First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You aren't the only one. I've had two separate occasions that the '21 Bronco has turned its headlights on several minutes after getting out of the vehicle. As you described, there was no indicator light as to which position the dial was in while the lights were on.

OP
OP

CG88

Black Diamond
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm having this exact same issue so I brought it into the dealer for investigation. It turns out the headlight switch is throwing errors codes and I have an appointment for the service dept to look at it. I'll let you know!
Did you get it fixed?

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a blown headlamp control fuse cause my lights to stay on for 15 or 30 minutes (I forget which, then the battery run-down protection kicks in and shuts it off) after shutting the vehicle off. My lamp control switch was inoperative at the time, lights were always on, could not be shut off.

Dealer replaced the fuse, hasn't been an issue since.

kfeen

Base
First Name
Kiern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did you get it fixed?
I went in and they did a software update and said the codes cleared... it happened again yesterday. I think I'm going to just wait and hope that Ford releases a TSB instead of having to bring this back to the dealership a million times.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wondering how the lights can even turn back on once vehicle is powered down. Surely it's not a hot connection?

Griffstar07

Base
First Name
M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base, Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wondering how the lights can even turn back on once vehicle is powered down. Surely it's not a hot connection?
I agree, it’s a total head-scratcher. Mine doesn’t do it if I manually turn the switch to off before shutting down. Otherwise it does it with some regularity. And to those who will say it’s my knee hitting it, no, I‘m not hitting it. The switch is still getting power, even when the engine is off, and it is somehow turning itself on when left in the default auto lamp mode.

OP
OP

CG88

Black Diamond
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My Bronco has been in the shop for almost two weeks and in short, they have no clue how to fix the headlight issue.

OP
OP

CG88

Black Diamond
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was told from my dealer that Ford is making a whole new headlight switch assy. and it will ship out in October. The current headlight switch is faulty.

Griffstar07

Base
First Name
M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base, Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was told from my dealer that Ford is making a whole new headlight switch assy. and it will ship out in October. The current headlight switch is faulty.
That appears to be the “word”. We all need to make sure we report it to our dealer so they have us on record.

Sponsored

MikeG

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Any updates on this issue? It happens to me on a regular basis, headlights kept on auto, then when getting in or out of Bronco it chimes at me and the headlight switch has no indicators lit and headlights are on.

OP
OP

CG88

Black Diamond
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Any updates on this issue? It happens to me on a regular basis, headlights kept on auto, then when getting in or out of Bronco it chimes at me and the headlight switch has no indicators lit and headlights are on.
I actually called Monday and was told that the part is ready for distribution but has yet been made available for ordering by my dealer until the first week of November . I'll believe it when I see it...
Sponsored