Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been eyeing the JCR roof rack for the soft top but was hoping to find someone with some hands on experience with it.

I like that it allows you to open the rear to load cargo but would love to hear thoughts from anyone who's using it.

Thanks
Sponsored

BitterBronco

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tuxedo Black Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You might have to attach a photo or a link to the rack to drive some responses.

I want to hear some feedback too so wanting to add a comment to help drive some traffic

sLopeFx

Black Diamond
First Name
FxA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco BD Sas, 07 BMW 335i, 02 Cooper S JCW
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've been looking out for a ST rack for almost a year and the JCR rack seems to be best one in my opinion and is not ridiculously expensive like a few others.. The 22winty could have been an option for me, but they pretty much ghosted me so... I'm actually pulling the trigger on the JCR rack today for a ski trip next month so I'll let you know how it fairs then if someone has not done so already. šŸ˜Ž

98infinity

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150, 20 Road King, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anyone have anymore reviews of this JCR rack with a Roof top tent?

seanoj

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crown Vic, Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been looking out for a ST rack for almost a year and the JCR rack seems to be best one in my opinion and is not ridiculously expensive like a few others.. The 22winty could have been an option for me, but they pretty much ghosted me so... I'm actually pulling the trigger on the JCR rack today for a ski trip next month so I'll let you know how it fairs then if someone has not done so already. šŸ˜Ž
Hey, any feedback on the rack? I am looking at it too...

Sponsored

EruptionEnvy602

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey, any feedback on the rack? I am looking at it too...
This is my favorite in terms of look. I wish it had a pivot option like the 22Winty. $2600 for the winty seems too high.

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone have anymore reviews of this JCR rack with a Roof top tent?
I just installed mine last week and itā€™s solid! I really like the looks of it over the rest that are available for soft tops. Iā€™m going on a camping trip this coming weekend for a week with my truck camper. After that Iā€™m going to install my roof top tent on the Bronco and I will put the JCR rack to the test and report back after off road camping. Iā€™ll have better pictures of it to with the tent. Thereā€™s very little review information on this rack.
Ford Bronco JCR Soft Top Roof Rack - Looking for reviews IMG_4131

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just got back from Leavitt Lake at the 9600 elevation and the it was the first time off roading with the rack and the tent on it. It was solid and I was quit pleased with the roof rack and tent combo. I think I scored a home run with my soft top and tent.

I do have one gripe I think I can fix and will try. Without a tent there is a loud flapping sound at about 50-65 miles an hour and I believe itā€™s coming from the rear metal brace for the side brace. Iā€™m going to apply some heave duty Velcro to the metal brace itself, so the top side window and bottom of the Bronco soft top that normally touch each other will grip onto the new Velcro I put on the top and bottom of the metal brace.

I also want to mention depending how far back you put a tent on it, the back may not open all the way when you lift the rear soft top. Mine actually opened far enough for my dogs to jump in the back without hitting there heads on the bottom of the rear top. I was able to secure it by resting it below the notch it goes into.
Ford Bronco JCR Soft Top Roof Rack - Looking for reviews IMG_4309
Ford Bronco JCR Soft Top Roof Rack - Looking for reviews IMG_4310
Ford Bronco JCR Soft Top Roof Rack - Looking for reviews IMG_4311

98infinity

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150, 20 Road King, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just got back from Leavitt Lake at the 9600 elevation and the it was the first time off roading with the rack and the tent on it. It was solid and I was quit pleased with the roof rack and tent combo. I think I scored a home run with my soft top and tent.

I do have one gripe I think I can fix and will try. Without a tent there is a loud flapping sound at about 50-65 miles an hour and I believe itā€™s coming from the rear metal brace for the side brace. Iā€™m going to apply some heave duty Velcro to the metal brace itself, so the top side window and bottom of the Bronco soft top that normally touch each other will grip onto the new Velcro I put on the top and bottom of the metal brace.

I also want to mention depending how far back you put a tent on it, the back may not open all the way when you lift the rear soft top. Mine actually opened far enough for my dogs to jump in the back without hitting there heads on the bottom of the rear top. I was able to secure it by resting it below the notch it goes into.
Let us know how it goes with the Velcro and if it flaps after

seanoj

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crown Vic, Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Watching this closely. The Velcro is going where the arrows are below?

Ford Bronco JCR Soft Top Roof Rack - Looking for reviews 1693341307086

Does the front of the rack make noise in the wind? Do you have the lightbar cutout?

Thanks in advance for all the inside info...

Sponsored

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Watching this closely. The Velcro is going where the arrows are below?

Ford Bronco JCR Soft Top Roof Rack - Looking for reviews 1693341307086

Does the front of the rack make noise in the wind? Do you have the lightbar cutout?

Thanks in advance for all the inside info...
No, not there. Expand your picture up in the top of the side brace where the two silver screws are. Just below the silver screws there is a metal bracket that goes in between the top and the side window and bolts onto the the Bronco. That metal bracket is separating the side window and the top, where the Velcro normally meets. That is where the noise has to be coming from.

I wonā€™t be able to test this fix out, by adding Velcro to the top and bottom of the metal bracket for about a month. But I believe it will fix that flapping noise. Iā€™m away from my Bronco at the moment.

seanoj

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crown Vic, Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had to watch the install video () to see where the bracket passes through the soft top. The install of that is ~ minute 5.

Thanks for the continued updates. I really appreciate the info. I think I am pretty close to ordering this, but I remain concerned about additional noise, especially this flapping thing...

-Sean
Sponsored