Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As others have said, it only happens in 4L for me, but it isn't a lingering issue. Doesn't happen all the time. But when it does, it will linger briefly and then revert back to the normal infotainment screen.

Makes me wonder that if it is a software issue, the behavior should be consistent. It would be easily replicated based on the same conditions. But that isn't the case in my experience.
Sponsored

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Same here always happens in 4low. Only way to get it to switch back is restart the bronco. It’s always aggravating because I usually need to always restart my Gaia maps on car play. Glad they have a fix for it.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Interesting that keeping the rear camera on is against the law (federal regs) but GM that offers a remote camera for the back of a trailer to allow you to "see" through your trailer as if it isn't there is fine and dandy.

Methinks they ought to remove all rear view mirrors since traffic behind me is always a distraction

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Mine is a '21 in that range and have never had this issue. One would think if it were software that it would be consistent. Hopefully they don't break something in the process...
Narrator: "It broke something"

OP
OP
ChompSticks

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So will it be an automatic OTA.update or will we have to take it in?
Think we will find out in december when the recall is officially released.

Sponsored

BlueBoy

First Edition
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco 351W
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Funny, my Bronco is at the dealership to fix my non-working parking brake dash light. They are still tearing it down and gave me a '22 F150 XLT w tow package as a loaner. You can turn the rear camera on at highway speeds and it seems quite handy

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Seriously, @Ford Motor Company , I LOVE it that the camera stays on after backing up…especially the 360 camera! NGL, It’s ridiculously handy in parking lots!
I agree with you. I have the delay enabled and mine will stay on after reverse until i move above a certain mph in gear. I have the stick so naturally I might pop it out of Reverse before i am actually in place. I rely on that delay feature to ensure its up a visible even when in Neutral. I thought it worked fantastic as is but I can also X out so not sure others issues

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Guess we have an upcoming over the air recall. Thank goodness because it’s been super annoying when off roading for me.

Official Recall Notice:
Ford Motor Company is recalling select 2021-2022 Ford Bronco models over a rearview camera issue.
The defect: in affected vehicles, the rearview camera image may still be displayed after a backing event has ended. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard number 111, “Rear Visibility.”​
The hazards: a rearview image that continues to be displayed after the vehicle is shifted out of reverse may distract the driver, increasing the risk of a crash.​
...​
I'm pretty sure there is a setting in the vehicle to turn that on and off.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here you see the photos. It's from the center stack, under features, drivers assistance.
The Recall would only make sense if when you turn off the delay, the system doesn't obey that.
Ford Bronco Recall: Rearview Camera issue fix coming via OTA over-the-air software update PXL_20221111_202643694.MP

Ford Bronco Recall: Rearview Camera issue fix coming via OTA over-the-air software update PXL_20221111_202653868.MP

Ford Bronco Recall: Rearview Camera issue fix coming via OTA over-the-air software update PXL_20221111_202658817.MP

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hope they don't take that feature away. It's very handy to have at some times. Say pulling into a tight area and trying to make sure the rear of your rig clears.

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mine is a '21 in that range and have never had this issue. One would think if it were software that it would be consistent. Hopefully they don't break something in the process...
I also have not had the problem, but I also have not used 4L yet...

OP
OP
ChompSticks

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hope they don't take that feature away. It's very handy to have at some times. Say pulling into a tight area and trying to make sure the rear of your rig clears.
It has only happened to me when i am in 4 lo about 5-10 times now and when it happens everything gets locked out until I restart the car, or wait about 10-20 minutes. It's not the rear camera delay.

OP
OP
ChompSticks

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree with you. I have the delay enabled and mine will stay on after reverse until i move above a certain mph in gear. I have the stick so naturally I might pop it out of Reverse before i am actually in place. I rely on that delay feature to ensure its up a visible even when in Neutral. I thought it worked fantastic as is but I can also X out so not sure others issues
It will stay locked in the reverse camera view for me. They only way to exit out is to either restart the car or wait about 10-20 minutes driving around. I am not able to close out of it when it freezes.

I have been in 4lo every time it happens to me

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
It has only happened to me when i am in 4 lo about 5-10 times now and when it happens everything gets locked out until I restart the car, or wait about 10-20 minutes. It's not the rear camera delay.
When you are in 4 low, you won't be going fast enough for it to turn off generally. That was my experience in the Off roadeo. That keeps it on. It's related to speed. you can always touch the X to turn it off if it is on and you are not in reverse.

OP
OP
ChompSticks

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When you are in 4 low, you won't be going fast enough for it to turn off generally. That was my experience in the Off roadeo. That keeps it on. It's related to speed. you can always touch the X to turn it off if it is on and you are not in reverse.
my X is disabled and I cannot access anything until I restart usually.
Sponsored