First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Audi A5 Cabriolet
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have my Bronco in for its first oil change/tire rotation this week. Beyond that I have them looking at my hard top (they confirmed I will be getting a new one that will arrive on friday), and my headlights. My headlights have a mind of their own and turn them selves on and off at their leisure. Could be 2 am and I look out to see headlights on etc. doesn’t matter if I leave the selector switch in OFF or AUTO (I have documented this in a series of videos months ago).

My dealer called and stated this was a known problem to ford and in talking with their service counter parts at Ford they are working on a new selector switch design and will issue a recall in the “future”.
I have not been on the forms in awhile, do we know anything else?
Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Headlight issue fix is still pending as far as I know...

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They know.

I seems to happen in spurts for me. I won't hear the "dings" when I turn it off for a while and not get anyone telling me my lights are on. Then it will shift and it will start turning on randomly for a week or two.

I just started telling people the lights turn on when it detects a threat like Teslas.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Only happens when I hit switch with my knee and it turns past last option, but dings at me until I correct it.

Had the wife's BMW lights on by themselves but I had parked, shut off but forgot I shut off and hit start/stop button again. It stayed in accessory mode for like 2 hours until I started and then stopped engine

Sponsored

iwantabasebronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have my Bronco in for its first oil change/tire rotation this week. Beyond that I have them looking at my hard top (they confirmed I will be getting a new one that will arrive on friday), and my headlights. My headlights have a mind of their own and turn them selves on and off at their leisure. Could be 2 am and I look out to see headlights on etc. doesn’t matter if I leave the selector switch in OFF or AUTO (I have documented this in a series of videos months ago).

My dealer called and stated this was a known problem to ford and in talking with their service counter parts at Ford they are working on a new selector switch design and will issue a recall in the “future”.
I have not been on the forms in awhile, do we know anything else?
Can I have your old hard top?

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My Bronco Sport headlights did what they wanted, when they wanted, Bronco has been fine so far.

Sponsored

raptoid

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Interesting seeing this. I also have this same issue on my Black Diamond. Just today I came out of work at lunch, hit my remote unlock and the headlight came on with the parking lights. Later this evening I walked into the garage and there it sat with the headlights on (and my remotes were in the upstairs desk drawer). I've had this stuff happening for a while but it seems to be more frequent lately.

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it's the selector switch at fault... is this happening to both types of switches (with and without factory fogs)?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah Ford had stated their target date for a re-designed switch was about now.

But when know how that goes.
Sponsored