First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My Headlights will automatically switch to "On" every 3 days. I will open my door and the lights on chime will start going off. I look at my Headlight selector switch and it will Not be illuminated. The photos below show what it looks like for me vs what it is supposed to look like. When the switch is not illuminated, the headlights will be on until I turn the switch to turn them off. When it is in this state the headlights will never turn off and the dash/infotainment system it on as well. Is there anyone having the same issue?
Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco Headlight Issue messages_0
Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco Headlight Issue d5eab049-a06d-497d-9813-d63ffdc2c077
Sponsored

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Pilot, 2022 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Loose fuse? If on auto maybe the fuse for the sensor isnā€™t in so the headlights default to on?

do you leave it on auto headlights? I havenā€™t had the same issue, but have noticed that although I leave it on auto headlights, often the dash shows it is regular headlights (the A is not shown) until I toggle the switch away from and back onto the auto headlight location.

OP
OP

CG88

Black Diamond
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I always keep it on auto, I never touch the knob. I do know that the Bronco's default to Auto every time you start it.

Like this morning when I first opened my door, it will chime like I had the headlights on and I haven't even been in it yet. That's when the selector switch will not be illuminated.

iwantabasebronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Same with me and I know one other person mentioned it somewhere. My theory is that it happens around sunset but canā€™t repeat this issue intentionally. Havenā€™t taken it in because I doubt theyā€™ll be able to repeat it. Itā€™s annoyingā€¦.

iwantabasebronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I usually have to spin the dial around a bit to get it to wake up too.

Sponsored

Dcdds

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know if there is a way to disable the headlights turning on automatically when starting? ( I don't keep my lights on auto)

OP
OP

CG88

Black Diamond
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I usually have to spin the dial around a bit to get it to wake up too.
Yep, that's exactly how mine is. Have you changed anything at all on your Bronco? I only changed the light setting to turn off the lights 10 seconds after I get out.

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My Headlights will automatically switch to "On" every 3 days. I will open my door and the lights on chime will start going off. I look at my Headlight selector switch and it will Not be illuminated. The photos below show what it looks like for me vs what it is supposed to look like. When the switch is not illuminated, the headlights will be on until I turn the switch to turn them off. When it is in this state the headlights will never turn off and the dash/infotainment system it on as well. Is there anyone having the same issue?
Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco Headlight Issue trim.C0D957C2-21FF-462E-AF9C-EF03D5A64550.MOV
Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco Headlight Issue trim.C0D957C2-21FF-462E-AF9C-EF03D5A64550.MOV
I recall there being some other threads over time about the headlights. Seemed like there was a group that had possessed headlight switches doing weird things like being in the on position unexpectedly or turning on in middle of the night, and there was another group that concluded they were hitting their knees against the switch causing it to change from Auto to On or other positions.

Does anyone know if there is a way to disable the headlights turning on automatically when starting? ( I don't keep my lights on auto)
I have never looked but perhaps there might be a way in Forscan to adjust the auto headlight behavior.

Dcdds

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the reply. I have not seen anything mentioned in the past with forscan , which I have used. But l will check again. Having the lights come on by default when starting the car is as annoying as auto start stop for me.

iwantabasebronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yep, that's exactly how mine is. Have you changed anything at all on your Bronco? I only changed the light setting to turn off the lights 10 seconds after I get out.
I disabled auto high beam, but it was doing this before I did that. And yeah I think I changed the timer too but canā€™t remember off the top of my head

Sponsored

aggrad2010

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This happened to me the other day. Just assumed I had hit it accidentally at some point.

kfeen

Base
First Name
Kiern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm having this exact same issue so I brought it into the dealer for investigation. It turns out the headlight switch is throwing errors codes and I have an appointment for the service dept to look at it. I'll let you know!

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™ve had one instance where the headlight switch was ā€œdeadā€ as in no illumination for the current setting. I forget the code it threw but Iā€™ll see if I can find it. Everything still functioned normally after spinning the knob and itā€™s never happened again.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes using ForScan

In the BdyCM default should be 00 change it to 01 as shown below

726-74-01 xx01 xxxx xxā€”
Sponsored