127) from the hood latch and install a jumper cable to the 2 holes in the connector. Do it when the hood ajar warning is on and if it turns off, its just a bad latch. If your vehicle is under warranty just make an appointment. Most dealers will not take your word and have to do their own testing. I'm a tech and when my hood ajar switch went bad I just installed the jumper and left it like that.

Attachments

OP
OP
lapazleo

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Easiest way to test it would be to remove the connector (C127) from the hood latch and install a jumper cable to the 2 holes in the connector. Do it when the hood ajar warning is on and if it turns off, its just a bad latch. If your vehicle is under warranty just make an appointment. Most dealers will not take your word and have to do their own testing. I'm a tech and when my hood ajar switch went bad I just installed the jumper and left it like that.
I was thinking about that. I really don't need a sensor to tell me my hood isn't shut right but I suppose that's yet another government mandated thing.

Trevortsang19

Base
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Would anyone be able to help me ; been having an issues with my wiper fluid, I go to try and spray fluid but nothing comes out and the wipers are fine and I have plenty of wiper fluid

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Olekz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, and that's why I am here. Driving home the morning the update was done at the dealership it came on. At first I thought nothing of it, just an accident that may have actually occurred by not shutting it completely. Then again, it came on two days later and again yesterday-- I find that very coincidental that this starting happening after the update. I've owned the car for 15 months and it has never been an issue until now. Before I go to the dealer and tell them I thought I'd look here first. Time to read what others are saying about this issue.