Sponsored

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Nice pics. Iconic Silver is one of those sleeper colors. Looks even better in person. Currently deciding between Iconic Silver and Cactus Gray. Although I prefer the Black Mod Hardtop with Iconic Silver.
IS5 (1).PNG
Agree black top better

OP
OP
Mattwings

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you notice a height difference between the Badlands and BD?
I was never side by side with both at the same time.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's easy to see the spray pattern on the right front passenger door. I wonder if an off-road friendly (i.e. small) mud flap could prevent that without impacting capability too much. Given that the road "sand" they use around here is basically pea gravel I could see lots of dings from stuff being thrown up off the front tires and hitting the sides.
I mentioned it in another group that with the quick detach flares there should be a splash guard that could share the same mount. This way they can be removed easily for off road use yet still provide protection for those daily driving situations. A splash guard doesn't have to be a full 76 truck-stop flap, but still provide some protection for your own vehicle and others driving behind.

Sponsored

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rock rails will be replaced with actual functional sliders on mine. Those are for looks only.

OP
OP
Mattwings

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP

How much space behind the front tire and the upper control arm/steering knuckle? These tires I think are 10.4”, so there should be a solid .5-6”. Any photos behind the front tire?
I didn’t measure , will look through my pics.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well-done, Matt. Pure Art.
Bronco Black Diamond Grill.jpg
In the beginning I really liked all the grilles and headlights equally but now the Black Diamond with the non sig lights are my favorite buy far. I just wish they had put one more set of holes on each side and it would have matched the EB better.

Last edited:

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hit the jackpot this morning. Glorious Black Diamond.

Ionic Silver Bronco Black Diamond BA82E57E-3ABD-4301-867E-3ADA4847D89D_1_105_c.jpg

Iconic Silver Bronco Black Diamond.jpg

Ionic Silver Bronco Black Diamond A6FF7542-A394-4E64-9DBE-E8BA1FF09112_1_105_c.jpg
Great pics. I like this look because it's a step above a blank canvas! I think adding accessories will define the look and make it unique!

I'm a fan of the BD!!!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mattwings

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice photos, but I have a couple of questions that have been bugging me for a little while.

I'm viewing everything on my phone, so most things are a little hard to figure out, please don't hate me ?

Probably the #1 question... I see the skid plates, but am having trouble seeing how heavy-duty they are. Are they the regular type you get from a factory 4x4, where they are about the same toughness as a cookie sheet, or are they in line with aftermarket HD steel, or aluminum? Hate to pay Ford for cookie sheet thickness, and end up replacing them before I even hit the rocks.

Question #2... Does anyone know if you can add a snorkel to the Bronco? It doesn't really look like there is much space to attach on to the body, but I'm not very familiar with snorkels other than the ones that fit Xterras and Frontiers.

Other than those couple of questions, I'm really going bonkers waiting for the chance to order one. I may try to hold out until the Warthog comes out, but my Xterra is starting to cost more to maintain, than a new truck payment would run.

Thanks for all the great photos and info. You guys are a great source of knowledge ?
I would categorize the skid plates as good, not aftermarket good, but top of OEM specs. No clue on snorkel. Not sure if that helps.

OP
OP
Mattwings

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope ford does a better job on the fit and finish of actual orders. The rock rail close ups show piss poor craftsmanship!
I would not expect a big difference in final specs. Fit and finish was comparable to Jeep, maybe plus a bit. This is a full frame, frameless door SUV, not a Lexus Unibody crossover. Interior looked tight and well done.

OP
OP
Mattwings

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought the Black diamond got the HOSS suspension? This doesn't seem to have the Bilstein shocks.

Ford Bronco Jackpot! Bronco Black Diamond (Iconic Silver) seen up close & personal this morning 1610240270220
Definitely not HOSS.
Sponsored